It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK-Moment a giant spider crawls from tunnel as man pokes it with a stick....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I think we should all answer the poll question at the bottom with YES to further spread fear!

"Have you ever come across a tube web spider in the UK?"

hehehe

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Now I know what to get Kangaroo4ewe for a gag Christmas gift!!! Matter of fact I'll take 2 in black one for the tree one in the gift box

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207
Lol, I'm sorry for being such a nit-picking prick at times...can't help myself.
I'm well pleased it's on Jersey and not Britain though, I was working and crawling under an old wooden floor the other day and said to my mate how glad I was that we're in Britain and not Australia with killer spiders and snakes scampering around...that thing is a bit horrible looking, and it can stay on Jersey as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyTrick
I think we should all answer the poll question at the bottom with YES to further spread fear!

"Have you ever come across a tube web spider in the UK?"

hehehe

I'll be honest, I thought it was a bestiality poll.

link   

originally posted by: LadyTrick
my curiousity over powered my fear of spiders....as soon as it appeared I regretted it and stopped the vid. thankyou.
p.s. i hate you

Ditto!

link   
Hehe...I need that as a new avatar.

I use to capture flies and hand feed tunnel spiders as a kid.

I do hate spiders when they step on me though.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Briles1207
Lol, I'm sorry for being such a nit-picking prick at times...can't help myself.
I'm well pleased it's on Jersey and not Britain though, I was working and crawling under an old wooden floor the other day and said to my mate how glad I was that we're in Britain and not Australia with killer spiders and snakes scampering around...that thing is a bit horrible looking, and it can stay on Jersey as far as I'm concerned.

Hey no worries, The fact you corrected me on a site designed to educate is a positive thing.

However if you had corrected me in the pub, I may have slapped you with a soggy beer mat.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Sort of cute in a creepy way but I wouldn't want to get bitten by that!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207
However if you had corrected me in the pub, I may have slapped you with a soggy beer mat.

Haha, wouldn't be the first time

...hope those bad boy spiders don't make it to Britain though, I'm quite lazy and don't hoover under the sofa that often so the average house spider can fill his boots in my house, wouldn't want one of them things living under my arse!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite
That wasn't a giant spider. It was a decent sized spider.

It's more than giant in my neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thank God for sticks, what would we be doing without the ability to poke with a stick? Haha, I wouldn't want to touch that thing with my bare hands. Never. :3
edit on 26-8-2014 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Here is a DM story about some tube web spiders found in Devon!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The article does say that the tube web is only the second largest in the UK and to be honest the picture of one on a brick (in the article) makes it look alot smaller than that which is featured in the video. I quite honestly think that Iv'e seen house and garden spiders bigger than this though I'll admit that these do look quite ferocious!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg
Ah, cheers for that...next attic or underfloor crawl space I'm working in I'll feel less comfortable now than I ever did before!
I was happy imagining that they're just on Jersey, guess they made it here as well, horrible looking things.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

next time your in a crawl space or attic don't forget to bring a stick

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!

I'll take lizards over insects any day.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
Big Maglight, everytime...although didn't help back along when a nest of a million (ok, lots) baby spiders fell on my head, all I could say was 'sorry, sorry, sorry' as I rubbed my hair knowing I was killing them as I got them off me.
...I ain't poking any tube webs, ever [shudders]

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Meh.. its average sized .. in some places spiders are a delicacy .. roasted with chilli sauce rather good ..
Think time for a snack .. suddenly getting hungry ..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Spiders aren't insects!!
I can't handle spiders, not even the smallest, the countless legs, countless eyes and mighty fangs... but I have huge curiosity for them, a mate of mine has a chillean rose tarantula and she is a stunner

About the video, I'll pass, I don't want to become paranoid even though I don't think Lisbon is home to any potentially lethal or big sized spider, the small ones are enough..

Cheers

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207

originally posted by: Thefarmer
Don't think my missies would of been to pleased if I called her to kill that bad boy

She's the designated spider assassin I turn into a big girl with ones the size of that mofos fangs let alone the size of him jeeze

Same in my house. anything that's too big to get up the hoover is her territory.

I have recently purchased a kitten as the winter is drawing in, they are the best Spider assassins.

Haha yeh my cat loves playing with um, but he's more inclined to catching birds and leaving um on the doorstep for us

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join