It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor calls to imprison gays for ‘ten years hard labor’ with new constitutional amendment

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: NavyDoc

An acorn isn't a tree. It has the potential of becoming a tree. A fertilized egg isn't a person. It has the potential of becoming a person.

Human, human being, person, these all different words that you're throwing around like they mean the same thing. They don't.

I didn't say they were the sane thing. I didn't even mention zygotes or eggs at all.

I asked you a direct question. What makes a human and why? Stop deflecting and make a intellectual stance.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
So where is your vocal opposition to Jersmiah Wright? The terrorist Bill Ayers--or would you find it irritating to be held responsible for the rantings of a few nuts who call themselves liberals?

If you'd like to discuss them then make a thread about them. This is not a thread about them however.

Why is it that you simply won't address the issue but instead try and distract from it???

So what if there are some Liberals or Tea Party members or whatever doing something similar, does that somehow make it any less that this guy is doing it???

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

He IS just like some Christian conservatives. He is one. If Christian conservatives don't want nuts like that speaking for them, perhaps they should be more vocal in opposition to the nut's behavior.

I guess I read your mind then.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

What makes a human? Depends on who you ask.

To me, a human breathes air, consumes food, poops, is capable of speech and at least rudimentary cognitive thought, wears clothing, requires shelter, is a part of some sort of tribe or other civilization, and can have the capacity in theory of bipedal locomotion.

Now, before you be an ass about this, yes, there are humans that lack some of this list and yet they still are humans.

edit on 26-8-2014 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

So where is your vocal opposition to Jersmiah Wright? The terrorist Bill Ayers--or would you find it irritating to be held responsible for the rantings of a few nuts who call themselves liberals?

If you'd like to discuss them then make a thread about them. This is not a thread about them however.

Why is it that you simply won't address the issue but instead try and distract from it???

So what if there are some Liberals or Tea Party members or whatever doing something similar, does that somehow make it any less that this guy is doing it???

It is a false premise that he represents conservatives. It is a false premise to lambaste conservatives when all of us in this thread have clearly objected to him. It is hypocritical to complain about us not criticizing him when we do and you don't criticize equally insane people in your own party. That pretty doggone clear and straightforward.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Absolutely! Are you suggesting such a thing is beneath a liberal... puh...lease. No one agrees with this pastor.

Wow, that is probably one of the most naive and biased statements ever.

Liberal has nothing to do with it. Such tactics can be used by anyone regardless of their political alignment.

It's just naive to think that Nobody agrees with this guy. Want proof of it?? I can show you people right now from the political spectrum who agree with him. There are many others as well.

To actually think that nobody else thinks like this guy so it must be some Liberal faking it is beyond ignorant. Talk about sticking your head in the sand.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

What makes a human? Depends on who you ask.

To me, a human breathes air, consumes food, poops, is capable of speech and at least rudimentary cognitive thought, wears clothing, requires shelter, is a part of some sort of tribe or other civilization, and can have the capacity in theory of bipedal locomotion.

Now, before you be an ass about this, yes, there are humans that lack some of this list and yet they still are humans.

That makes no sense. If your definition has exceptions then it is not a definition. A one year old child does not fit those definitions. Is it not a human?

Think deeper.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I SO wish I had access to the IP addresses around here. I'm anything but naive.

edit on 26-8-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

It is a false premise that he represents conservatives. It is a false premise to lambaste conservatives when all of us in this thread have clearly objected to him. It is hypocritical to complain about us not criticizing him when we do and you don't criticize equally insane people in your own party. That pretty doggone clear and straightforward.

Dude, how many times do I have to say it?? Nobody said he's representing ALL Conservatives. I already said, that he represents a small section of Religious Conservatives in this country. You act like I'm holding you personally responsible or something. Are you really that protective of the Label you've chosen for yourself that anything remotely negative being said about the Right puts you into defense mode??

It more than just this one guy though too. It's not like he's the only one saying this kind of stuff. I'm also not saying that there aren't plenty of things to say about the Left too. Sure there is. But that isn't the topic of this thread so it doesn't matter. If you want to talk sh*t about the left, fine, make a new thread with that as the topic and maybe I'll join ya, but for now this is about this Pastor and people like him who just happen to be Religious Conservatives.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

An acorn isn't a tree. It has the potential of becoming a tree. A fertilized egg isn't a person. It has the potential of becoming a person.

Human, human being, person, these all different words that you're throwing around like they mean the same thing. They don't.

I didn't say they were the sane thing. I didn't even mention zygotes or eggs at all.

I asked you a direct question. What makes a human and why? Stop deflecting and make a intellectual stance.

This is what you said:

Define a person then. I don't believe in miracles and human development is a continuum. You don't get sprinkled with pixy dust at the end of the birth canal and suddenly are a human. What is your definition?

Nope, and I have asserted many times on this site: "There is no "life fairy" that sprinkles a fertilized egg with magic dust and suddenly there is a person."!

This isn't my first rodeo with you. I have no interest in trying to having a sincere conversation about my feeling of the value of life, freedom of choice and what constitutes humanity and personage, only to have you turn around and call me insane, angry, damaged or otherwise unqualified to opine, as you have done numerous times in the past.

