It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ottawa kansas, Police Shoot Unarmed Teen 16 Times While Family Begs Them Not To

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: xuenchen
Alarming.

I wonder why there's nothing on the news ?

Where's Jesse Jackson?

So people only protest when Jesse Jackson is there?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The police chief nailed it, they acted as trained. Just shoot the person.

sad, I still don't understand why they have to shoot to kill

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Alarming.

Where's Jesse Jackson?

No, Jesse Jackson only comes where there are money and headlines to be made with racebaiting. No opportunity to racebait, no Jesse.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Alarming.

Where's Jesse Jackson?

No, Jesse Jackson only comes where there are money and headlines to be made with racebaiting. No opportunity to racebait, no Jesse.

So let me get this right — when a white kid dies in an encounter with the cops, your first thought is to make a comment about Jesse Jackson? Who is the bigger racebaiter?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Alarming.

Where's Jesse Jackson?

So let me get this right — when a white kid dies in an encounter with the cops, your first thought is to make a comment about Jesse Jackson? Who is the bigger racebaiter?

IMO,

Jesse Jackson.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Why do people have to come into a thread and make it about something else. If you got your opinions about Ferguson, keep it in one of the many threads about that topic. If you do not like Jesse Jackson. Go make a thread about not liking Jesse Jackson. You have a right to believe what you want. Both sides on any subject are usually valid. But jumping into every single thread and making it about your political ideology is getting pretty pathetic on both sides. We get it already. But your just gonna carry on anyways.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Alarming.

Where's Jesse Jackson?

The one whose making money off of it

Seems pretty clear to me

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Alarming.

Where's Jesse Jackson?

The Reverend Jesse Jackson is the correct title lmbo no he is too busy leaching the open veins of St louis..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The World is insane, so what makes you think that cops would be any different?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Are you being sarcastic? Any one shot by police with 16 bullets in them is tragic, regardless of race. I mentioned the above attending this young man's funeral only because I have never seen them do so in the past when other citizens had been shot by a policeman. I have to wonder if the Brown case hadn't been on every news channel and outlet if any of them would have shown up at Michael Brown"s funeral.

There should be no need for me to have shame for wondering so.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Sounds like a typical windup of an episode of "Cops." The cops did as they were trained to do, and they all went home safe to their families.

Within those typical words often said, are clues to how the police view their jobs, "Do as you are trained without thinking (or caring) and above all, save your own ass."

Everytime you hear or see the words, "Police thought that he was armed (and the person wasn't), that is clear evidence that the police over reacted. Why is it that police can get by with these sort of murders and the common man gets nearly hung if he acts in a similar fashion?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Ottawa Police Chief, Dennis Butler, said the officers did what they were trained to do.”They reacted based upon the training that they’ve been given from the academy,” Butler said. “We were thankful that no officer was injured from protecting themselves from risk of great bodily harm.”
OP source
There you have it. It's the standard now. It has really come to this. You can no longer contact the authorities when you need help in a dire situation with a loved one acting out.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Here's my question: Why wasn't he held for 72 hours in a psych unit if the two copzi's responded to his attempted suicide by overdose the day before?

These stories are becoming all too common. LEOs are LITERALLY getting away with murder on a regular basis...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This was a mental patient that was just seen in a psychiatric hospital less than 24 hours before!!! And the cops that took him to hosp. shoot him the next day?? Are you sure this is not some news report from "The Onion" or some other fake news site cause these things do not add up!!

A person who attempts an overdose is taken to a Medical hospital NOT a psych hospital......from there they are transferred to a psych unit.. but not until patient is medically stable....the unit or the psych hospital is obligated by law to keep him for at least 24 hours if not longer involuntarily because attempted suicide is illegal....and no doctor who wants to keep their license is going to sign a patient out in less than 24 hrs. voluntarily......and rest assured this kid was in a locked down facility......

I think this is completely fabricated to gain momentum for the Michael Brown case....No officer is going to unload 16 bullets into a person....and no family member is going to sit idly by and watch that happen......

I need to do some research into this..

Pax

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: Indigent

The crazy thing is that it was allegedly the same officers that took him to the hospital for attempted suicide the day before. So they knew he may try to get them to suicide him. Cops today are a solid mix of scumbags and cowards.

