It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SC police beat man in Walmart as horrified shoppers beg officers to stop

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Cowards.

Cowards, cowards, cowards.

It's the only word I can find anymore.

Cowards.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Agreed, going to edit that part out of my post, I just became guilty of clouding the subject myself... in shame.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach
a reply to: alienjuggalo
One day these bully boys will face an MMA fighter that will tear their hearts out and feed it to their mothers.

and they'll shoot him. That's not the answer.

EDIT:

First and foremost, we need to put up a unified and vocal front, particularly in our local communities. That's how we demand change. Then we force the officials to address issues of training, policy, monitoring and prosecution of abusive LEOs.
edit on 2014-8-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Maybe some of the equipment is an brain implant that allows Obama and staff to talk to local police and tell them to beat suspects harder. That must be it.

The police want the armor and vehicles for the day the public comes looking for them.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Also, Obama supporters need to realize he is the one authorizing the programs that give military surplus/weapons to the cops.

Is that an agenda or just ignorance?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod
I think the militarization of police and the increasing LAWLESS violence they are perpetrating go hand in hand and both problems she be dealt with at the same time.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I will agree with that. Don't keep giving them more powerful toys and expect them to not get more violent.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If you want to understand the thought process and values of these heroes, be sure to visit the pro LEO FB pages like "Police Blotter"

It's got its battalion of authoritarian clones like ATS plus victim mocking, dehumanizing and jokes.

They won't let me comment on that page. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
IDK, some would define ignorance as responding to a thread without reading through it first, I have agreed to stick to the topic, let's stop the infighting and concentrate on fixing our mutual cop problem, then we can go back to our political bickering.

Next thread we can start hereObama Increases Police Militarization but NOT this thread.

edit on 25-8-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You know that could be it too. Perhaps we've become to tame and "busy" to care about some of this stuff ..

That's a valid perspective

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It depends how good the fighter is.
Bully boys always get whats coming to them.
A top battler goes to ground to avoid an arrest sheet or serious charges and then gets starts getting walloped by some fat clown on steroids,it's a matter of time before the man flips and rips them into shreds.
I doubt they will have the skill to pull out the gun faster than they are sparked.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So nowadays having contact with policy enforcers is sure to have one subjected to a policy of brute force?

Is that the national policy of late?

To meet us and greet us, then hand us some shock and awe to keep us in line? Are we that ungovernable?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Honestly... Since he wasn't physical with the cops other than pulling away a little... I hope the guy was going through diabetic shock. He was taken to the hospital so it would be looked at anyway. That way these cops will get hit REAL hard for assaulting this guy.

That's the thing, They don't seem to have a clue as to any possible signs of a debilitating illness, so best thing to do is punch his lights out...never mind that many a soul has died from a punch in the head.
Don't you get sick of this shi' te?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm not anti-police, but I do wonder why they continue to engage in excessive behavior considering the current climate.

They don't seem to be paying attention to the rapidly rising anti-police environment.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is how you train an increasingly complacent and cowardly American public. With fear.

We hardly resemble those who fought against oppression, and for liberty, in the early years of our country. We should be ashamed of ourselves, and ashamed to look our children in the eye, but we've lost that too.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The guy was passively resisting but not actively striking the officer.

I have been in many situations like this. You wrestle around with the guy and use pressure points until you can restrain him. It is not difficult.

I cannot support punches to the head when a person is resisting without violence. Therefore I cannot support this officer or his actions.

edit on 25-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

This program that allows LEO's to get this stuff has been happening since 1997 actually and Obama is looking into it.

It's known as the 1033 Program

That 1033 setup is craazzzzy! A third of all that gear is NEW. No wonder people think that this is deliberate militarization of the police, instead of to help combat a serious drug situation or similar...maybe people are right.
And there seems to be few things that the police can't ask for, while one stipulation says any equipment must be used within a year or returned?? WTF, no wonder so many cops running around like Judge Dredd

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

What I keep wondering is, is it because of the digital age that we are now seeing what cops have done all along but there has been no means of recoridng their actions?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Those aren't punches. The kind officer is kissing that man on the head with a Freedom Fist.

Defending the freedom of our citizens at home one kiss at a time.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Cell phone video of South Carolina cops beating the tar out of a guy in Walmart while shoppers beg them to stop punching him.

Why do cops feel like it is ok to just punch someone in head 20 times after tasing him.

This is never ok, just cuff him and take him to jail, you absolutely don't have to beat the shyt out of the guy.

I swear they just like to beat people up for fun.

According to Greenville County Master Deputy Jonathan Smith, a second deputy tasered the man when he resisted arrest. In the video, officers can be seen wrestling with the man on the ground as one officer repeatedly punches the man in the head as one shopper can be heard saying, “Please don’t punch him like that. Please don’t. Don’t punch him no more

link

This is detestable!

The police brutality in America is out of control.

I in no way agree with the looting and burning down of buildings that is happening in Ferguson but I think many many more need to stand in protest.

I can't find any news to see if the SLC UT protest is still going on.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join