It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worried About Date Rape? These Guys Have the Nail Polish for You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Exactly. "Incapacitated" is as good as "too drunk to drive." It is TOO DRUNK TO MAKE A LEGAL DECISION. PERIOD.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Staff are members first, no need to call them out for having an opinion and being a moderator here.

** no replies to this needed **

Carry On.

link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: 00nunya00

Your statute doesn't meet what we are talking about. I'm not talking about drugging a woman and raping her. I'm not talking about a man raping an incapacitated(passed out) woman. I'm talking about a woman that had a damn good time. Probably more than she was used to and did things she later regrets. THAT is not rape. And WHEN does "no" come into play? After you've been grinding your butt against his junk for 20 minutes? Hey, when I turn a key in a car I expect it to start. What the hell would you expect?

I think you missed the key word 'incapacitated', therefore there can be no consent.

Didn't miss it at all and I agree. Not only women. Anyone that would take advantage of an incapacitated individual. Sick.

link   
Except most of these college girls would eigther a.) Forget what color polish they had on in the first place, or b.) Be too unconcious to even care. Not trying to be mean but it is truth for the most part. Speaking from experience as a male, I have been "roofied" before. Not on purpose I don't think, but I was a broke college student at the time and I was finishing other peoples abandoned 1/2 full beers that were sitting around. And I blacked out in a hurry. Woke up in a neighbors house. What I'm saying is there is ZERO conciousness when drugged. The nail polish is a stand-up move by these guys. But imo it seems like the idea is futile when it is pertaining to these 18,19,20yr old college girls wanting to go out and get blizted in the first place.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Date rape drugs are fast-acting with or without alcohol - keep informed.

www.womenshealth.gov...

Yeah I literally took a few sips from my drink and was wasted in seconds. That was my 1st drink that night. I just think women shouldn't drink around men. Even men you think you know well. The person who drugged me I knew for 2 years. People will only blame the victim even if they took a few sips... it's just the world we live in.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Your statute doesn't meet what we are talking about. I'm not talking about drugging a woman and raping her. I'm not talking about a man raping an incapacitated(passed out) woman. I'm talking about a woman that had a damn good time. Probably more than she was used to and did things she later regrets. THAT is not rape. And WHEN does "no" come into play? After you've been grinding your butt against his junk for 20 minutes? Hey, when I turn a key in a car I expect it to start. What the hell would you expect?

I think you missed the key word 'incapacitated', therefore there can be no consent.

Didn't miss it at all and I agree. Not only women. Anyone that would take advantage of an incapacitated individual. Sick.

Totally simpatico. And "too drunk to drive" means "too drunk to say yes" and have it hold up in a court of law.

If she wants to have sex with you, she certainly will when you took her home "too drunk to drive" and made sure she got in safe. THAT is a serious turn-on.
Because you have become her PROTECTOR, not her ATTACKER.

edit on 25-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

Edit: I mean "in the days AFTER" you took her home safe, NOT that night.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
geez...I could scrounge up some money for that start-up. it would save some female lives, and put a lot of those *ssh*le punks in prison caught with the evidence.....win, win in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teeky

www.womenshealth.gov...

Yeah I literally took a few sips from my drink and was wasted in seconds. That was my 1st drink that night. I just think women shouldn't drink around men. Even men you think you know well. The person who drugged me I knew for 2 years. People will only blame the victim even if they took a few sips... it's just the world we live in.

In most of these situations women are most definitely on their guard, but really you would think you could trust someone you knew for two years. I am sorry you had to go through that. I don't allow victim blaming, as you can see, I find it disgusting and that's the world I live in.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

www.womenshealth.gov...

In most of these situations women are most definitely on their guard, but really you would think you could trust someone you knew for two years. I am sorry you had to go through that. I don't allow victim blaming, as you can see, I find it disgusting and that's the world I live in.

Well if you knew my girls for 2 years that means you know me. They wanna go there? It's their funeral.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

www.womenshealth.gov...

Well if you knew my girls for 2 years that means you know me. They wanna go there? It's their funeral.

