It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broad daylight UFO sighting, Kenai AK, 8/25/2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
No pictures, no big deal, not trying to waste anyones time, just documenting here while the events are fresh in my mind. Plus, I've decided to share all of my strange sightings with ATS.

So here we go, buckle up, because it's going to be a mediocre ride.

5:45ish pm, I'm leaving work, I begin driving towards the gas station directly across the street for $5 in gas (I know, high roller, right?) on my way through the intersection something catches my eye, I think nothing of it, I think it's something new that has been mounted on a telephone pole.

I pump my feeble amount of gas and proceed to leave the area. I spot the object again! The object of which I can only describe as 3 cylinder type shapes attached to form some sort of tripod, black in color, and about the size of a trash can.

Dumbfounded, no longer on my original intended route, I decide to drive towards this thing, I'm trying to keep my eye on it while avoiding an accident simultaneously. People are looking at me funny. (note: broad daylight, rush hour, tons of peeps on the road).

Somewhere during the left hand turn and with the aid of view obstructing spruce trees, my object vanishes............

I drove to the immediate area (as the object seemed very close) expecting to see something logical! A person at ground level operating a drone, or an extravagant balloon, or an odd kite, something!

Nothing........

While I was observing, this object was clear as day and solid. It was unlike any familiar object that I know of. It displayed anti gravity qualities. As in, the wind did not seem to affect it at all, and it moved in an eerily smooth manner. (just the way they all seem to, just like my last one)

Why did it vanish? Why do I see these things?

Another strange sighting for ATS member GoShredAK it seems

Thanks for reading
edit on 25-8-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Drone?

That's my first thought. But there's been sightings of tiny ufos for years so I'm not certain. S + F

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The object of which I can only describe as 3 cylinder type shapes attached to form some sort of tripod, black in color, and about the size of a trash can.

I think it's something new that has been mounted on a telephone pole.

Some form of cell equipment ?

edit on 8/25/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Mine as well. That is the most logical thing I could think of. Like maybe on of those drone helicopters with four different rotars.

Except this thing seemed a bit to bulky to be one of those. Also it seemed to vanish completely, and I drove right next to the park that it seemed to be hovering above and I couldn't spot anybody who could have been operating such a thing.

It's weird.

My highly speculative side is saying interdimensional UFO that I briefly witnessed due to my third eye awareness.

My logical side is saying it was probably a balloon you crazy person. (that side is losing)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Never know, it could have been something. Either there's or ours. I don't know how drones perform in the wind but if you said it's bulky it might've had enough weight to not be knocked around so much in the wind. And how fast could drones fly? Specifically one that big? Fast enough to zoom away in the time frame?

Interesting nevertheless especially since you wrote you've seen UFOs before. That's a big indicator that you can perceive them more than the average person or they're more willing to appear to you. So it makes me think it could have been something not produced by our civilization.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Very good size comparison, and decent shape comparison.

Only this baby was very clearly, no room for question, floating well above the telephone poles, well above the treetops, and clearly on its own.

I was about to add some more details about how while I was observing it (sitting at the red light) it seemed to move upward a bit and than back down, and back and forth a couple of times. All with that eerie anti gravity style.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Then the drone explanation might fit. Apparent size is very dependent on distance.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

and I drove right next to the park that it seemed to be hovering above

Surely it was someone in this park with a r.c. toy or a quadcopter or similar?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Interesting nevertheless especially since you wrote you've seen UFOs before. That's a big indicator that you can perceive them more than the average person or they're more willing to appear to you. So it makes me think it could have been something not produced by our civilization

Well this certainly caught my attention. It leads perfectly to my next question which, among a few others have been on my mind ever since.

About three years ago emerged from my own mini hell and began a journey of health and wellness, awareness, and spirituality. Coincidentally I also started to see, feel, and experience things. Basically UFOs, Synchronicty, and physical manifestation through subliminal thought as well as positive intention.

I wonder are my numerous sightings and experiences symptomatic of a healing pineal gland? Or at least spiritual awareness in general?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I just can't quite accept that because this thing seemed about five times the size of those store bought quadrocopters.

Nobody in this small town should own an ultra expensive drone.

I drove directly there, and there was nobody, or they were hiding.

It disappeared so quickly.

Honestly at the moment, the thought of a lone person operating a large drone in the park is harder for me to believe than something of an interdimensional nature.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

They could have been using an uber expensive camera drone for "Buying Alaska" on TLC of one of those tv channels. I know they are up here all the time with production gear.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It really did look like an ultra expensive hovering camera to me. Except it moved oddly, vanished, and there was nobody in the area that I could see, let alone an entire crew.

I've been considering the possibility that maybe the object only seemed near, when in actuality it was very far away? Just my perspective had it looking small.
edit on 26-8-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I love the way you presented your experience, it put a smile on my face.

One thing I note about your experience was you didn't see just a wiggly star in the night sky, but something close enough to have its shape considered in daylight. And that it intrigued you enough that you desired to pursue it to learn more even in rush hour madness.

Drone? Maybe. Aliens? Maybe.

I like to read about a lot of these sightings on various websites where they catalog all sorts of things. The diversity of types of craft seen, and sometimes the variety of occupants witnessed always surprises me. It's like when you look at the fleets of vehicles we have there are all sorts of models and features to suit all genres of tastes and income levels. I can't help but think that the galaxy full of aliens must have some form of competitive capitalism with so many new floor models coming out every year. Or maybe its like star trek, and some species have different shaped ships and stuff? Anyways, I like that what you saw was atypical from the classic flying saucer shape.

