It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ottawa kansas, Police Shoot Unarmed Teen 16 Times While Family Begs Them Not To

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Dude.. get real. Two cops with their guns drawn. They didn't feel threatened and they shot him SIXTEEN TIMES.

I mean one taze or pepper spray or tackle while the other cop covered would have sufficed.

Even if they felt the need to shoot.. once, twice, no enough to end the threat. 16 shots.. i mean that's unloading on a kid for a bit in front of his family.
edit on 26-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Second, he never drew a weapon. So how was he a threat?

I wasn't there, so I don't know.
Yes, 16 shots is excessive. I blame the people that train LEO's for this. They train them to shoot until the person is down, which I don't agree with. Same thing for dogs, they tell them to shoot the dog if they think it may bite them. Well any dog can bite you, for Criminy's sakes! That gives them a free ticket to shoot any dog that is not on a leash and some that are on leashes... which is wrong.
But the kid should have been locked up over the incident the day before.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The seizures the kid was getting is a sign of something wrong. The depression is also a symptom. Was this kid getting medications that were actually making his condition worse? We do not know all the facts yet. I have to say that I can't judge this till I see both sides of the story, it seems like there is emphasis on only one side in the video.

Meanwhile, I think the cops did not have to shoot this kid. I don't know what is going on in the minds of the people of this country, Many people's perception seems to have been compromised. Even the perception of some of the cops have been compromised.

I think we have been misled by the chemical companies again, something is being put in our foods that calms us but is messing with our comprehension. It could be a combination of things also, the companies are not required to test for cross reactions. Soon many people will be on medications for psychological issues, look at Obamacare, it makes psycological treatment coverable. They know something is happening yet won't fix the problem.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
A link

Suicide by cop, why should there be riots and Jesse Jackson over this?

IMHO punching a police officer then charging at him is suicide by cop as well.....

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I agree that he shouldn't have been out so quick. I thought it was at least 3 days for a suicide attempt, but guess it's different there.

Either way, you can't blame anyone, but the officers. I doubt they were trained to do what they did.

Also, cats do suck. I usually judge girls I date by their love of dogs over cats. Never had a relationship with a cat lover work out (to those less observant it's above his avatar).

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Ottawa Police Chief Dennis Butler said officers did what they were trained to do.

"They reacted based upon the training that they've been given from the academy," Butler said. "We were thankful that no officer was injured from protecting themselves from risk of great bodily harm."
"My husband was going to tackle him. He was within arms reach. They said to get back or they were going to shoot him," Smith said.

Smith says her husband backed off and police attention turned back to Jennings.

www.kctv5.com...

Sounds like the cops decided to just kill him.

This is the problem. The police chief is correct. This is what they are trained to do. Shoot first and say " I felt my life was in danger ".
Years ago cops couldn't Get away with this. If I was that child's parent or guardian I would gladly go to prison or die to dispense justice here. I've really had it. It's out of control. Every time this happens and the offending officers backed it emboldens many more to do the same thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Sounds like suicide by cop..haveing said that wtf 16 shots, todays cop is not a mental health worker though, maybee they should all recieve conflict resolution technics as opposed to conflict escalation..general statement as there is not much info on this. Why was the kid not in the hospital?
Terrible story, I feel for the family and even the cops to a small degree..bad training? are they trained to empty their weapons?..just bad.
edit on 26-8-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

A link

IMHO punching a police officer then charging at him is suicide by cop as well.....

Oh you are talking about Mike Stretch Armstrong Brown. Who allegedly punched a cop then ran away and was shot at a distance.

Here's what actually happened there. The cop was dumb and pulled his car next to someone he was harrassing with his windown down they had a minor altercation. The cop tried to unholster his gun in the car and fired off a round (explaining no GSR on brown). The shot scared Brown into running he turned around at a distance after the cop got out and ordered him to stop and then shot him. The cop made up the story about the struggle for the gun (i don't see the giant that was Mike Brown getting in the cops window across the officer for the gun) so it wouldn't be embarrassing and help to justify the murder.
I'll give you that Brown was a dumbass and petty thief, but Wilson is a murderer, but you are taking us off topic.

Every day a kid good or bad is being gunned down by the cops.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

A link

Oh you are talking about Mike Stretch Armstrong Brown. Who allegedly punched a cop then ran away and was shot at a distance.

Here's what actually happened there. The cop was dumb and pulled his car next to someone he was harrassing with his windown down they had a minor altercation. The cop tried to unholster his gun in the car and fired off a round (explaining no GSR on brown). The shot scared Brown into running he turned around at a distance after the cop got out and ordered him to stop and then shot him. The cop made up the story about the struggle for the gun (i don't see the giant that was Mike Brown getting in the cops window across the officer for the gun) so it wouldn't be embarrassing and help to justify the murder.
I'll give you that Brown was a dumbass and petty thief, but Wilson is a murderer, but you are taking us off topic.

That's a cute narrative except it contains no facts.

When you want to be intellectually honest and work w some then I humor you in a debate. But until then you're operating on nothing emotion and speculation.

