It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early America was a dumping ground for criminals - Now that explains everything!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Actually, it is really quite interesting.
Apparently for well over 150 years, the USA has been deliberately downplaying the number of prisoners (generally petty crimes of poor people) sent to the Americas.
Some old estimates were only a few thousand, with more recent numbers in the several 100 thousands. Certainly more than sent to Australia.
Also the British sent them to the Americas for over 100 years, but to Australia for only about 60 years.

Seems that the American history books have been giving scant information regarding this "Transport".

Even I remember many years ago in early school, being told about Australia convict transport only started After the War of Independence, and that the convicts were sent to the USA for a long time before Australia.

And no, I'm not of convict stock....South Australia was a pure free settler colony from its beginning in 1836.

Either way it was a sorry indication of England during that period. And the disregard for their fellow countryman.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
America was most likely founded by descent blokes and sheilas who have since regressed into the degenerates we now call Americans and us Aussies who were founded by scum have now evolved into what is basically just super mega Awesomeness.

Dont mean to burst your bubble but my logic is infallible and your history books are lies

Lol.. I didn't say it.

I must admit, your meat pies with lager is pretty awesome.

But one has to wonder if the so called 'bogan' culture w/ violent bar fights, super-testosteroned Madmax characters ready to brawl have anything to do with those origins. Not that these things don't happen in other pubs..

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ah Haaaa thats why we get so many tourists from the States and Oz.
Criminals always return to the scene of the crime

(An Australian told me that one
)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

)

An Australian told me: "I'd rather be descended from criminals, then Christian extremists".

Kind of a toss up on which is worse

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

)

An Australian told me: "I'd rather be descended from criminals, then Christian extremists".

I'd also rather be descended from criminals. At least criminals think for themselves

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan

So there you go - Early America was a dumping ground for Britain's convicted criminals.

What you're saying (or at least what I think you're saying) is illogical and highly unlikely. The founders of America had "criminal genes" and those in power still have those genes now, and are responsible for the mess the world is in? Behavior is more to do with the environment a person is raised in.

Yes, greedy WASPs are pretty much to blame for a good sized portion of the world's problems, but not because of 'genes' passed down from the first settlers.

But you have to admit, if the article is true, that deported criminals represented upwards of "one-quarter of all British emigrants during the 18th century.", I would imagine that it had to have some impact on the culture, attitudes/views of the people as a whole, which persist up to this day. (not that these elements did not exist in the government that deported them.) I am not trying to connect all the worlds problems to the early settlers; criminal culture comes from everywhere.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan

originally posted by: Annee

)

I'd also rather be descended from criminals. At least criminals think for themselves

Good point.

Ah well, my ancestry is the Palatine migration.

Poor displaced, Protestant German farmers. Been here since the mid 1700s.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You have to admit that there was bad blood between England and the states back then. The tax base was paddling across the pond in record numbers so England was losing a lot of money. Money that would have went towards feeding/imprisoning/killing their criminals. So to cut their losses they shipped them over here. I can hear them hear them now: "

"Nothing personal America.......it's just business".
edit on 25-8-2014 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Those are just the people who took over the country from the British, the founding fathers of our country. Now their offspring are all the powerful people in the country, forming the rules of society.

I guess that we are stuck with them since they control all of our wealth, or lack of it. If we get rid of these people, we will have to pay for the mess they got us into. Right now, they have the whole world deceived.

They utilize this verse from the bible in their everyday lives. biblehub.com...
Come to think about it so do the big corporations. Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
In the film "Stripes" Bill Murray said it best "We were thrown out of EVERY CIVILIZED country -"
If a person is SO weak they can't face the truth,maybe they are BETTER off in the LEGAL profession.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Interesting thread. My ancestors were brought to Mannikin Va in 1704.
That's way back. They were French Huggenauts being persecuted by Catholics.
Who else right? So N.America was also used for political refuge.

Things are tough at home if your willing to hop on the 4 month
"express ship" to the new world and take your chances with the indigenous tribes .
Obviously my great grandfather (8 back I believe) made it.

Isn't it strange that to get to 1704 is only 8 grandfathers back ?
What does that make, like 60-70 generations back till Christ?
You could fit all your Parents back to the year 0 in most peoples backyards.
Math isn't my forte so be kind. I do know Abraham Des Moulin (my Grandfather) was 8 back.
His father Wolfgang died in Paris in about 1680. Look I came up with a thread idea!
I can't do one yet so it's exciting to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join