It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet God, the art-nazi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: borntowatch

No need to go ad hominem, this is theology, not preaching. You don't have to marry the cow to study it.

Art is an art. And in a way, looking at the church and how it can preach one thing and do the opposite, and on such an epic scale, now that's art, but it's an artform I don't necessarily like! Apologetics and denial, their virgin-mother libido, human sacrifice, coveting and storing immense wealth, the child abuse scandal.... The church is a cesspool stored in magnificent buildings built by enslaved saints, a hooker preaching chastity. If the Pope was a word, he would be an oxymoron.

Yeah its shocking isnt it, thats one of the reasons I love Gods judgement so much, so many people who think they are, are not, and will get what they really deserve.

Yep in the church as well as outside of the church.
People are not nice are they.
We have turned life and everything we do in to idol worship.
From lust, greed, murder and selfishness, yet here, in this post we worry about paintings and figures made of clay.
Lets destroy them, but ignore that what you posted above.

silly isnt it.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Yeah its shocking isnt it, thats one of the reasons I love Gods judgement so much, so many people who think they are, are not, and will get what they really deserve.

Are you looking forward to getting what YOU deserve? Or, are you hoping for grace. I recall someone, somewhere, saying something about reaping what ye sew.........

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

It's always the ultra violent and uptight, pious judgemental ones who long for God's judgement, isn't it. Like IS and how they simply can't wait, or the Inquisition, Al Quaida. I guess that when you fight demons a lot, you learn from them somehow, and there is a real danger you might turn into one of them. But instead of choosing the obvious path to any Christian: "Do onto others like you would like others do onto you" and "Love your enemy" -- and simply absorb these demons' darkness and carry on, turning the other cheek, perhaps together with a few winged words or a one-liner -- these people dream of revenge and having built up a rage that could fill an Olympic size swimmingpool, or at least a handful of islamist HiLux-es they march through life with all this hate and prejudice, dreaming of relief on Judgement Day. How ironic. How utterly ironic. For Hell is raised for such hate and violence alone.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

I am not sure if this is relevant but it sure did make me lmao

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

Haha, that's a good one. Never saw her resemblance with that uptight Austrian from the 30's before. She does look a bit like him, as if he was half drunk perhaps?

ETA: You can see he's actually doing it on purpose. Naughty boy! Now that's a laugh haha
edit on 30-8-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: eta

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Are you looking forward to getting what YOU deserve? Or, are you hoping for grace. I recall someone, somewhere, saying something about reaping what ye sew.........

Please dont make the mistake, of thinking I dont think I deserve as much retribution as anyone else to be judged and condemned as a guilty sinner, deserving what comes.
I am well aware my faults and sin, well aware what I deserve, well aware that I am not a nice person, that I am guilty, so guilty in fact I cant deny it.

All I can do is plead guilty and beg mercy. I can also try to serve God by my words and action in my life.

I can also look with a clear conscience at silly statements like the OPs, condemning art, when the issue is not the art, its the persons attitude toward the "art".

If you had the slightest concept of what the bible teaches, you would understand that Gods issue with humanity comes from whats within the man, not from without.

Your concept id backwards, your saying the world effects us, God says we should affect the world.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Yeh, I can imagine some sort of HUD holographic coming down from the Halo....

I mean, the Old testament CAN be construed as Sci Fi Horror....quite easily. In fact, I astounded several devout religious people when I gave a 'sermon' of my interpretation of the Abraham, Moses and Ezekiel stories.

I didn't mean to cause them to question their faith but I assure you they are better people for it.

Mind Opened....Ignorant Light....Assassinated!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

Sounds like an Alien not wanting humans to record evidence of their visitations.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe Jehovah was an alien or reptile a la David Icke, we couldnt allow christians/jews/moslems to know the real truth.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

I am not sure if this is relevant but it sure did make me lmao

I remember reading not too long ago that she is the daughter of Hitler. Netanyahu letting us in on the secret.
Netanyahu thinking " we made Germany pay for the Holocaust...now you're bail out the rest of Europe...hahaha"

www.his-forever.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

Yeh, I can imagine some sort of HUD holographic coming down from the Halo....

Yes, something like that perhaps. Some kind of bubble helmet, like a goldfish-bowl.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join