It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holocaust families criticise Israel over Gaza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Holocaust families criticise Israel over Gaza

Over 300 Survivors and Descendants of Survivors and Victims of the Nazi Genocide Condemn Israel’s Assault on Gaza

Jewish Holocaust survivors from around the world call for justice in Gaza

More than 300 Holocaust survivors and their descendants have issued a statement condemning what they call Israel's "genocide" in Gaza.

The International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network placed the statement as an advertisement in the New York Times.

It was in response to an advertisement by Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel which compared the Palestinian militant movement Hamas to the Nazis.

More than 2,000 people have been killed in Gaza in the ongoing conflict.

Most of them were civilians. On the Israeli side, 68 people - mainly soldiers - have been killed.

The Gaza conflict has drawn strong reaction in the US, with pro- and anti-Israel demonstrations taking place.

The advertisement in the New York Times is signed by 40 Holocaust survivors and 287 descendants and other relatives.

It calls for the blockade of Gaza to be lifted and Israel to be boycotted

Again, being anti-Zionist doesn't mean anti-semitic. These holocaust survivors will probably be judged and labeled as "self-hating Jews" as usual... But it's nice to see a protest against the brutal Zionist regime by people that probably understand what it is like to be treated with no humanity.

edit on 24-8-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
S&F pal... Great find!

And expect derailment in 3...
Wait for it...
Hold on...
I'll start them off...

"But Hamas..."

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
In all seriousness though...

But it's nice to see a protest against the brutal Zionist regime by people that probably understand what it is like to be treated with no humanity.

...this is spot on...

Jews were marching side by side with us protesters in London...
In support I should point out...
& received the biggest cheer from the crowd...

I expect nothing less from such a humble people either!

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey look it's Manny Vega showing up to lick Israel's boot's just like he did in DC. And people were crying that he was peaceful and he was attacked.

He is an embarrassment to America.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
To see them standing up to this.

Because this can't be emphasized enough:
Again, being anti-Zionist doesn't mean anti-semitic.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
S&F pal... Great find!

And expect derailment in 3...
Wait for it...
Hold on...
I'll start them off...

"But Hamas..."

It always baffles me how someone can justify the Zionist brutality against the Palestinians, and I'm not even sure how it's possible that Israel right wing apologist/Zionists don't feel a profound shame about the fact that even holocaust survivors are against Israel's policies toward the Palestinians .....when the holocaust survivors are the reason Israel exist for the first place.

Such a shame.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

It always baffles me how someone can justify the Zionist brutality against the Palestinians, and I'm not even sure how it's possible that Israel right wing apologist/Zionists don't feel a profound shame about the fact that even holocaust survivors are against Israel's policies toward the Palestinians .....when the holocaust survivors are the reason Israel exist for the first place.

Irony on a grand scale...
Self-victimisation...
Or just the way of the world...

It's hard to decypher such a conflict from the outside looking in...

What you said makes sense to me...
Then I'm sure the pro-Zion faction have their take on what we feel...

As you said it's a shame...
It's also a shame that they seem to have the same scripted argument for any response...
Like you said they'll probably suggest these are self-hating Jews!

How they can wash their hands of such a mess is also hard to grasp!
edit on 24-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I seriously doubt this thread is going to get attacked by pro-Zionist. It is too real and a... how do you say it? Ace in the hole?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I seriously doubt this thread is going to get attacked by pro-Zionist. It is too real and a... how do you say it? Ace in the hole?

You are under estimating how creative Zionists can be..

But I guess you're right, not a whole lot of posts.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Sadly there will be someone come along calling them a "self hating Jew".

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Would like to make a point first about your comment about not being anti-Semitic - surely if semetic people systematically carry out horrendous war crimes and murder people with originally, weapons meant for the battle field, then perhaps its time we rethought the laws semetic people insisted in having passed in country's around the world changed, so they can face the consequences of their actions against humanity. Someone needs some guts somewhere!

I am glad to see the support of people who suffered in the concentration camps and their relatives, who would know their stories.

