It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thing fish: lets discuss the best album of all time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: CardiffGiant

The Beatles " Sgt Pepper" is the greatest album of all time. That is not only my opinion but the opinion of many music journalists, musicians, critics fans and historians. And who am i to argue with them ?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.rollingstone.com...

thats the great thing. music is subjective. sgt pepper is awesome but imo, not the best. not even top 10

Correct, music IS subjective. Is that the answer as to why Zappa's " Thing Fish" doesn't appear on any " Greatest Albums" list ?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The Beatles " Sgt Pepper" is the greatest album of all time. That is not only my opinion but the opinion of many music journalists, musicians, critics fans and historians. And who am i to argue with them ?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.rollingstone.com...

thats the great thing. music is subjective. sgt pepper is awesome but imo, not the best. not even top 10

Correct, music IS subjective. Is that the answer as to why Zappa's " Thing Fish" doesn't appear on any " Greatest Albums" list ?

no. the answer is it should and youre wrong for not putting it there.

hahaha.... j/k man

if you think album X is the best of all time and you think it is awesome then it is. simple as that

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Zappa is a God and I believe that time will crown him the greatest composer of the 20th century - popular, classical and jazz.

My favorite of his albums is probably "You can't do that on Broadway" - it's just fun.

My first concert, rock concert without parentals - was Frank Zappa with the LA Philharmonic at UCLA's Paley Pavillion in 1969. My parents let me go with a friend beause of the Orchestra. Even with the technical difficults (he scheduled a piece for Orchestra and Tape - and the recording equipment wouldn't work) the concert was awesome.

The LA Phil occassionally pairs him with Varese and Stravinsky in there modern "Green Umbrella" series. Awesome when they do.

I can't give you a favorite Orchestral piece, there is so much.

But best Album of all time in a rock genre would have to be Moody Blues "Nights in White Satin".

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Zappa is a God and I believe that time will crown him the greatest composer of the 20th century - popular, classical and jazz.

My favorite of his albums is probably "You can't do that on Broadway" - it's just fun.

".

have to pick one
broadway the hard way... or
you cant do that on stage

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Zep IV.

Sgt. Pepper a close second.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
My favorite Zappa will always be his first few albums with the Mothers.

Freak Out! is one of my top 5 favorite albums.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
How about some steely dan. Countdown to ecstasy and Katie lied. Not a bad one on those albums. Electric lady land will never get old either.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Greatest of all time? Nah..

Thriller,
Sgt pepper
Basically anything but fish...lol

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

i think most people, maybe 95% cant get into zappa.
usually people think he is the best(me) and others just dont dig it.

I love Zappa but I cant get into his music but I know I should because he is so damn good at that thing he does.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

".

have to pick one
broadway the hard way... or
you cant do that on stage

LOL - I know - there is so much - I'd have to say Broadway the hard Way - just for fun - don't think it's his best work but it is probably the one I listen to the most and refer people to the most.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Here he is on Letterman talking about Thing Fish

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Thanks for noting that. I'd never heard of it but I will check it out now.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

i think most people, maybe 95% cant get into zappa.
usually people think he is the best(me) and others just dont dig it.

I love Zappa but I cant get into his music but I know I should because he is so damn good at that thing he does.

i love broadway the hard way. thats another album that most people will not get just because of the subject matter in those songs. its fantastic though

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join