It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Begins: Council On Foreign Relations Proposes That "Central Banks Should Hand Consumers Cash Dir

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I had a 3 year old business that was moving but starving for cash. Went to the bank. They told me to go ask family or friends. No assets, no business.

Silly Poster! The Banks need that money to invest in emerging economies where the real profits are made in this Globalist Utopia. Not to some Economy they have already stripped to the bone. The Mortgage and Derivative Scam was the last Hoorah before they focused elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Real interest rate is the lending interest rate adjusted for inflation as measured by the GDP deflator.

Looks like some countries have tried printing money by the wheelbarrow-full.

data.worldbank.org...

Who is choreographing the global currencies the G7, the G8,the G20,the IMF,the World Bank, who?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: R_Clark
Funny enough, if they just did that in 2008... it likely would have worked...

In 2008 Australia gave the bailout money to the welfare class and families. The only ones who missed out were the DINKS (double income no kids). Australia weathered the GFC better than any other country in the world. Having billions of tonnes of minerals to sell helped too but the US has that (or food, technology etc).

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, well well. Looks like my idea wasn't so far off the mark after all! I have said it for several years now. They could give every family in the USA $2M and allow the population to get out of debt for less money than they send to Pakistan! Imagine no car loans, no mortgage, no credit card debt and no school loans. More people able to purchase homes, cars and other items. Our economy would surge like it has never done before. Those who are smart will only spend a portion and save the rest for a rainy day. As for me, I would retire in style!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This is bad news. The CFR is a globalist hang out. Where were they in 2008? that's when the government should have taken a number of regional banks and nationalized them, taking the FDIC accounts out of the big failed banks, namely the Federal Reserve Cabal members. Then let them and AIG and who ever else fail. We would have had a spectacular recovery by now based on the liquidation of to big to fail bank assets. The government then could have sold the new federal bank and made money for the taxpayer. Instead we got hosed with bailout ad nauseam.

Instead what we got was a monetization of bad bank investments and a never ending supply of money to prop up asset prices. Why the prop of asset prices, because asset prices underwrite the financial instruments. If you have deflation of asset prices then the financial instruments become worthless and the entire house of cards falls. Its a fiat currency propping up phony paper investments. The Federal Reserve is out of ideas, its is rudderless without a paddle. The CFR's idea will do nothing but spark consumer price inflation and with asset prices in a hyper bubble that will start the death spiral for the US dollar. This is the CFR's idea. They have been working towards globalization and that requires the US to become a failed state. I have no doubt that the they are working with the BRICS. And this has been going on for a long while. Since the 1980's US manufacturing and other business have been permitted to leave this country. The financial industry has peal harbored us. We are a nation of debts with a currency that's been printed into worthlessness. When the bubbles pop, the US fails and famine starts, they will round people up into camps and throw in a few people with ebola. It will be "population control" in both meanings of the term.

Even in the Bible they knew that permanent inflation was not possible and there was the shmita, a built in period of rest and deflation for the economy. a 3000 year old solution that our leaders cannot seem to grasp. But to be fair, it is the federal reserves phony fiat currency, the money is owned by the banks and so I suppose they can do what they want with it, we're the ones foolish enough to agree to use it, to mortgage our children's and grandchildren's lives to it and even more foolish to consecrate the federal reserve note with "In God We Trust."

I've posted elsewhere, but you really need to see this video www.youtube.com... The US is failing not just in a geopolitical, financial sense but in moral and ethical sense as well. We cannot keep killing innocent people around the world and funding terrorists and making weapons of mass destruction and biological weapons. You have to wonder if the four horsemen are riding. we have Pestilence (Ebola), War (Syria, Iran, ISIS, Ukraine, BRICs), soon to have famine (droughts and solar minimum). All these things are on the verge of happening and when that starts then we will have Death, lots and lots of death. the Satanists masquerading as globalists will have their war against creation.

Perhaps near the end our foolish leaders will realize that they have been deceived to their doom.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is great news, if everyone around me has more money I can raise prices for my services, if I get less work from higher prices that's ok too because I'm getting extra cash from the central bank as well. We'll all be able to work less and still have extra cash, that's got to be good for the economy

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Actually, It IS Great News.

And it's about time that the stupid, broken, corrupt system gets some badly needed reforms.

I don't know what the OP's big problem is - they aren't going to take YOUR money - their going to use The BANKS' MONEY.

*eyeroll* Then again, maybe the OP is a banker. Don't know, don't really care.

Well, in any case, here's another story about it that explains why it makes GOOD SENSE - for EVERYONE and for our economy.
Just on the off chance that you all want to hear some of the up-side to it.
truth-out.org...

edit on 9/3/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Actually, It IS Great News.

And it's about time that the stupid, broken, corrupt system gets some badly needed reforms.

I don't know what the OP's big problem is - they aren't going to take YOUR money - their going to use The BANKS' MONEY.

*eyeroll* Then again, maybe the OP is a banker. Don't know, don't really care.

Well, in any case, here's another story about it that explains why it makes GOOD SENSE - for EVERYONE and for our economy.
Just on the off chance that you all want to hear some of the up-side to it.
truth-out.org...

I believe we are all going to be handed cash from the central banks of the western developed world and that moment is coming soon. The developed world has been importing more than it exports for the past 40 years. The problem is newly created cash on our balance sheets will only help as long as we can keep sending back empty containers to other countries, and they keep holding those dollars that are sent out. $40 billion a month must spew out of the U.S. never to return if the current economic system is to continue. One more dollar panic and the imports become more expensive, even more cash will be created to compensate, up go imported goods prices until finally imports match exports. When that happens the status quo of the past 40 years stops and we suddenly find ourselves importing far less stuff than our current lifestyle is used to. More cash will actually mean we will end up having less and working harder in the U.S., this will be a very good thing for the rest of the world indeed.

So when you say "why it makes GOOD SENSE - for EVERYONE and for our economy." you must be referring to the economy of the entire 7 billion population of the planet.

"Importing more than you export means lots of empty containers. . . . .
In the first eight months of 2010, the port saw the equivalent of 700,000 more full 20-foot containers enter than leave.

45% of containers exported from port operator APM Terminals’ Port Elizabeth facility (part of the Port of New York and New Jersey) are empty, a reflection of the trade imbalance."
fortune.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nrd101
I would applause you if I could.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: inthewinterdark

"Importing more than you export means lots of empty containers. . . . . In the first eight months of 2010, the port saw the equivalent of 700,000 more full 20-foot containers enter than leave.

Real economic indicator.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: inthewinterdark

Thanks for your view.

I propose that all debt be wiped out - and people start with what they have. Eliminating ALL DEBT, and thusly the "spread sheets" of banks and corporations that count "accounts receivable" (but unpaid) as "assets" would have to erase those.

In the Hellenic period, they had a Jubilee year every 7 years - ALL DEBT was forgiven.

One of the major problems we have in the economy now is that is debt-based and -driven.
I don't claim to be an economist, but I don't see any other way out of this gridlock than to give people enough Monopoly money to pay off their "debts" - or erase the debts altogether (forgive them) - and so on.

Universal bankruptcy, no exceptions to the erasure.
(Like Student Loans - it's next to impossible to get out from under them. That needs to change.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join