It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosses, Jesus, Mohammed, what do the texts say about creation?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
Okay well you have a great day, because this is going no where. I suggest you keep reading and listen to your girlfriend.
God Bless!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Wanderer777
IF she know half as much about her own religion and book as I do, I would be a happy man...

Heres a good start for you... Just for fun...

bibviz.com...

Good luck

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

edit on 25-8-2014 by DISRAELI because: misread question

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wanderer777

originally posted by: sacgamer25
Jesus says God has not stopped working to this day, and he won't until the 6th day is completed.

As a Christian I believe there are no flaws in the Bible. I take everything literal. I

You have been rude, defensive and combative in this thread from the beginning. I expect nothing less than that from someone who believes the christian bible should be read literally or not at all. Come back when you can use the word 'literal' in a sentence correctly.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The big bang theory agrees with God not the other way around. There's nothingness in the world and then poof there's a whole universe in an instant. Created.

The Big Bang doesn't say that at all. The Big Bang says that before time space started, everything in existence (the entire universe) was compressed into a singularity. It wasn't nothing it was the furtherest thing FROM nothing. It was EVERYTHING. However we know nothing of this singularity so we don't know how long it was there for, any states it was in previously, what caused it to start expanding, and so and so forth. The Big Bang isn't the creation of the universe it is just the start of space time as we know it.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Now you see, this one has always baffled me.. He made the sun and moon on Day four apparently?

Genesis 1:16
And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
Genesis 1:17
And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Genesis 1:18
And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:19
And the evening and the morning were the fourth day

So what is the light he refers to on day one...where was that light coming from?

Genesis 1:5
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

How did I misuse the word literal? I've been rude because I have little to no patience in dealing with someone who does not quote their information also because I'm stuck in a desert doing absolutely nothing. If I said "hey the sky is actually green we just see it as blue" you'd want proof right? It was a debate about the what the Bible says so if you're going to tell me something that it says source it. Simple as that. I also never said the Bible should be read literally or not at all. I said I take it literal. Come back when you can read correctly.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That is the Higgs Boson right? I didn't mean actual nothing, but where did that singularity come from? I believe God but others believe differently. All a matter of opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Wanderer777

I understand why you would want to be defensive, but not you, nor I or anyone living on this earth today can say for sure that we know what these old books actually say, or what the original writings wanted to convey.

I think you were a bit hard on someone who was giving us a valid interpretation of one of them.

I quite liked that someone took the time to create a thread that concerned christianity and it's teaching, incorporating something interesting that I wasn't familiar with, because quite frankly the christianity I am familiar with is not only quite mean and ugly, but often actively hateful.

I think we ought to be open to different views. You can say they are wrong, but without them we cease to grow.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

That is the Higgs Boson right? I didn't mean actual nothing, but where did that singularity come from? I believe God but others believe differently. All a matter of opinion.

Not quite. The Higgs boson is related in that the Higgs Field is thought to be what caused the universe to expand, but that is hypothetical at this moment.

There has been considerable scientific research on possible links between the Higgs field and the inflaton – a hypothetical field suggested as the explanation for the expansion of space during the first fraction of a second of the universe (known as the "inflationary epoch"). Some theories suggest that a fundamental scalar field might be responsible for this phenomenon; the Higgs field is such a field and therefore has led to papers analysing whether it could also be the inflaton responsible for this exponential expansion of the universe during the Big Bang. Such theories are highly tentative and face significant problems related to unitarity, but may be viable if combined with additional features such as large non-minimal coupling, a Brans–Dicke scalar, or other "new" physics, and have received treatments suggesting that Higgs inflation models are still of interest theoretically.

The singularity on the other hand is more akin to the singularity at the center of a black hole, which we also know next to nothing about.

As far as where the singularity came from, no one knows. There is no evidence to say one way or the other. So your guess is as good as mine, but you have to understand that it is a guess, an assumption. So it could very well be wrong. Therefore it is better to just say "I don't know," instead of "God."
edit on 25-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The Vulgate Bible says that man was created "from the slime of the earth" not the clay or dirt. What is "slime" but a collection of single cell organisms? Succinct explanation of evolution or artistic license on the part of the writer or translator?

The Bible is really a collection of allegorical tales and poetic license. One can't take it literally.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Laurence Gardener has wonderful books applying history to facts that are not reconciled as true or deemed not important by organized religions.

www.graal.co.uk...

I'm currently enjoying one of his books.
edit on 25-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I never said those are other views were wrong. I just don't agree with most of them. The thing is some people do indeed get their proof and KNOW. I of course don't share my proof because it was meant for me and you know how people are. I was a bit harsh and I'll apologize for that, and I do agree that there are a lot of hateful "Christians" out there. Westboro for example. I despise them, because you're supposed to love everyone, whether you agree or not or like them or not.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
The Bible is really a collection of allegorical tales and poetic license. One can't take it literally.

That is why it is flawed. To be able to interpret a piece that alleges to have the truth or describe events of the past, it HAS to be taken literally otherwise you get thousands of interpretations with no on agreeing on what's what.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I never said those are other views were wrong. I just don't agree with most of them. The thing is some people do indeed get their proof and KNOW. I of course don't share my proof because it was meant for me and you know how people are. I was a bit harsh and I'll apologize for that, and I do agree that there are a lot of hateful "Christians" out there. Westboro for example. I despise them, because you're supposed to love everyone, whether you agree or not or like them or not.

Ok, so rather than saying that they're wrong - you just think they are. Can we agree that you just say they are wrong?

By the way, if your god shared proof with you and not me, it's a scumbag.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: NavyDoc

otherwise you get thousands of interpretations with no on agreeing on what's what.

Which really seems to be the current state of affairs anyway, LOL.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Exactly. That's why I said that.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25
Jesus says God has not stopped working to this day, and he won't until the 6th day is completed.

Right there.

Give me the actual verse like I did. Don't be lazy. If you're going to start a thread that sparks debate you have to source your information. You can't have the other person do it for you.

As a Christian I believe there are no flaws in the Bible. I take everything literal. I know what the book says, but you obviously do not.

John 5

16 So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him.

17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “MY FAHER IS ALWAYS AT HIS WORK TO THIS VERY DAY, and I too am working.”

18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

This is a conversation about Jesus healing on the Sabbath. Jesus is the true Sabbath, the 1000 reign of the Holy Spirit, The Messianic age.

The 7th day is the Sabbath, and unless you think we live in a world where we don't need God's help we should assume he is still working to refine us in the fire, so we will be clean when the age of enlightenment comes.

When the age of Christ comes we will all follow the Holy Spirit and work as one. Then the father will rest from his work.

edit on 25-8-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Just because I think they are wrong means nothing. It also doesn't mean I can't respect other people's beliefs. The proof that was shared with me was special. I spent 3 months of my life backpacking through the Redwoods looking for God. I got my proof. I feel as if I earned it so of course it's special to me. Someone like you would probably just pick it all apart until there was nothing. So you can call my God a scumbag all you want, but I KNOW he is not. You obviously have your own issues with God. Maybe you should do as I did and give away all of your belongings in His name and go searching for Him. I got everything back tenfold too so there ya go.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25
Interesting take but I believe it's talking about the actual Sabbath (the day of rest) And of course God is still working he's God haha. I can see how you'd get that, but I still respectfully disagree.

<< 1    3 >>

join