You know my opinion. Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Ooohhhhhh....Whatcha gonna do with my IP address???? Ya gonna come get me?? So scary!!!!

Grow up man!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Who would I kill and why?

Most of the species, quite honestly. Pretty much 99.9% of the human population.

Don't worry, that leaves enough humans left to repopulate with enough genetic diversity.

Why?

Humans are scum, horrible evil, overpopulated scum.

We kill all species including our own. We deforrest this planet to dangerous levels. We pollute, ravage and rape the environment.

We've nuked our own planet multiple times.

We've killed species to extinction, we don't live with the environment.

Humans are the greatest danger to life on this planet that it will ever know.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Did you just rat yourself out? I don't recall accusing you personally.

link   

Look man. I'm not trying to piss you off or start some fight with you on ATS. But you can't possibly believe that Nobody else thinks like this guy and that anyone that does is actually just a Liberal who's pretending to be a conservative just to make them look bad.

link   

This is what you said:

Define a person then. I don't believe in miracles and human development is a continuum. You don't get sprinkled with pixy dust at the end of the birth canal and suddenly are a human. What is your definition?

Nope, and I have asserted many times on this site: "There is no "life fairy" that sprinkles a fertilized egg with magic dust and suddenly there is a person."!

This isn't my first rodeo with you. I have no interest in trying to having a sincere conversation about my feeling of the value of life, freedom of choice and what constitutes humanity and personage, only to have you turn around and call me insane, angry, damaged or otherwise unqualified to opine, as you have done numerous times in the past.

You know my opinion. Deal with it.

Yeah. And I didn't say that a zygote or an egg was a human. What I did say was that development was a process--from non-human to human and one does not logically go from one to another.

I don't believe in god so when addressed with an ethical issue, I can't just say, " because Jebus says so." I insist in thinking about it. If you don't want to put logical thought into it fine, but it makes you no different than the dogmatic Bible thumpers.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Did you just rat yourself out? I don't recall accusing you personally.

Rat myself out for what????

What are you tripping on man??? Get a grip.
edit on 26-8-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

Who would I kill and why?

Most of the species, quite honestly. Pretty much 99.9% of the human population.

Don't worry, that leaves enough humans left to repopulate with enough genetic diversity.

Why?

Humans are scum, horrible evil, overpopulated scum.

We kill all species including our own. We deforrest this planet to dangerous levels. We pollute, ravage and rape the environment.

We've nuked our own planet multiple times.

We've killed species to extinction, we don't live with the environment.

Humans are the greatest danger to life on this planet that it will ever know.

That's not a direct answer. Are you suggesting you think it's okay to kill people?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Dude, how many times do I have to say it?? Nobody said he's representing ALL Conservatives. I already said, that he represents a small section of Religious Conservatives in this country. You act like I'm holding you personally responsible or something. Are you really that protective of the Label you've chosen for yourself that anything remotely negative being said about the Right puts you into defense mode??

It more than just this one guy though too. It's not like he's the only one saying this kind of stuff. I'm also not saying that there aren't plenty of things to say about the Left too. Sure there is. But that isn't the topic of this thread so it doesn't matter. If you want to talk sh*t about the left, fine, make a new thread with that as the topic and maybe I'll join ya, but for now this is about this Pastor and people like him who just happen to be Religious Conservatives.

Then why imply that "we" have to do something about him as Tangerine said and you heartily agreed?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A human becomes a human when they can survive outside of the womb with minimal assistance or support. Which is only doable after about 5 months of pregnancy. Before that, it is not a human anymore than a pine cone is a pine tree. It is only potential person hood.

I do agree that fetuses, while not technically classed as parasites, do fit the criteria for being a parasite. They feed off the host, and cause more harm to their host than benefit. Which is pretty much what pregnancy is. Pregnancy is very hard on a woman's body beyond what it does to her "girlish figure" or whatever. First there is morning sickness caused by the hormones and crap the embryo is dumping into the body. The embryo/fetus also sucks up the mother's nutirients, requiring her to eat more. A fetus also takes minerals from a woman's bones and teeth, which often causes bone and dental problems for the woman later. The fetus also excretes waste, which must be processed and eliminated by the mother's body, thus making her kidneys, intestines, and liver work harder. The growing fetus expands, pushing and crushing her internal organs and sometimes causing damage. Not to mention back pain, constipation, swelling of the feet, shortness of breath, taxation on the heart and lungs carrying the fetus. And thats before the little critter even sees the light of day.

Giving birth is a pretty dangerous activity in itself. Hence why, before modern medicine, women frequently died in childbirth. Even with modern medicine, women still can suffer long term complications and ailments from pregnancy, such as:

1. Incontinence due to pelvic damage from birth
2. Damage to surrounding pelvic organs
3. Internal bleeding
4. Vaginal/uterine prolapse
5. Dangerous blood clots

www.acog.org...

So to sum it up, a fetus steals a mother's nutrition, damages her organs, floods her body with toxins, puts her life in danger, and provides her no benefit in return. Which is what a parasite does.

The only difference between a fetus and a tapeworm is that one might be considered cute and lovable one day.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Anyway, as a pretty fundamental Christian myself, I strongly disagree with this bigoted poser. So strongly that I don't even believe he's for real.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join