It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newegg.com and why I recommend it to EVERYONE.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hello all. As you can see by the title this thread is about Newegg.com. For all of you who don't know Newegg, once you know you Newegg.

I don't know anything of Newegg but what I've learned from my experiences with the website. With that said, I must say I love the website. Always cheap(est) prices of electronic goods available from computer parts up to mopeds and car parts. I love the site for many reasons but price isn't the main one. Odd right? It's the mostly 1 day shipping I get from their New Jersey shipping center to PA and the customer service. I've had to call up a few times because of manufactures making a misstep and Newegg has accommodated me VERY well.

I have much to say about the website but my experience today is making me recommend it more than I already do. I called them to let them know a manufacturer sent me the wrong part with my CM 690 II computer case purchased in 2012. After verifying that the wrong part was sent via file sharing pictures. The Newegg agent apologized and explained how it could happen which seemed very reasonable as to why this could happen. I let the agent know that I was not dissatisfied with being sent the wrong part but instead only wanted to inform them. I had and have no intention of sending my case back. Truth is, I like Newegg enough that I wanted to help them prevent things like this from happening. So after the short talk with Newegg, I was thanked for bringing this and an older issue up about a manufacture. Than I was awarded a $100.00 gift card. I love this website

It doesn't just stop there though. If you call Newegg up and ask them to help you buy parts that are compatible, they do.

They generally speak english very well and are polite.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Newegg.com or Tigerdirect.com use them all the time for parts, if one doesn't have the part I need the other does.
They are comparable in quality, quantity and price, so I go with who ever is the cheapest at the moment.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RedmoonMWC

I've heard nothing but great things of Tiger as well. I just stick with what's worked for me. I've been recommended that site many times as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I agree they are great, I bought the wrong part and just put the return label on and sent it off, they are really helpful for people like me that don't know much about computers but do some stuff yourself.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just wanted to throw monoprice.com and Microcenter in there too. CPU's are cheaper at Microcenter than anywhere else.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ive used Newegg, Tigerdirect, and Microcenter (I go to their brick and mortar store near my house).

Tigerdirect is the one I've done the most business with as (at least as far as I have experienced) they always had the cheaper price over Newegg.

I use Microcenter mostly for Hard Drives (they have great sales), CPU's, and cables and wires. It's good sometimes to just get in the car and spend a couple of hours out, and then come home with the stuff you wanted/needed.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I've used Newegg, Tigerdirect, and Crucial.
Can't say anything bad about any of them.

I do, however, use Amazon to compare prices.....

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I have always used Tigerdirect. Their customer service has been second to none. Years ago I was building a machine to take overseas; the video card I ordered didn't work. They overnighted a replacement part, no questions asked. Awesome folks...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Just stopping in to share my agreement with how great newegg is

Definitely one of the best online retailers

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Thanks for the feedback on Tiger and microcenter

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I discovered Newegg many years ago and their customer service, particularly their return policy has always been top notch. I've also had some good experience with Tiger Direct in the last couple of years. I used to get the Tiger Direct catalog and the prices were always horrible but in recent years they've come way down. I've also had good experiences with Servers Direct ordering random things that I couldn't find on Newegg.
edit on 2014-8-26 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
One more to throw in here is parts-express.com

It focuses more on sound, but you can get great prices on cables ($5us for quality 12ft HDMI, comparable with monoprice).

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I have to say that I stopped shopping on Newwegg due to my using their advice on compatibility of parts. I was rebuilding my comp and I gave them all the info,then told them what all I wanted to upgrade, When I got the parts,one of them was the wrong one. I asked them to send my a different one that was compatible,and I had to pay $50 for a $60 part to be restocked! I was outraged. So all I got back was $10 for a $60 part and I still didn't have the part I needed. They told me they were sorry but that was their policy. So I used my policy of never shopping there again.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I am a huge Newegg.com fan.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

I have to say that I stopped shopping on Newwegg due to my using their advice on compatibility of parts. I was rebuilding my comp and I gave them all the info,then told them what all I wanted to upgrade, When I got the parts,one of them was the wrong one. I asked them to send my a different one that was compatible,and I had to pay $50 for a $60 part to be restocked! I was outraged. So all I got back was $10 for a $60 part and I still didn't have the part I needed. They told me they were sorry but that was their policy. So I used my policy of never shopping there again.

Never delegate responsibility to be informed to someone else. You should have checked.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well not being a geek I had no choice on some of the parts but to use their advice that the parts were compatible. Since they had suggested the part and it turned out to be the wrong one,they should have waved the restocking fee and gone ahead and got me the right part. Its not like I wanted it for free,I had paid for it after all.

top topics

join