What is going on in Gaza, the world knows is utterly wrong, immoral and unfair. I hope people will boycott Israel and persuade their governments to stop being so allied to such a treacherous country. Also I hope we can remove from our governmental front benches people with dual passports with Israel because we don't honestly know if they are not protecting israel and are truly representative of the people who elected them. What is in Israel's interest is not always what is in other country's interests and the lives of their young soldiers.

I hope people look at these protestors and act accordingly because these people understand and are the ones that should be helping Israel find peace. Keep Netanhayoo and there will be permanent war in Israel and it will stink of crimes against humanity from both sides.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

We don't see the Jewish tears that fall over Israel unless they are outside that country. Netanyahoo sees to that because he keeps a campaign going within Israel that tells the people they are under siege and must expect to be attacked. Nothing will change until he and his allies are removed and new policies there can be built up.

Most Palestinians I see look lost, defeated and utterly shocked. Whether Jewish or not, one's heart does go out to the ordinary people. Hamas a government and military unit play right into Netanyahoo's hands but it needs the bigger man or woman to make a stand and say 'lets turn this around, rebuild Gaza and deal with Palestinian land claims in a fair way. Compensate, find other land or give back orchards and land used to provide a living from.

Do we really want to watch genocide of the Palestinian?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

We don't see the Jewish tears that fall over Israel unless they are outside that country. Netanyahoo sees to that because he keeps a campaign going within Israel that tells the people they are under siege and must expect to be attacked. Nothing will change until he and his allies are removed and new policies there can be built up.

Most Palestinians I see look lost, defeated and utterly shocked. Whether Jewish or not, one's heart does go out to the ordinary people. Hamas a government and military unit play right into Netanyahoo's hands but it needs the bigger man or woman to make a stand and say 'lets turn this around, rebuild Gaza and deal with Palestinian land claims in a fair way. Compensate, find other land or give back orchards and land used to provide a living from.

Do we really want to watch genocide of the Palestinian?

Let's hope Israelis don't vote for Netanyahu or for the Likud party, because there is potentially a strong opposition to the madness, but of course we don't get to hear them as much as the war mongers, but they sure exist...

Free Palestine !
edit on 25-8-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
40 actual survivors?

how old are they now, 100?

hell, we have more than that in 1 anti-israel thread.

maybe you guys should take out an ad in the NYT too.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao
40 actual survivors?

Unnecessary trolling. But it's ok, I expected it...

I was truly curious to find out how someone could derail this thread and with what arguments... And I'm kinda disappointed because your comment is so idiotic, I'm not even sure if I should feel insulted??

edit on 25-8-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

40 actual survivors?

I was truly curious to find out how someone could derail this thread and with what arguments... And I'm kinda disappointed because your comment is so idiotic, I'm not even sure if I should feel insulted??

It has been 2 days and that was the first shot. A weak one at that. There are still WW2 survivors that were of fighting age, alive today so I am sure there are many alive still from the camps.

This topic is golden and the only way to defeat it, is ignore it at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to hear in the next week or so, a lobby from holocaust survivors suddenly coming out to blast Hamas and their rockets that bring back times of Hitler or something like that.

Calling a Holocaust survivor a self-hating Jew just isn't going to work this time. They need something better than that.

So far ignoring it seems to be working well enough.
edit on 25-8-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

40 actual survivors?

thanks, it didn't take much, just a penny on the rails.

may i ask where you want to bring this thread?

is it just a FYI type of thread or another boring bash israel thread?

btw, i'm sure you never felt insulted in your life.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't get the whole Anti Semitic thing when it comes to this subject.
Palestinians are semitic people.

So if it was purely Anti semtism wouldn't we just be against
the whole region instead of targeting one particular country?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Now isn't it ironic - Don't ya think?
edit on Mon40811201480 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80
Holocaust? What Holocaust? Why is this subject Taboo on ATS. There is Overwhelming Evidence that the Holocaust is Fiction.

Why is investigation into the Holocaust banned in Germany and so many other places?

The Holocaust is justification for Israel to Slaughter thousands of Innocents in the name of "Never Again".

Is that you Mel Gibson?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join