It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas National Guard: Reverses Concealed Carry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

August 20th ... the TNG Staff Judge Advocate’s office had briefed guardsmen they would not be allowed to carry personal weapons while off duty during the deployment, even if they had a concealed carry license or were a certified peace officer in their civilian professional duties.

General Nichols said, “Actually, that was a federal policy we were looking at. We have applied the state laws so they can.”

“The main thing is,” Nichols explained, “I don’t want personal firearms on duty. We have duty weapons for that and duty weapons training.”

“It is the right of Texas citizens, if they're allowed to,” he concluded, “...carry firearms when they are not on duty.”

Texas National Guard Reverses Position

-
OPINION: That Washington "federal Policy" is ... "Pure Crap"

( i.e. another 'Hooray!' for Texas )

edit on 26-8-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Gotta keep the true patriots unarmed, so if # hits the fan, they aren't worrying which side their troops are on when they give the order to shoot the civilians, didn't cha know?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thats why they call it concealed carry, concealed, so no one can see it, like in secret. So no one should know you have it. No one should ever find out you have it on you until you have to use it and that means your life was on the line anyways...trial by twelve or carried by six?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Or it can do with the number of TNG stationed at the border. I am sure some of those guys are just looking for an excuse to get some pay back....

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I say the border wall needs to be as big as the one in Pacific Rim. With sensors on the top and bottom. The wall also has to go down some good 50 feet bellow the ground. Automatic Gun turret emplacements that fire on any motion in proximity to the border. (We have the technology). Seismic sensors to know if someone decides to blow through it. Border patrol would now only be accountable to Gun maintenance and resupply, as well as immediate response to border alarms. As for concealed weapons, i say 1 on person and an arsenal on the property....concealed, offcourse.

new topics

top topics

join