It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Admits Using News To Manipulate the USA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

ouch!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

And don't forget the rising costs of college. That coupled with the failing educational system is a recipe for disaster.
It used to be that if your HS was not so great you could catch up later. Unfortunately it's becoming more and more out of the reach for many, unless they take out loans which become decade long burdens at the worst possible time.
This dumbing down of society leads to easily manipulated targets, used for mass conditioning.

Funny they probably abandoned the MKUltra project when they figured out they didn't need mind altering drugs to control people, just computers, cell phones, tv and newspapers.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Funny they probably abandoned the MKUltra project when they figured out they didn't need mind altering drugs to control people, just computers, cell phones, tv and newspapers.

Funny, with the advent of the internet with free access to a potentially unlimited database, we get people buying into claptrap from the anti-vaccine, anti-GMO, anti-anything that stands up to critical thinking, they're spraying us, crowd.

Who's controlling who, did you say?
edit on 8/25/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I don't think those people are in the majority though, and I don't think society is necessarily getting dumbed down. It's just the people who say dumb things are more easily noticeable and if they write it on the internet it's there forever.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
60 minutes was one of the better CIA television programs.
It was nice when the PTB like SAC would just flat out do a motion picture
like I don't know .. Maybe the one called "SAC" starring Jimmy Stewart ?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Funny, with the advent of the internet with free access to a potentially unlimited database, we get people buying into claptrap from the anti-vaccine, anti-GMO, anti-anything that stands up to critical thinking, they're spraying us, crowd.

Funny, with the advent of NDAA 2012, it makes it legal to be lied to by our government with a potentially unlimited database of NLBS, we get people buying into ISIS, downed planes, racial tension, anti-anything that stand for true freedom and independence by the we're being lied to crowd.

The newest version of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) includes an amendment that would legalize the use of propaganda on the American public, reports Michael Hastings of BuzzFeed. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I liked the part where he says its still happening, they just have to be more careful how they go about obscuring that its happening.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Does it work on you?

No more than your marginalization and diversionary finger pointing.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well isn't Operation Mockingbird old hat by now? It probably should be.. common knowledge, alas, it is not apparently..

Is there someone around still who thinks they'd ever let go off that kind of power willingly?

Pfft!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It seems to be in electronic media people are addicted to it so they would be open to such manipulations. Witness how video signals made some Japanese sick the manipulation of that CAN program by subliminal placement.
This is a humorous video of a kid who's father is demanding he develop and mature by running over his son's games.
www.youtube.com...
A study was done a while back that determined playing such games modifies the prefrontal cortex and cripples the individual mental agility.

I DO NOT think it is accidental

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have been a member for a while now, but I have not posted in a long time. I believe I saw the start of a False Flag op this morning..or rather I heard it...as I got home from working the night shift last night(8-25-14) at about 0836hrs I heard Fox News report on my XM Satellite Radio that "Breaking News,,active Shooter on a New Jersey Army Base Fort Dix..I did not think much of it at the time as I shut my car off and walked into the house and went to bed. This afternoon I awoke and turned on the Fox News and found no reference to the shooting or shooters at Fort Dix..just reports about The Earthquake in CA. I did a search on the internet and found that a female Solider shot herself in a command building in VA Fort Lee... this is a far shot from NJ as I had heard this morning....I am pretty sure this is what I heard on the radio,,did anyone else hear this on Fox News this morning around 0830hrs central time. The Army has not released this soldier's name or rank so far...So to sound like a complete NUT...what was going on that the New Media had reported the wrong place and account for the shooting and then not report on the shooting in VA's Fort Lee..
reply to: AnteBellum

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

cool

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

LOL

It works on everyone.

I stopped watching TV for two and a half years. When I finally watched it again, I was SHOCKED by such obvious manipulation and programming of viewers.

To see Phage make a comment like the one you just did, is mind blowing.

I will NEVER trust your opinion again.

Ever.

Whatever your intentions on ATS are, they are obvious negative.

LOL "attempted".

LOL are you INSANE?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
No ones coming for your guns or bibles chill out. Everyone with guns please report to your local police station and turn over your weapons. Or better yet door to door searches. Nope don't see that one happening either.

I have paranoid schizophrenia and there are people on these boards that are a 1000x more paranoid then I ever could be.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Who is even surprised about this? Maybe awakening sheep, but other than those, it's common knowledge that all msm has an agenda to keep us at eachother's throats.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

a reply to: glend
If the trend in the level of commentary on ATS is over the past several years is any indication, I would have to agree.

I third the statement with the amendment of "the level of commentary in general as an indicator. Lessons in critical thinking has never been very prevalent in the educational system here. One of my professors asked one of my classes how many of us had ever had any form of critical thinking training and only myself and another raised our hands out of a class size of around 40.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Maybe with more training...

Sorry about your brain however.
edit on 25-8-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bsmaddux I have experienced such myself...the media constantly "gets it wrong", hypes the hell out of a situation, blows things all out of proportion, makes myriad mistakes in their reporting...leaves out pertinent facts and then they interject their own "view" of the scenario or pretty much tell you how to think, what to think, and constantly use distraction tactics too....look here, they'll say while all heck is breaking loose elsewhere. The really important issues get fore shadowed by what the Kardashians are doing or what monkey is nurturing a dog or some such.

I read about the Army base shooting incident today and of course, it was made to sound like an all out terrorist scenario at first and then the article eased into the alleged suicide angle after they got the "scare" tactic angle out of the way.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Relevant to media and internet and such...don't ya just love it when someone is "anti" anything, their opinions or research or even facts that they may present are considered "clap trap". That term can work both ways relevant to what anyone presents on the web. Any self proclaimed experts and authorities can be guilty of the same. You often can't get 2 scientists to agree on an issue so does that cancel out each others ideas/facts/opinions as clap trap too.

The future may reveal a lot of the so called clap trap presented by "anti" folks as being spot on. There are more and more whistle blowers coming out with the realities of a lot of things that were once considered clap trap and now being proven as fact. The recent revelation by such a person recently that vaccines do cause autism and has been covered up. So, there ya go. And people don't need lessons in critical thinking...they can do such on their own and not have to be spoon fed someone elses "truths".

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Yeah, nothing to see there, just like the moon landings and entire space program you believe you can see.

No matter what, someone is trying to get a piece of us all, trouble is, you , as most others believe that some things are above that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join