O_O

I just can't even. Condoning the action, then condoning the "funeral-inducing" response.

Scary. Why don't we all just abide by (and ENCOURAGE ADHERENCE TO) the law of "don't have sex with women who are too drunk to drive" and then we won't have to resort to "funerals"?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

www.womenshealth.gov...

O_O

I just can't even. Condoning the action, then condoning the "funeral-inducing" response.

Scary. Why don't we all just abide by (and ENCOURAGE ADHERENCE TO) the law of "don't have sex with women who are too drunk to drive" and then we won't have to resort to "funerals"?

Very scary.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

I've had something slipped in my drink once by a group of guys on vacation in San Francisco, they were from Europe. They offered to buy my drink and I declined. I had 2 cocktails that night and it must have been slipped when I turned my head to talk to one of my friends. My friends had to carry me out of the bar, I have zero recollection after drinking my first cocktail. I know I had 2 because I was with my 2 BFF's that night and we never leave each others side when we go out. That includes bathroom trips, smoke beaks and trips to the bar.

I am always safe when I go out drinking, or when I use to anyway. Something simple as turning your head to chat with a friend is all it takes for someone to drop something in a drink.

This nail Polish is a great idea, another item to aid with the use of common sense is never a bad thing.
edit on 25-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

IDK what the problem is. Try to take advantage of my girls you're going to get hurt....badly. If you've known my girls for 2 years you know this too. Basic logic.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I cant wait for someone to claim that we are somehow ruining colleague for young men by making products designed to protect others from date rape.

There is a very subtle difference between encouraging someone to drink a beverage that has been drugged and encouraging them to drink copious amounts of alcohol on the chance that you'll get laid at the end of it - subtle difference but still rape if that person does not/cannot consent.

The problem that we have here is the "fair game" rule. If i drink so much that i end up passing out, that does not give you permission to put your d**k in me.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

IDK what the problem is. Try to take advantage of my girls you're going to get hurt....badly. If you've known my girls for 2 years you know this too. Basic logic.

Oh, we both misunderstood your meaning.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

IDK what the problem is. Try to take advantage of my girls you're going to get hurt....badly.

"Try to take advantage of" LEGALLY includes "having sex with women who have had one too many."

That's the problem. That's the issue.

Edit: quote from your post:

If someone goes out and gets tanked of their own accord and then the inhibitions go out the window, no. That's not rape. Though I'm sure there's more than one dude sitting in jail over someone regretting the amount they drank.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc
The problem that we have here is the "fair game" rule. If i drink so much that i end up passing out, that does not give you permission to put your d**k in me.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Having a helluva time and then fingering a guy for rape when he was just following your(not you personally) lead isn't rape either.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Edit: but seriously, "grinding her butt against you"???? That does not mean she wants to have sex with you.

Well if this isn't sign, than what is a sign?

Butt grinding is a sign that means exactly that : I want to sleep with you.
If it isn't, no wonder some men go crazy and don't understand women.

It's like annoying a dog till he bites you and then get the dog killed.

I've slept with girls that I probably wouldn't had if I wasn't drunk, yet I would never say I was abused! It was my responsibility of getting intoxicated in the first place, the concequences are my own. Not always proud but I can't regret.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Having a helluva time and then fingering a guy for rape when he was just following your(not you personally) lead isn't rape either.

How can there be a meeting of the minds without discussion? Drunk body language is garbled.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

Edit: but seriously, "grinding her butt against you"???? That does not mean she wants to have sex with you.

Well if this isn't sign, than what is a sign?

Butt grinding is a sign that means exactly that : I want to sleep with you.
If it isn't, no wonder some men go crazy and don't understand women.

It's like annoying a dog till he bites you and then get the dog killed.

I've slept with girls that I probably wouldn't had if I wasn't drunk, yet I would never say I was abused! It was my responsibility of getting intoxicated in the first place, the concequences are my own. Not always proud but I can't regret.

Have you watched 'so you think you can dance'? The grinding is just part of the dance, nothing more.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join