It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BFFT's Chicken Capris (low carb)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Chicken capris is typically a ricotta based sauce. At a fraction of the carbs, I use cottage cheese and a food processor..

Sauce preperation:

- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 2 tbl chives
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 4 cloves minced garlic

Put ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.

Season 4 chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Sear off in a skillet (10 mins each side, give or take). In a baking dish, thinly cover the bottom with the sauce mix from above. Lay the chicken breast in the dish, then cover with the remaining sauce. Top it off with mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 until it gets brown and bubbly.

I served it with some spinach, with plenty of the cheese tomato sauce drizzled over it.
edit on 8/25/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Sounds really good. About how long does it stay in the oven?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Maybe 15-20 mins

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That sounds delicious,I like this Iranian sauce for sea foods and chicken...Chop some parsley,coriander,leeks,tarragon,a big tomato,garlic and shallots,put them in the processor and mix them well,then in a frying pan melt some butter and fry the mix slightly for 5 to 7 min,add curry powder,cinnamon,nutmeg,dried lemon powder,cummen,chilli pepper,turmeric,salt and pepper...In another bowl melt some tamarind in two or three cups of water and then add to the mixture,stir frequently and let it simmer for 45 min to an hour and you have yourself a delicious sauce that goes beautifully with fish or chicken dishes...You can even make a tasty fish stew using this sauce called Ghaliye mahi and serve it with Basmati rice and saffron.Iranians usually eat this with garlic yoghurt and chilly peppers.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

looks good. My Son is on a low carb diet (he is body building) and this might be something tastier for him... he will work out how many carbs are in it though before he eats. The cottage cheese should be ok.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Mmmm, I think I know what we are having for dinner!
Thanks!

Do you think some random heirloom tomatoes will be ok?
edit on 26-8-2014 by woodsmom because: Other tomatoes?

edit on 26-8-2014 by woodsmom because: Typo

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Day off and a total lack of inspiration as to what to make for supper. So I will try your recipe, with broccoli and Persian Bazmati rice that I make. Will let you know how it goes...

Mmm Num Num....

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

I think any tomato would work. Roma's have less liquid in them than other tomatoes, that is the only reason I use them. They are the ones sold here the most to accommodate the most frequnt use for tomato: pico de gallo and taco garnish.

THere are folks around here who eat taco meat (hamburger seasoned with garlic, onion, chli powder, and cumin), refried beans, and home made flour tortillas every day. To get their "vegetables' they make a small salad with iceburg lettuce and tomato, or just make pico de gallo.
edit on 8/31/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well...it was excellent !!

BFFT's Chicken Capris.

The oven shelf being a little low, I didn't get the broiled brown finish but the cheese was still yummy:

Along with Persian Bazmati rice, straight from the rice cooker:

And veggies on the BBQ...

Made for an exquisite Sunday night family supper...

Will do this again...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

wow....that looks sooooo good.

To help brown off the top, you can sprinkle some parm on it before sliding into the oven.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

This sounds super delicious and super easy. I'm always looking for new ways to cook chicken and this recipe is on the menu tonight! Yummy!!

top topics

join