It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shattered Mirror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
These words are from deep inside, the groaning and moaning of a frustrated optimist. Oh, I can put on the smiley, happy face as well as anyone but some times I just have to scream and yell at the night. Saddened and broken by so many unrealized dreams and failed attempts at resolving the meaning of life and my part in it. Tired of easy answers and shallow suggestions. I share the following not to glean support or sympathy only to expose this moment as I wrote from my inner despair. Please know that I am not suicidal. I am much more than this despair and life always finds a way to lighten up my day like the rising of the morning sun. Peace to everyone.

Words lie shattered at my feet
like shards of a broken mirror
they reflect my scattered soul.

They are bits and pieces of me,
broken by my refusal to accept
what I have become.

What grotesque image is revealed?
Their outlines are like scars
cutting across me, still bleeding.

Self inflicted, my suicide wrists
are still red hot and burning,
hands unwilling to pick them up.

I cry for the darkness of sleep,
the absence of thought
so that the pieces are no longer visible.

I flee the room and chase hope,
she runs before me,
always just out of reach.

Hope, please slow down,
I am running out of breath.
Life please let me inhale.

Let me drink again and again
of the cool water of restoration.
Restore to me the joy of life
and the joy of my salvation.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

Very Powerful inner feelings here! I like this!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Wow!! That was raw, emotional, dark and beautiful. Wow!

Negative emotions are always much easier for me to write about, do you feel the same? It's better to get those feelings out in words on paper rather than doing something that may end up being permanent.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

By admitting I have those feelings some times, it takes away their power to impact me in negative ways. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I do feel it is easier to write about those feelings because for me they have more intense emotions connected to them. Peace!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Your attention is gratifying and gives me confidence that I am being understood. Peace.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

And may Peace be To You as well!!!

I totally understand You!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Dark poetry that's from your very inner is very good poetry in my eyes. I actually have a dark one I want to share but also I light one too... I may..
Very well written my friend .. We all feel pain. We all feel suffering and one day we will reach the other side of this realm and I just think it will be so much better.
Peace and love to you my friend

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: natalia
Poetry has a way of communicating emotion that cuts through verbage and connects heart to heart. Natalia you are one of my friends on ATS that speaks that truth. Much love and peace to you my friend. I too am looking forward to that day when we can rejoice together. But until then thanks for being there.

top topics

join