It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor calls to imprison gays for ‘ten years hard labor’ with new constitutional amendment

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

TEA party people OUTSIDE of the political machine (BOTH sides ARE screwing with the original grassroots effort we ignore them) ARE libertarians. as I define them by my own.MONEY hijacked it .

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Drag unruly children into the public square and stone them for not minding their parents?

naw, the cops will take care of that.

i'm old school, i like the idea of sunday's off.

the guy is a nut.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

TEA party people OUTSIDE of the political machine (BOTH sides ARE screwing with the original grassroots effort we ignore them) ARE libertarians. as I define them by my own.MONEY hijacked it .

I don't find that necessarily true. I'm a Libertarian and I dislike the Tea Party. There are different levels of libertarians. I am a moderate. Some of my views include... Less government, legalize drugs and eliminate the need for our military style police force. Regulations on gun purchases and eliminated corporations who outsource. Keep all corporate bushiness inside of our own country. For instance, if anyone wants to go to McDonald's they should have to come to the USA. Just a few of my views. They aren't flawless, but it's a start.

Legalizing drugs might get us out of our trillions of dollars in debt, eliminate cartels, Al Qaeda and inner city gangs here in the USA. Crime would most definitely drop. Anyways, those are my views.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Tangerine

JUST as bad as the progressives with LESS interoperability with humanity.

I'm sorry, it could be that I'm a stupid idiot, but I don't think it is - what is wrong with being progressive?

Edit: I'm out of the loop on American political language.

That's what Marxists are calling themselves these days as "liberal" has gone out of favor as has "leftist."

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Sounds like typical conservative ideology to me.

Wanting to regulate morality, but conservatives want less government in peoples private lives.

Yeah, right.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Sounds like typical conservative ideology to me.

Wanting to regulate morality, but conservatives want less government in peoples private lives.

Yeah, right.

You make wanting to have less government in private lives a bad thing.

Why do you want more government in private lives?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

This guy wants to regulate sexuality. Imprison American citizens for whom they wish to have consensual sex with.

And your for this? And you don't think that it's more government intrusion into peoples private lives?

This guy represents the failure, the cognitive disconnect from reality that is all too prevalent in conservatism.

This idea is wrong and should be opposed. But conservatives will back it 100% because it's what they really believe.

This isn't equality, this isn't less regulation into peoples lives, it's more regulation, it's less equality, and you want this?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

This guy wants to regulate sexuality. Imprison American citizens for whom they wish to have consensual sex with.

And your for this? And you don't think that it's more government intrusion into peoples private lives?

This guy represents the failure, the cognitive disconnect from reality that is all too prevalent in conservatism.

This idea is wrong and should be opposed. But conservatives will back it 100% because it's what they really believe.

This isn't equality, this isn't less regulation into peoples lives, it's more regulation, it's less equality, and you want this?

Nonsense. You'd say that it was wrong and incorrect to extrapolate desires of people like Bill Ayers who wants to round up people and put them in camps to all liberals, wouldn't you? You'd say that he was just a nut that nobody would listen to. Same thing with this guy. Like Fred Phelps (a Democrat BTW) this guy is a marginalized and ignored loon to conservatives.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

this guy is a marginalized and ignored loon to conservatives.

I wish that were true, but this is mainstream conservatism today.

This isn't the fringe of the movement, its smack dead center at the heart of the conservative base.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Where did I say I agreed with him?

Where did I once say that?

Please stop posting lies.

I simply asked if you were for more government control into peoples private lives.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I'm not for regulating consensual sex between adults no.

But apparently you are because you appear to be defending this ideology.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I'm not for regulating consensual sex between adults no.

But apparently you are because you appear to be defending this ideology.

Lying again. Where did I once defend this stance?

And I didn't ask if you were for government regulating sex.

I asked if you were for more government control in people's private lives.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

a reply to: NavyDoc

this guy is a marginalized and ignored loon to conservatives.

I wish that were true, but this is mainstream conservatism today.

This isn't the fringe of the movement, its smack dead center at the heart of the conservative base.