Which is not objective

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

A link

When you want to be intellectually honest and work w some then I humor you in a debate. But until then you're operating on nothing emotion and speculation.

Which is not objective

No emotion involved at all. It's just a lot more likely than any story we have heard so far. You really believe they go in a struggle over the gun and it went off, and then Brown transported a few yards away.

Even if my narrative is completely wrong Brown was unarmed, and Wilson had a car, the option of back up, and a gun. So even if I wrote it as a sci fi story it was still an unjustifiable murder.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

A link

Which is not objective

No emotion involved at all. It's just a lot more likely than any story we have heard so far. You really believe they go in a struggle over the gun and it went off, and then Brown transported a few yards away.

Even if my narrative is completely wrong Brown was unarmed, and Wilson had a car, the option of back up, and a gun. So even if I wrote it as a sci fi story it was still an unjustifiable murder.

First off this thread isn't about that case. My response was replying to someone else....and yes I believe charging an officer is suicide....

What happen to this kid is a tragedy and they should have handled it differently. They knew the kid was ill....

And yes your whole story above had no facts. Just a story you made up. One can make up all sorts of stories that makes sense to themselves. It doesn't make it true

And unless I'm wrong you aren't privy to any other evidence that hasn't been made available.

Take the debate on what you THINK happend to brown to another thread this one is about a kid who committed suicide by cop

And yes my comment stands. Any time you try and carry out a violent act on a cop it's suicide

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I'm so tired of this.

Do LEO not realize that people will stop calling the police? If no one calls the LEO then they will have no jobs.

People need to learn how to have a discussion where they don't agree without getting violent. Anger doesn't have to get negative. A person is entitled to their feelings, they are not entitled to hurt others.

Maybe we need community mediators. Just get ride of LEO all together.

They will still have jobs. Cue Obama's Civilian Military

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Also, cats do suck. I usually judge girls I doubt by their love of dogs over cats. Never had a relationship with a cat lover work out (to those less observant it's above his avatar).

It takes a strong, independent, confident person to love a cat, they clearly have no need of you and are not going to be obedient, or dependent. Dog persons need command and rule and returned affection. Since I love both I can say this!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Also, cats do suck. I usually judge girls I doubt by their love of dogs over cats. Never had a relationship with a cat lover work out (to those less observant it's above his avatar).

It takes a strong, independent, confident person to love a cat, they clearly have no need of you and are not going to be obedient, or dependent. Dog persons need command and rule and returned affection. Since I love both I can say this!

There we have something to talk about now.
If this kid had owned a cat, he would have been more confident and strong, and wouldn't have been suicidal.

A case where a cat may have made a person's life better.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Since cops seem to shoot many dogs and are confident about their use of force in general, they must all own cats.

What's that slang name for a cat ? Something that starts with the letter P.

Logic is cool, isn't it.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Not to start an argument on something dumb, but it doesn't take a strong or independent, and confident? Where does that fit in? Maybe you meant brave, like, "I don't know if i'm brave enough to bring a worthless, sociopathic diseased boxshi**ter in my house" That list of the requirements for a person to own a cat, pretty much the opposite of reality.

Basically a cat is a sociopath. It doesn't care about you. Why would you want an animal like that. It destroys things out of spite. You have to have a box of sh*t in your house. Plus they carry a parasite that affects cat owners brains.

Dogs are intelligent and loyal and so much better. Dog lovers only.

Sorry OP, this is about as off topic as I could take it.

But we could talk about how cops shoot a few kids every day and man's best friend every 1.5 hours.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Alarming.

I wonder why there's nothing on the news ?

because it's now common...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Char-Lee

There we have something to talk about now.
If this kid had owned a cat, he would have been more confident and strong, and wouldn't have been suicidal.

A case where a cat may have made a person's life better.

You know.. screw a cat, but if the kid had a dog, he'd have a real companion. Dogs are commonly therapeutic for the depressed.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Since cops seem to shoot many dogs and are confident about their use of force in general, they must all own cats.

What's that slang name for a cat ? Something that starts with the letter P.

Logic is cool, isn't it.

Have you seen the trailer for puppycide? It's a documentary still being funded on kickstarter that everyone should try to help make happen. It's about the epidemic of cops killing dogs.

Like I can understand a cop fearing a big dog, or one of the dangerous breeds, especially if they're alone. But if you watch the trailer, one of the first dogs it shows killed is a medium/ small dog that one of the cops let out of the car and it runs around in excitement towards an officer and he blasts it point blank with a shotgun.This is a smaller dog with like 5 cops around. I understand the excuse of fear for their lives, but what are the odds that that dog ,even if i were vicious could cause more than a bit on the leg before one of the cops if not the attacked cop stopped it? When there are several officers I just don't think the "fear for my safety really applies. Also videos of dogs that cops have roped around the neck on a pole that they execute - why not take it to the shelter?

Sorry again OP. It just happened.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think we all can understand why they shot him but most of us can't understand the need to shoot someone 16 times. As a cop you have to take care of yourself first because you just don't know what that other person is going to do. This has to fall in lines of when someone is defending themselves in a fight you have that right to defend but once you are deemed safe and out of harms way you stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join