It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now do it for Israeli kid! Calls on Lionel Messi to balance his support of Palestine children.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It's so disproportionate. The Children of Gaza are some of the forgotten children of the world and they need his support.

Free Gaza---let's end this occupation and this apartheid. Let's stop killing these children.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: live2beknown

Also keep in mind, 99 percent of the rockets fired from gaza are basically high school science projects. No warheads.

And where does this 99% statistic come from? Did you pull it from some dark orifice?

I don't know where you went to high school, but we never got to build anything that could do this:

These are from a house that suffered a direct hit early today about 1km from where I live... The occupants were not able to get to their safe room in time, but luckily nobody was killed. I often hear (And feel the explosions from) the rockets being intercepted by Iron Dome right about the time I am walking into my safe room... Probably less than 15 seconds warning time.

I really wish you and others would stop trying to minimize the potential of these rockets... I bet if they were landing in your town you wouldn't be so casual about it...

LINK

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
It's so disproportionate. The Children of Gaza are some of the forgotten children of the world and they need his support.

Free Gaza---let's end this occupation and this apartheid. Let's stop killing these children.

That's a great sentiment and sounds good in theory, but it's not that simple. The reality is that the instant free flow in/out of Gaza is allowed, Hamas will acquire more and bigger weapons to attack Israel with. Unless safe guards are put into place to prevent this, the borders will not be opened... Ideally, Hamas would be removed from power and the PA would take over. If that were to happen, the people of Gaza would be in a much better situation.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CommandoJoe

originally posted by: amazing

That's a great sentiment and sounds good in theory, but it's not that simple. The reality is that the instant free flow in/out of Gaza is allowed, Hamas will acquire more and bigger weapons to attack Israel with. Unless safe guards are put into place to prevent this, the borders will not be opened... Ideally, Hamas would be removed from power and the PA would take over. If that were to happen, the people of Gaza would be in a much better situation.

I understand but you must ask yourself how Hamas is able to recruit so well and why they have support, the answer is the actions of Israel. Look at the west bank...and even though there is no Hamas, Israel still is doing everything in their power to stop them from gaining statehood or recognition by the UN and the west bank is still an occupied area under apartheid. Looking at it this way it seems that Hamas doesn't really have anything to do with this equation.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CommandoJoe

Actually the speaking of the bilingualism isn't as common as you'd expect. Every sign in Israel is in both languages. They want less communication between peoples.

Also there was no arabic accent. (Israel said there was a possible slight Arabic accent).

This is joke interview btw. He tries to bring up and relate ISIS and HAMAS. And as I have said there would be no civilian deaths if Hamas had better weapons. THe numbers speak for themselves Hamas kills around 90 percent IDF and maybe 6 citizens. Meanwhile Israel kills around 1400 civilians including 440 children.

Also.. he never admits that Hamas killed those kids. He said he learned of the admissions from Israel interrogators. I bet if the Israel's interrogated you with the need to get information that started a war riding on it.. you'd say whatever.

HE NEVER ADMITS THAT, NEVER.

I encourage everyone to watch the video and see what it looks like when someone swallows Israeli propaganda hook line and sinker.

Also, it was immediately blamed on Hamas and they arrested almost a thousand people.

How do they know it wasn't a random act of violence, or hatred against the three for some other reason. BiBi was looking for a reason to go into Gaza. Zero evidence yet they blame Hamas, arrest them and do it knowing it would provoke retaliation. You may think Mossad or Israel is incapable, but you'd be a fool to think they wouldn't do this themselves. BIBI has said himself he wants Palestine gone.

Here is your homework tonight Commando Joe Israel's Operation Justified Vengeance.
edit on 26-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Actually the speaking of the bilingualism isn't as common as you'd expect. Every sign in Israel is in both languages. They want less communication between peoples.

Also there was no arabic accent. (Israel said there was a possible slight Arabic accent).