I disagree. That is defined as your own propaganda. The "conservative movement" is all about less taxes, less spending, smaller government, and governance at the lowest and most local level--all of which is directly the opposite of what this nutjob presents. The leftist propagandists take people like this and hold them up as an example of conservatism when most of us, including myself, have never heard of him until he gets pointed out. He's a nutjob with a tiny following.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Who lets this nutcase preach to them? He appears to be raving mad in that video.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
What is very funny about all of these proposed laws and amendments, is that ultimately, it will either never get off of the ground, or what they fail to understand, is that it can be turned around and used against them. So lets say for arguments sake that amendment gets into congress.

Then it has to get the mandatory ¾ approval from the congress. Then it has to be ratified by ¾’s of the individual states. And if it makes it through all of that, then the real interesting things will happen and this pastor could end up in prison.

A law like that cries abuse and use beyond its original intention. So it states that America is a Judeo Christian nation. However, in legal terms, the question would then have to be asked what denomination would be legal and what would now no longer be a religious organization. Well the first groups to end up losing would be all those non-Christian. So who is going to tell all of the Jewish people, Muslims, Hindu’s and Buddhists that they have no rights now? And who is going to force the Native Americans to worship, do we now have a second trail of tears.

Can the country afford to lose a significant of the population, from all walks of life, from entertainers, to inventors, people in fashion, blue collar workers, and so on, then there would be a significant portion of the population that would leave in support of their families. Once that would happen, the country would then start to turn on itself. The various denominations would seek to enact laws to further define which would best represent the actual true Judeo Christian beliefs. And it would be chaotic.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

What does all that have to do with your original insinuation ?

Very confusing.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I honestly believe that many of us who call ourselves (libertarian, conservative etc) are confusing the more leftist of the membership here.

Since their ideology is practically in lock-step with each other, they assume that the opposite aspect must also be in lock-step with everyone else who calls themselves "conservative".

I would think that ideology could be separated by simply asking, "Do you want more government or less?"

"Do want more freedom or less?"

"Do you want more laws, or less?"

This "pastor" to my humble tiny mind looks and sounds more like a big government/more laws/less freedoms, control-freak than anything else.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I barely got through the intro on this video! The guy should have any tax exempt status given his ministry taken!
as far as an amendment to the constitution outlawing homosexual behavior?
ya sure that will happen anytime soon.
the rest of the video kind of made me a little irked?
I mean I am sorry but an claim that the US was a christian society was lost when they opted to bring in chinese buddhist (cheap labor!!) to build their railways!
And well to proclaim it as being one now is laughable at best!
you know what makes a christian nation?
citizens THAT ACT LIKE CHRISTIANS.
they don't fudge the numbers to avoid the taxes
they don't pay their employees so little money that they are still beggars at the end of the week
they don't select groups of people to blame all their problems on
they don't go gun ho for every flipping war the gov't decides they want because the other side is of another religion
they trust in God to protect them, provide for them, and take care of them
they convey that trust to others instead of spreading fear as a means to gain ground.
and they don't desire to imprison a small insignificant group of people because they think that god will bring destruction upon the nation because of their existance!

and that is what all this is about
preachers preaching the end of america and claiming that it is because of abortion and homosexuality and women who are not the submissive little sheeple to their husbands like all is supposed to be according to their holy book.

na we aren't destroying ourselves with our stupidity!
na god isn't mad because of all those innocent children that we've bombed into oblivion
na it isn't because we've destroyed our environment and then commenced to ship our industry once our people got sick of the pollutiont to other countries where there were no restrictions
nope ain't got anything to do with the fact that we don't appreciate our workers enough to reward them with a fair wage
it has nothing to do with anything else!
it's the homosexuality and the abortion and by god we need to get our women back in line!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I would ask what else the 'pastor' believes in, but I'm almost afraid to ask. Has anyone had the guts to look this guy's other videocasts up? He sounds as insane as David 'MackDaddy!!!!!' Manning.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I honestly believe that many of us who call ourselves (libertarian, conservative etc) are confusing the more leftist of the membership here.

Since their ideology is practically in lock-step with each other, they assume that the opposite aspect must also be in lock-step with everyone else who calls themselves "conservative".

I would think that ideology could be separated by simply asking, "Do you want more government or less?"

"Do want more freedom or less?"

"Do you want more laws, or less?"

This "pastor" to my humble tiny mind looks and sounds more like a big government/more laws/less freedoms, control-freak than anything else.

That's exactly what he is and that really puts him more in the same statist camp that most leftists find themselves in.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join