It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried About Date Rape? These Guys Have the Nail Polish for You

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: 00nunya00
a reply to: intrepid

Please continue with your "kill a rapist-Dad" self and explain what your previous comment meant. Don;t change the subject to try to "win.".

I think after reading that response my only logic action is beating myself in the head. Maybe then it'll make sense.

It may work.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

I don't know...in my state only one party has to agree to being recorded, and the person recording can be that party. If it involves sex, it may be different though.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

My point exactly - since there is a chance of such an unwanted experience leading to something such as an unwanted/unplanned pregnancy, shouldn't the woman have a bit more responsibility to ensure she doesn't end up in such a situation?

If young women would get their heads out of Barbies Dream House and into the reality of the real world, maybe we wouldn't keep hearing about these types of rape scenarios.

link   
But seriously, who wants to get their hands all sticky from putting them in their fruity, sugary drinks?

link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I don't know...in my state only one party has to agree to being recorded, and the person recording can be that party. If it involves sex, it may be different though.

It *is* different, I strongly encourage you to look it up.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
ok: a man and woman. both drunk, same exact BAC. by your logic they raped each other, and that makes no sense.

date rape drugs are one thing, but excluding that; a person has to take responsibility for their actions, and that includes getting hammered in the first place. if the person is passed out, then it is definitely rape; but they both consent at the time? you can't call that rape.

there are lots of different protections from pregnancy, a woman can get an abortion without consent of the father or she can keep the child without discussing it with the father and he is stuck with child payments for 18 years. it's a bad situation either way; but to say that women face the full brunt and men have nothing to worry about is untrue.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I wonder how it works?

It's great idea, and I hope it keeps more women safe!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Please continue with your "kill a rapist-Dad" self and explain what your previous comment meant. Don;t change the subject to try to "win.".

I think after reading that response my only logic action is beating myself in the head. Maybe then it'll make sense.

It may work.

And you think that's a positive? If you have to beat yourself until illogic makes SOME sense, that's not logic.

link   
I am genuinely shocked how men defend rape on here. Victim blaming because men just don't want to be held accountable for what they think/feel.

It's inconceivable that men should not have sex with a woman who has clearly had to much/is passed out. Instead of expecting them to distinguish right from wrong, the emphasis is instead shifted to the victim, blaming them for "getting drunk around horny guys"

Strippers do very good lap dances, I guess they must want to sleep with all of their clients eh?

Men, not understanding women since the dawn of time.

link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

My point exactly - since there is a chance of such an unwanted experience leading to something such as an unwanted/unplanned pregnancy, shouldn't the woman have a bit more responsibility to ensure she doesn't end up in such a situation?

If young women would get their heads out of Barbies Dream House and into the reality of the real world, maybe we wouldn't keep hearing about these types of rape scenarios.

Wow. "Barbie Dream House." I see your view going into this discussion. Perhaps leave that bit out the next time you want to be taken seriously.

Women are LEGALLY protected under the LEGALY-INCONSENTUAL state of drunkenness, just like they are held LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE for being in that incapacitated state while driving.

Look it up. This is not my opinion.

edit on 25-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Bob Sholtz

On the Ft. Hood Craig's list some woman was selling positive pregnancy tests. This way, a woman could fake a pregnancy to "snag" a military guy and pretend to have a miscarriage after the marriage is complete. No one is going to question whether a woman really had a miscarriage or not. I was utterly floored when I saw it.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

It may work.

And you think that's a positive? If you have to beat yourself until illogic makes SOME sense, that's not logic.

I didn't say her comment was illogical.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

On the Ft. Hood Craig's list some woman was selling positive pregnancy tests. This way, a woman could fake a pregnancy to "snag" a military guy and pretend to have a miscarriage after the marriage is complete. No one is going to question whether a woman really had a miscarriage or not. I was utterly floored when I saw it.

Doctors are able to tell whether a woman was pregnant or not.

link   

Yeah, it does make sense. If either can prove the other was NOT legally incapacitated, then that person wins. Just like when parents of a legally-retarded girl sue the parents of a legally-retarded boy for having sex with their daughter, the boy can't be legally convicted. Because he was legally incapacitated as well.

Not that hard to understand.

link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc
I am genuinely shocked how men defend rape on here. Victim blaming because men just don't want to be held accountable for what they think/feel.

It's inconceivable that men should not have sex with a woman who has clearly had to much/is passed out. Instead of expecting them to distinguish right from wrong, the emphasis is instead shifted to the victim, blaming them for "getting drunk around horny guys"

Strippers do very good lap dances, I guess they must want to sleep with all of their clients eh?

No. We are just defining the meaning of "rape". And a guilty conscience isn't a reason so far. Never know what the lobby will say though.

link   
There is a distinct difference between defending rape, and personal accountability. There is no excuse to continue advances upon a woman who has either said NO or has made it clear that she does not want to continue.

I am not defending rape, but I am also not going to defend the victim mindset of being consequence free of one's actions.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc

No. We are just defining the meaning of "rape". And a guilty conscience isn't a reason so far. Never know what the lobby will say though.

We don't have to define the meaning, the law makers have already done that for us.

link   

Doctors are able to tell whether a woman was pregnant or not.

Plus, you can't "snag" anything legally unless you can prove the DNA of the father or that rape occurred.

SMDH.

link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Do you really think some of these guys are going to make the woman go to a doc to get a pregnancy test? What if they are being deployed in a week or two? Many men will just rush in and marry the woman to save her and his faces.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

If the father signs the birth certificate, regardless of DNA -- he is financially responsible for the child until 18. Some men have raised a child for several years, only to find out it isn't theirs. The courts have said that since the man has taken over the duties of the father, he is now legally obligated to pay child support.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join