It's not what I'd expect, it's what I know from experience...
Actually most of the signs on the main roads are in 3 languages - Hebrew, English, and Arabic. But once you get off the main roads this is not always true.... MULTI-lingualism IS common in Israel. Exactly how much time have you spent in Israel? I've often been in situations where someone speaks little to no English, and they try to communicate with me in another language (After Hebrew) - Russian, French, Spanish... Knowing 2 languages here is VERY common, and 3 (or more) is not unusual. Many people I work with speak 3 languages...

As to the accent issue - In working with people that speak Arabic & Hebrew vs people that only speak Hebrew (And English for both) I can't notice any accent when they are both speaking Hebrew. Granted, I've only been around it for 5 years, and I'm not a native speaker of either one... But you also have to consider when someone is proficient in a language they can recognize and eliminate an accent. Look at all the British actors on American shows with no accent. Another example is Netanyahu who speaks very good English with almost no accent.

In addition, consider the fidelity of cell phone audio, especially when someone is just in the background rather than directly talking into the phone, and then further degradation/compression when it is recorded.

Between all those things I don't place a lot of value either way on accent or no accent being heard.

This is joke interview btw. He tries to bring up and relate ISIS and HAMAS.

So the leader of Hamas decided to give an interview as a joke?

And as I have said there would be no civilian deaths if Hamas had better weapons.

That's a load of BS - Hamas has already proven otherwise. Laser guided anti-tank missile hits school bus

Also.. he never admits that Hamas killed those kids. He said he learned of the admissions from Israel interrogators. I bet if the Israel's interrogated you with the need to get information that started a war riding on it.. you'd say whatever.

He says Hamas leadership didn't know about the details - But if Hamas didn't do it, he could still deny any involvement by Hamas members, he doesn't and goes on to even advocate it. If Hamas was such a wonderful group it wouldn't be so hard to condemn the killing of the Israeli teens...

Also, it was immediately blamed on Hamas and they arrested almost a thousand people.

Yes, Hamas was suspected, because it is exactly the type of thing they like to do, and they are the most likely suspects. And that suspicion was eventually shown to be true. Whether or not Hamas was suspected would have no impact on the # of people taken in for questioning.

How do they know it wasn't a random act of violence, or hatred against the three for some other reason.

Random acts of violence are really not so common here. I was open to the possibility that it could just be some Palestinian wanting to take some action against Israel, or even some Hamas members acting on their own (Which it appears to be the case now), but I'm very sure it wasn't just some random Israeli doing this. There really isn't much Israeli on Israeli violent crime here. Israeli's really cherish children even those that are not their own (Contrary to what many of you think). When the rocket fire escalates many people send their children north to try and get them out of harms way, while Hamas gives their children toy guns and teaches them to kill the Jews.

BiBi was looking for a reason to go into Gaza.

The only reason needed was the dramatically increased # of rockets from Gaza...

Zero evidence yet they blame Hamas, arrest them and do it knowing it would provoke retaliation.

How does arresting people in the West Bank provoke retaliation from Gaza? Why weren't there rockets being launched from the West Bank then? Maybe because it is not run by terrorists...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: live2beknown

imho, Messi did the right thing for being neutral to both sides.

And I also begin to understand why I live to these days,
It is so I can see that, on this planet, it IS more difficult to strive for peace with everyone than to use someone's deaths to create more conflicts.
Interestingly, those conflicts also led people to have conflicts in this digital hangout place.
The experience of seeing these facts 'pains' me more than when i read about those children who died in the war.

peace
edit on 26-8-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Knowing that they generally have segregated schools for the Palestinian children in Israel (i doubt they teach Hebrew). I know there is one school where Israeli and Palestinian kids go together (an experiment/anomaly - or hell could be more nefarious). Israelis and even some moderate Jews are some of the most racist people in the world. I dated a Jewish girl and her parents were opposed solely because i was goyim. So I am sure the prospect of Israeli and Palestinian kids developing relationships is a fear.

