It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf War 2 Nightmares: For Vets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I recently came back from Iraq about 4 months ago. Ever since i got back i had a hard time adjusting back to civlian life. Sometimes at night when i sleep, I get nightmares about being over there. Most of the time i hear gunshots and automatic fire and people screaming. Sometimes i even see 9/11 happening over and over again then i see myself with my squad buddies. One night i drempt of myself in nightvision seeing the battles happening over and over again. I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep for the whole night. I just sat there staring at my wall.

Back in iraq, our squad lost 3 of our guys in total. One of them KIA during a fire fight, one died from an explosion in a village the other one died on his way home on a helicopter that was shot down by an RPG.

These nightmares just keep on happening. Is there anyway i can stop it and return to my life. I feel as if i've been scarred for life by the war.
Any other veterans of any war have this problem too?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I feel for you. But you were prepared for this right? It comes with the job of being a warrior. I dont understand why you have come to a conspiracy internet forum for help when I was lead to believe they had appropriate post traumatic stress treatment and help for returned soldiers...

At the very least perhaps you should have enquired on a US military forum or something. Just seems weird.

All the best.

typos

[edit on 6-12-2004 by cargo]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
tHE cONSTITUTION SAYS YOU CAN'T GO TO WAR OUT SIDE OF wESTERN hEMESPHERE SO! looks you guys were sent infor oil no WMD's look at the bright side you wont be getting killed by the Brave Republican Guards that are showing Marines and Army soilders who's in charge joevialls.altermedia.info...

join