It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS demands $6.6 million ransom for kidnapped 26-year-old American humanitarian worker

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The Islamic State (ISIS) said it kidnapped the unidentified 26-year-old American woman last year while she was on a humanitarian mission in Syria. The fighters said they will free her only if the U.S. government forks over the multi-million dollar ransom, ABC News reported.

Her family has requested she not be identified.

In addition to the ransom, the terrorists have also demanded the U.S. free a prisoner of its own: Aafia Siddiqui, a Pakistani neuroscientist convicted of attempted murder.

The 26-year-old humanitarian worker is one of at least four Americans ISIS have captured.

The group has threated to kill another American reporter, Steven Sotloff, next. The 31-year-old, whose work has appeared in TIME magazine, was kidnapped in Syria

ISIS demands $6.6 million ransom for kidnapped 26-year-old American humanitarian worker

So here we go again...
How in the world does ISIS think a humanitarian worker can be treated as an enemy combatant?

You bet your 'A' its way past Kickass and take names time!
I hope this rumor of a new Hunter Killer team is true... they need to put an end to these guys and soon!

ABC
broke the story 3 hours ago so there is no word yet from officials... but the US does have a policy of not paying these kinds of demands

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
We cannot pay for kidnappings or they'll intensify 1000%. Send in spec-ops and give them some lead to the head or bomb the hell out of where they are. Americans need to stay away from places like this for now or suffer their fate.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps

How in the world does ISIS think a humanitarian worker can be treated as an enemy combatant?

It got your attention, which is what ISIS and their western handlers are all about.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Where did they come up with the figure 6.6 million from. You think they would say ten million or five million.

Why do people go to help in areas like that, I might contribute a little to a food drive but would never go there.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Where did they come up with the figure 6.6 million from. You think they would say ten million or five million.

They start with that piece of paper..

Now lets see... my mom needs a new car, grandma wants her kitchen remodeled, My Aunt just had a new baby and I've already had to toss a dozen I phones to keep the CIA from tracking me down... yeah 6.6 mill should cover it..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
who do they think they are, Dr Evil?

'we want......... 6.6 million! ha ha haaa' (while assuming Dr Evil pose).

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Exactly.
I think they should try to save her too.
If they pay the ransom, which is a strange number to say they least, they will only kidnap more people for ransom in the future.
Why not ask for 7 million?
What do they need real quick , that they are missing exactly 6.6 million?
Or at this point are they just messing with our minds?

And agreeing with rickymouse....who in their right mind would go to a hostile zone, where people can't stand your country?

I do hope to God they will send in some special op to save this poor, unfortunate young woman.

edit on 26/8/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

edit on 26/8/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/8/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: so many spelling mistakes, sorry

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
In a sense, they did say five million. Today's rate of exchange with the Euro would be five million Euros for 6,586,001 dollars.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Before Killing James Foley, ISIS Demanded Ransom From U.S.

In fact, until recently, ISIS had a very different list of demands for Mr. Foley: The group pressed the United States to provide a multimillion-dollar ransom for his release, according to a representative of his family and a former hostage held alongside him. The United States — unlike several European countries that have funneled millions to the terror group to spare the lives of their citizens — refused to pay.

It think the US should pay the ransom( just like European nations do), and then take care of exterminating these terrorists.

The logic that says we shouldn't pay is just giving more importance to money when lives are much more valuable and priceless.

It's just my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The Islamic countries need to get their sh#t together and do something about this. They are all sitting on their hands waiting for the U.S. to do the dirty work, I think to a large degree this is a problem created by the U.S. and its foriegn policy but still..people will not get past this aspect of Islam if the rest of the Islamic world doesn't take action.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They already OPENLY stated they were sending an Elite hunter Killer force to handle them may they can swing over and pick HER up too.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
6,6 Million $.... Well because the world does not revolve around the now almost obsolete American currency and it was probably demanded in Euros.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
The Islamic countries need to get their sh#t together and do something about this. They are all sitting on their hands waiting for the U.S. to do the dirty work, I think to a large degree this is a problem created by the U.S. and its foriegn policy but still..people will not get past this aspect of Islam if the rest of the Islamic world doesn't take action.

Are you asking for an all-Muslim army ?
So, Asians, African, Arabs, American and Europeans Muslims are suppose to create an army and fight ISIS ?

What should that military be named...... ??

The Global Muslim Army......sounds realistic.

(post by samsamm9 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

originally posted by: vonclod

The Global Muslim Army......sounds realistic.

They had something like that with the now defunct Iraqi special forces unit called the Apostles...
Word is Task Force Black is trying to revive them... But who can really say just what the CIA and MI6 are really doing?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

In addition to the ransom, the terrorists have also demanded the U.S. free a prisoner of its own: Aafia Siddiqui, a Pakistani neuroscientist convicted of attempted murder.

Siddiqui immigrated to the U.S. in 1990 and was indicted on the attempted murder charges in 2008 after she tried to kill two U.S. officials. Dubbed "Lady Al Qaeda," the 42-year-old MIT-trained scientist has been held in a Texas prison ever since her 2010 conviction.

From your link.

So not only do they need 5 million Euros, they also want a criminal released?
Who just so happens to be a neuroscientist?

What do they need her for???

On a side note: Have you noticed that they kidnapped a woman, and are asking for a female criminal in exchange?

My 2 cents: Either they need her for something , to work on something, or she is a relative.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

They need they neuroscientist back cause she was the only one who knew how to work the can opener!

Okay... let me think... trained Doctor.. Ebola outbreak... airplanes... tons of jihadists...

Nope, beats me why they want her back ---Winkz

edit on 26-8-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

They need they neuroscientist back cause she was the only one who knew how to work the can opener!

Okay... let me think... trained Doctor.. Ebola outbreak... airplanes... tons of jihadists...

Nope, beats me why they want her back ---Winkz

Ebola is too dangerous , and cannot be controlled, or hardly.
It would be a bad weapon that could backfire.
It would be a danger to them too. They must have some other purpose for her though.

Unless you think they only need her to be there and help in case some one gets infected, which I doubt. There are doctors there too for that.

I was thinking more on the lines of chemical weapons.

edit on 26/8/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well it's finally out,the list of things ISIS would need 6.6mil for...$ 200.000 for a new yellow mercedes for al baghdadi...$120.00 for a few happy meals for the staff and the crew of the beheading video...$2000.00 for jasmine and samira hot new hookers stolen from falujah...a cool million to throu a party for the beloved Mossad agents in the tower of babel...another million for wardrobe and uniforms...and the rest for hiring a holywood director to muscle up their acts.Comes to $6.599 mil and with a $1000.00 postage and handling fees it is exactly $6.6 mil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join