Hmmmm.
Just a thought, but maybe he made the decision to commit suicide by cop.
Yes, he did.
Why is anyone, including the police officers involved, responsible for his decision? If he made the wrong decision, that is his problem(was).

If you already know he is suicidal then you should have the utmost restraint. You are not there to help him on his way.

Show restraint if he presents a danger to you?
He caused the situation.
If you want to blame someone other than him, blame someone that is responsible for him being outside of the walls of a mental health facility. He should have been locked up the day before and not released.

I am not a fan of cops. But this person brought about his own demise.

just curious...since when does suicidal mean wanting to kill and or hurt others ?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

here in aus if you are taken in for a mental health assessment and the doctor in charge deems you no threat to yourself they let you go...and that usually takes a few hours.i am not sure how things are done in that neck of the woods ,but here the doc has the last say not the police...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Okay, here is the real story:

Ottawa, KS (CNN) — Authorities say an 18-year-old man was shot and killed by police officers and sheriff’s deputies Saturday evening outside an Ottawa hardware store.

Ottawa police were called about 7:50 p.m. Saturday to Orscheln Farm and Home at 2008 S. Princeton St. on a report of a person reportedly armed with a gun.

Deputies with the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office also responded to the call.

When officers arrived, they made contact with the person, later identified as Joseph Jennings, in the parking lot.

During the encounter, officers with the Ottawa Police Department and Franklin County Sheriff’s Office were involved in a shooting.

Jennings was treated at the scene for gunshot wounds and transported to an Ottawa hospital where he later died.

“Why did it take them shooting him 16 times at least for them to bring him down and go and take care of what they needed to take care of,” Jennings’ aunt, Brandy Smith, said.

Ottawa Police Chief Dennis Butler said officers did what they were trained to do.

“They reacted based upon the training that they’ve been given from the academy,” Butler said. “We were thankful that no officer was injured from protecting themselves from risk of great bodily harm.”

Family members said Jennings had big dreams. He was starting school Monday for underwater welding. He also loved to ride his motorcycle.

“He was a really good boy,” Smith said.

But his life wasn’t perfect.

“He was suffering from depression, seizures and anxiety,” Smith said.

Smith said his seizures were getting worse in the last month, and with no relief in sight, he had begun feeling suicidal.

Two days before he was shot and killed, Jennings expressed his anguish on Facebook.

“Tonight is the night goodbye everyone!!!!! It was truly a good ride! And I’m sorry for who I might of hurted (sic) and people that I may of offended, But I love all my family and I hope you don’t hold this against me,” Jennings wrote.

Ten minutes later, according to family members, Jennings swallowed 60 pills trying to take his life.

“The two cops that was involved in the shooting was also there when they took him to Ransom Memorial Hospital for overdosing,” Smith said.

Jennings had survived the overdose, but only three hours after leaving the hospital, he walked to Orscheln Farm and Home.

Smith said he was there on a suicide mission. But when she saw what was happening she ran from her home to try to intervene.

“I told them it is Joseph Jennings. He is suicidal. He is upset, don’t shoot him,” she said.

Smith’s husband also tried to help.

“My husband was going to tackle him. He was within arms reach. They said to get back or they were going to shoot him,” Smith said.

Smith says her husband backed off and police attention turned back to Jennings.

“The cop yelled out, ‘bag him,’ and then three shots were fired with the bags. I just don’t know how many shots were fired. They shot him in the back of the leg and the back of the shoulder,” Smith said.

As a matter of policy, the police department requested assistance from the Kansas Bureau of Investigation. The KBI is now handling the investigation.

Officers involved in the shooting were placed on administrative leave while the KBI conducts the investigation, which is standard protocol.

fox17online.com

There is more to chew on here.....

Pax

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Right, here too....and the OP has not given us all the facts...jennings the kid took 60 pills in overdose apparently 3 days before this occurred.......If the hospital released him and there has to be a doctors signature doing so, then that Dr. is liable.....or can be....I printed the story from a different source to give more facts...

Pax

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
It is often associated, as in murder/suicide.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
The World is insane, so what makes you think that cops would be any different?

Because they're paid and trained to be so. Well at least what we're told, most will have better luck on their own over calling in the police.

We won't see much from this story after a week at best. They'll let it die out and do a bunch of goodwill stories so people forget about what they have done. I'm not sure what is worse the fact they do this or the fact that it seems to work.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join