It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor calls to imprison gays for ‘ten years hard labor’ with new constitutional amendment

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

How in the world do I find myself pseudo-defending religion and the religious? Oh bitter irony!

Tangerine, let's attribute it to "I spoke out of turn" and move on, eh? I am not a moderator. I have no sense of the criteria used to implement the T&C on posts here. To me that seems a herculean effort equivalent to herding every feline that has ever lived across an icefloe in Hell.

You seem like a bright, aware and knowledgeable poster. "Our side" could use talented advocates, as the theists certainly do outnumber us.

Yes, there is a fine line between challenge and harassment, as there is between passionate defense of a position and intolerance.

As I said before, speak your mind and the rest will follow.

Best,

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Tangerine

How in the world do I find myself pseudo-defending religion and the religious? Oh bitter irony!

Tangerine, let's attribute it to "I spoke out of turn" and move on, eh? I am not a moderator. I have no sense of the criteria used to implement the T&C on posts here. To me that seems a herculean effort equivalent to herding every feline that has ever lived across an icefloe in Hell.

You seem like a bright, aware and knowledgeable poster. "Our side" could use talented advocates, as the theists certainly do outnumber us.

Yes, there is a fine line between challenge and harassment, as there is between passionate defense of a position and intolerance.

As I said before, speak your mind and the rest will follow.

Best,

A rapidly melting icefloe! LOL

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sounds like the pastor is homosexual and isn't coming clean. Why would anyone care what someone else does? I could see if they raped him or something. There is something here that is driving him to say these things. Was he abused as a child or what he too ugly to get a date?

Plant the seeds in your congregation and leave the rest of the world alone. Judgement is for your God not you.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

HE decoded to go fight for what HE believed in OUTSIDE himself. Nihilist.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

HE apparently decided that sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong or isn't wanted was what he should do.

So, what's the difference between that guy and this guy?

Seems pretty similar to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

It seems that there's a double standard in this forum. Religious people know full well that those who are not religious or of other religions don't appreciate proselytizing yet they do it. Is that not intolerant and harassing?

And it's good that you recognize that fact. As the membership and moderation slides further and further to the conservative Christian right side of the political and social spectrum, you won't be surprised by the responses you get.

Let's just say Denying Ignorance no longer applies especially when conventional memes are threatened by liberal or progressive thought. In fact Liberal and Progressive are now used as insults.

Soon you will be able to enjoy the label...."people like you"

Welcome

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

There was a time when black folks were not allowed to enter some establishments. Perhaps you think people should be allowed to prohibit them from getting cakes as well? Maybe people can refuse to marry asian couples, or withold medical treatment for christians.

or maybe we could just stick with freedom and liberty for all? i think i like that.

The issue I addressed was the First Amendment. I did not address Asians, black folks, cakes, medical treatment or Christians. I was addressing the right to free speech, expressive association and the right to religious liberty.

Any court, or Government entity, that attempts to stifle these rights, through coercion, will be met with violent force. It is a foreign and hostile takeover of very basic human rights.

A Christian owned and operated business will not be forced, or coerced, to deviate from their sacred beliefs. You will see a trend ... either give 100% or nothing at all

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Tangerine

It seems that there's a double standard in this forum. Religious people know full well that those who are not religious or of other religions don't appreciate proselytizing yet they do it. Is that not intolerant and harassing?

And it's good that you recognize that fact. As the membership and moderation slides further and further to the conservative Christian right side of the political and social spectrum, you won't be surprised by the responses you get.

Let's just say Denying Ignorance no longer applies especially when conventional memes are threatened by liberal or progressive thought. In fact Liberal and Progressive are now used as insults.

Soon you will be able to enjoy the label...."people like you"

Welcome

Thanks for the welcome.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

AH.I can see how you might have missed a little detail...if you were in a CAVE for the last 40years mayebe BUT heck you're not THAT old are you..Well theres no easy way to say it,we are at war with a violent ISLAMIC faction,they want to destroy YOUR CARWASH . and Lindh JOINED THEM against you deliberately.
But I can REALLY see how that fact escapes your entropic journey.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

See, that's the problem we have. We aren't at war with violent Islamic factions.

We are at war with ass holes who use a religion as an excuse.

If you take away the pseudo religion these pieces of crap use to excuse their behavior, you realize they are just ass holes, and nothing more.

No difference at all.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

See, that's the problem we have. We aren't at war with violent Islamic factions.

We are at war with ass holes who use a religion as an excuse.

If you take away the pseudo religion these pieces of crap use to excuse their behavior, you realize they are just ass holes, and nothing more.

No difference at all.

And we should make being an ass hole illegal right? hey, why not make it a human rights violation to be an ass hole, since there are people out there you are refusing to "get along" with? Why don't we make everything you like a right, and ban everything you don't like?

Would that make everything better?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Whatever, doing give me that hyperbole garbage.

What would make everything better is if people would stop killing and wanting to kill each other.

3 faiths, two of which were basically started by one guy, all wanting to wipe each other off the face of the earth.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think this guy should pick better parents next time round.
The ones who raised him this time forgot about the part where you should actually have your brain running before putting your mouth in gear.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

Whatever, doing give me that hyperbole garbage.

What would make everything better is if people would stop killing and wanting to kill each other.

3 faiths, two of which were basically started by one guy, all wanting to wipe each other off the face of the earth.

And people wonder why I'm an atheist.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I didn't care and neither do the vets care WHAT you call them. We just want to off them .

new topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join