I have no doubt that not as many speak both languages when compared to other cultures with multiple languages in close proximity.

Doesn; change the fact there was no discernible arabic accent in the kidnappers he voice (to the point they put our a disclaimer beeause of course Israelis would ask quesrions,.. bu whatever no point in wasting our time.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CommandoJoe

It's not what I'd expect, it's what I know from experience...
Actually most of the signs on the main roads are in 3 languages - Hebrew, English, and Arabic. But once you get off the main roads this is not always true.... MULTI-lingualism IS common in Israel. Exactly how much time have you spent in Israel? I've often been in situations where someone speaks little to no English, and they try to communicate with me in another language (After Hebrew) - Russian, French, Spanish... Knowing 2 languages here is VERY common, and 3 (or more) is not unusual. Many people I work with speak 3 languages...

As to the accent issue - In working with people that speak Arabic & Hebrew vs people that only speak Hebrew (And English for both) I can't notice any accent when they are both speaking Hebrew. Granted, I've only been around it for 5 years, and I'm not a native speaker of either one... But you also have to consider when someone is proficient in a language they can recognize and eliminate an accent. Look at all the British actors on American shows with no accent. Another example is Netanyahu who speaks very good English with almost no accent.

In addition, consider the fidelity of cell phone audio, especially when someone is just in the background rather than directly talking into the phone, and then further degradation/compression when it is recorded.

Between all those things I don't place a lot of value either way on accent or no accent being heard.

This is joke interview btw. He tries to bring up and relate ISIS and HAMAS.

So the leader of Hamas decided to give an interview as a joke?

And as I have said there would be no civilian deaths if Hamas had better weapons.

That's a load of BS - Hamas has already proven otherwise. Laser guided anti-tank missile hits school bus

He says Hamas leadership didn't know about the details - But if Hamas didn't do it, he could still deny any involvement by Hamas members, he doesn't and goes on to even advocate it. If Hamas was such a wonderful group it wouldn't be so hard to condemn the killing of the Israeli teens...

Yes, Hamas was suspected, because it is exactly the type of thing they like to do, and they are the most likely suspects. And that suspicion was eventually shown to be true. Whether or not Hamas was suspected would have no impact on the # of people taken in for questioning.

How do they know it wasn't a random act of violence, or hatred against the three for some other reason.

Random acts of violence are really not so common here. I was open to the possibility that it could just be some Palestinian wanting to take some action against Israel, or even some Hamas members acting on their own (Which it appears to be the case now), but I'm very sure it wasn't just some random Israeli doing this. There really isn't much Israeli on Israeli violent crime here. Israeli's really cherish children even those that are not their own (Contrary to what many of you think). When the rocket fire escalates many people send their children north to try and get them out of harms way, while Hamas gives their children toy guns and teaches them to kill the Jews.

BiBi was looking for a reason to go into Gaza.

The only reason needed was the dramatically increased # of rockets from Gaza...

Zero evidence yet they blame Hamas, arrest them and do it knowing it would provoke retaliation.

How does arresting people in the West Bank provoke retaliation from Gaza? Why weren't there rockets being launched from the West Bank then? Maybe because it is not run by terrorists...

ANd no the interview was a joke because language was used as a barrier rather than have an interpreter on set, and the fact that A. he never said Hamas kidnapped those kids, and B. the idiot interviewer tried to link Hamas with ISIS. You know what I meant.

When you start patronizing it;s time to stop talking.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Atzil321

Does that sound like he is supporting one side or another? I think it is very unfair of these people to put so much pressure on him. He was just commenting on the futility of war in general, and in particular the plight of innocent kids caught up in the violence.

Right on

We expect so little from political leaders and then expect celebrities and sport stars to do the rest.

Footballers and celebs are okay for challenging racism, bullying and homophobia in societies and they make a difference. Can they stop nations from bombing each other or should that be a job for the diplomats and politicians?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join