More questions then answers, but I believe your story. Thanks for sharing it!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Cool sighting GoShred. I was wondering if at all possible to draw a simple picture of the craft and upload it. If not, that's okay, just wanted to get a better visual.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Thanks Spleenika!

Hey Rez!

I'm at work so cant do much at the moment, I will try and upload a picture that resembles what I saw, but it may take me a bit. I'm not very knowledgeable in that area, So far I only know how to add links.

Thanks for stopping in, I've been eyeballing that general area every chance I get today. (I work literally a block from where this seemed to take place) Nothing strange today except an extremely vibrant sun dog, which was cool.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I was wondering why UFOs seem to show themselves to certain people and found someone had started a thread on the subject

www.abovetopsecret.com...
There I inquired,

Regarding UFOs, I'm starting to wonder if a lot of these sightings are a result of quantum physics, something to do with the whole observer effect. Seeing UFOs and maybe even paranormal entities is just a state of mind that some people are more susceptible to?

That might explain why These sightings happen in broad daylight and yet there is still technically no proof.
edit on 30-8-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
That might explain why These sightings happen in broad daylight and yet there is still technically no proof.

A lot of people like myself who have had an interest in UFOs for a long time have come to a kind of "conclusion" that all other things being equal, and the UFO not being simply a misidentified "something," there is a possibility that real UFOs have something to do with the way people perceive reality, and our inherently limited intelligence as human animals.

UFOs represent a glimpse of a greater, bigger reality than we are able to perceive most of the time. Something temporarily interacting with our reality in such a way that we can see it for a moment, even photograph it, see it on radar, or even "talk" to it. Then it goes back to wherever it came from. But it's not exactly "real" in the way we usually define it. Half-real.

Unfortunately, this means that we will probably never understand it or how it interacts with us. We don't have the brainpower to make sense of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Drone?

That's my first thought. But there's been sightings of tiny ufos for years so I'm not certain. S + F

Thanks for stopping by again yeahkeepwatchingme

I've grown to appreciate your contributions here on ATS, you have thrown down some gold nuggets for sure.
edit on 17-10-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
Cool sighting GoShred. I was wondering if at all possible to draw a simple picture of the craft and upload it. If not, that's okay, just wanted to get a better visual.

Thank you too rezlooper!

I've just been going over my past threads and realized I haven't responded to quite a few people.

I have recently stopped caring about Ufos and I feel like I'll never see another one again. I'm starting to believe if you adopt a UFO prone mindstate, then you're more likely to see them. Strangely the mind seems to work this way.

edit on 17-10-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

edit on 17-10-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
A coworker mentioned that there will be drone production and research taking place right here in our little town.

So far I've found this,

www.ktva.com...

ANCHORAGE – Funding cuts to the University of Alaska system threatened the state’s unmanned aircraft development program, but a Senate subcommittee restored the nearly $1.9 million needed for fiscal year 2016.

There are still a number of steps in the legislative process before the funding is confirmed, but staff and engineers with the Alaska Center for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration (ACUASI) are relieved. “There’s so much potential and there is so much energy,” said Ro Bailey, ACUASI associate director, adding that the industry is being held back by a lack of federal rules that allow for commercial operations. ”The FAA doesn’t have a simple problem at all, I don’t fault them for wanting to get it right.”

The University of Alaska controls one of six test sites across the country authorized by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to help establish safe practices. ACUASI is already partnering with the industry to apply unmanned aircraft technology — like checking for leaks along the Trans-Alaska Pipeline. The Center’s Ptarmigan aircraft is getting ready for sea otter monitoring, sea ice mapping in Barrow and high-resolution mapping of North Slope fauna.

“I love the cutting-edge research and development,” said Sam Vanderwaal, a UAF graduate and an engineer with Northern Embedded Solutions working with ACUASI. “I think UAV’s have a lot of potential applications that are very exciting that can make our lives better and that can make our world a more efficient and interesting, exciting place.”

Mike Hatfield, the associate director for science and education with ACUASI is overseeing the work of UAF students who are developing ways to make unmanned aircraft work for industry applications. “Basically, anything you want to mount on it, anything from a GoPro to delicate scientific equipment,” said Hatfield. “Battery cases, the enclosures to keep the electronics and flight control system protected from the weather.” Bailey says one day, residents could be getting their mail delivered by an unmanned aircraft.

“Maybe instead of a mailbox on a post, you are going to have a tiny landing zone for a helicopter,” Bailey said. “Might happen taking medicine out to St. Lawrence Island.”

radiokenai.net...

Now, this limited bit of info I have found so far only seems to advertise the well known quadrocopter style drones we're used too.....

NOT the smooth wingless egg shaped object we saw that day........

But I wonder if there was a connection still? Maybe there are some top secret projects with expiremental anti-gravity craft taking place right here.....

My personal opinion?

What I saw was some sort of extra terrestrial or interdimensional energy that manifested itself to my family and I as a result of the occultic/new age stuff we were spending energy on at the time.........

I still entertain the latter though, I entertain many ideas and there is not too much I've actually committed to.
edit on 15-4-2015 by GoShredAK because: Still working

new topics

top topics

join