It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploring undersea Haiti EQ fault line live now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
For all fans of exploration, discovery, earthquake info and fragile earth, the Argus and Hercules are currently descending after being launched to explore a section of the fault line that was responsible for the earthquake in Haiti. They are expected to reach the sea floor in the next few minutes.

The one thing I cannot do is hear them properly, not because of any hearing difficulty on my part or audio on my computer's part. They are either speaking way too softly or their volume is insufficient to battle with normal topside noise. So warning to all that we sometimes have to strain to hear them.

They expect to have the vehicles back on the Nautilus around midnight tonight, so there will be lots of viewing time for all of us. As they discover things to collect, they will be seen on screen.

We are completing our mapping survey of the Enriquillo-Plantain Garden Fault off of Haiti and will select a dive site based on the results.

Watch here
edit on 25-8-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Very cool. Thanks for this.

edit on 25-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Thanks, very cool !

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
They got it \o/

Nice to watch such a creature.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
pretty interesting. Lots of little critters down there.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Are you referring to the luminescent sea cucumber? My computer tends to overheat and crash at all the great moments, but I did manage to see it. It looked like a gyrating orangey creature inside a transparent loose mucus-like casing.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Are you referring to the luminescent sea cucumber? My computer tends to overheat and crash at all the great moments, but I did manage to see it. It looked like a gyrating orangey creature inside a transparent loose mucus-like casing.

Yeah, it was exciting to watch the hunt and the catch.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I had to turn my speakers waaaaay up to hear them.

s&f for total coolness!

Love looking at the ocean floor and things swimming/crawling around on it!

Even got a tour of the camera systems on it....
awesome!
edit on 25-8-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

* & F Thanks for sharing. This stuff is so fascinating to me. Watching & waiting. Will be keeping an eye on this and keeping the website in my favorites for their future expeditions .

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingDepth

With a name like yours, one would expect no less LOL. They are down at 6000 meters. They explore for six months of the year, so definitely a keeper in the faves list.

Oops. I meant to say 1600 meters. 6000 is the max depth possible for one of the ROVs.
edit on 25-8-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ah it freaks me out that I only have sound on my right channel

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This thing has a great camera thankfully, when they zoom in on a critter you really can see the detail.

Thanks for this link OP this is awesome.
Waiting to see a giant creature to scurry on by

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
neat stuff wonder what we'll see

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

I feel for you. I seriously wonder if the fact that they are talking into their headsets is what's keeping them from projecting their voices and thus raise the volume. If they had to speak into a detached microphone, they would raise their heads and project their voices more, imho. It's really frustrating to strain constantly to try to grasp a phrase or a complete sentence. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of good info.

new topics

top topics

join