It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus Predict the Name of Anti Christ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Why worry about the anti-christ? I'm not well versed in this mythology but in the end doesn't he lose no matter what? Everyone is equal at death and cannot escape it whether they are the most aggressive, evil and powerful person or the most passive, kind and selfless person.
edit on 25-8-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: john452

I don't believe in any of the BS I posted this to see if shy linguist could verify if these translations were in fact real. If so, I still think it's either coincidence or a planned projected agenda.

AAC

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: St Udio

Islam believes in Jesus as the true Messiah.. If that is against Christianity then what the hell are Christians worshipping?

No, Islam believes that Jesus is a great prophet, not the messiah.

Muslims respect and revere Jesus (peace be upon him). They consider him one of the greatest of God’s messengers to mankind. The Quran confirms his virgin birth, and a chapter of the Quran is entitled ‘Maryam’ (Mary). The Quran describes the birth of Jesus as follows

www.islam-guide.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yes there are many claiming to be Jesus but one will fullfill many descriptions found in the book. It is written that he will have great power and he will turn his back on the people in need of his help. None of you other antichrist have the power necessary to be the head of your goals. I hate to say it but so far bho seems to be in the leed. It is by the grace of GOD that America still stands. Let's be honest though if i started listing things he is responsible for they would all be subjective at this point and could be denounced by a decent spin doctor.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

I guess I never expected the Anti-Christ to like smoking and golf so much.

Satan must have diverse indulgent interests!

If this is true, the Anti-Christ has some growing up to do because he has the ego of an unbridled 15-year-old boy.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Yes there are many claiming to be Jesus but one will fullfill many descriptions found in the book. It is written that he will have great power and he will turn his back on the people in need of his help. None of you other antichrist have the power necessary to be the head of your goals. I hate to say it but so far bho seems to be in the leed. It is by the grace of GOD that America still stands. Let's be honest though if i started listing things he is responsible for they would all be subjective at this point and could be denounced by a decent spin doctor.

LOL BHO is just as likely at being the anti-christ as Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, and all the other presidents before him as well as all the popes, and various other world leaders. This snipe hunt is getting ridiculous.
Step 1: Wait for a new leader of a country or religious organization take the stage
Step 2: scour ancient documents for obscure prophecies
Step 3: link said obscure prophecies up with new leaders recent actions through tentative links.
Step 4: claim person is anti-christ.
Step 5: nothing happens
Step 6: goto step 1.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I haven't read through every post in this thread so forgive me if it's been brought up but here's the problem with the premise presented by the OP.

The New Testament wasn't written in Aramaic so translating it from the Greek, to Aramaic, to English is pointless and doesn't really prove anything.

Also, the bible presents the antichrist as being anyone who denies Christ. There is no indication that scripture means there is going to be one "antichrist" who is a huge jerk or is the beast or anything like that.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
If you aren't "for" Christ, then you are against him, or, are an anti-Christ. It's that simple.

Anti means "instead of" in old Greek. Satan always tries to take Christ's place. from the original rebellion where iniquity was found in him (Symbolized by the king of Tyrus) for the first time (he wanted to claim the mercy seat) to naming the Kennites nearly identical names to Adams descendants to the end times where he will appear at the 6th trump and pretend to be a peacemaker and finally a divinity as Christ himself. his final act in human form will be to stand where he ought not on mount Moriah in Jerusalem. His last act before the destruction of his soul in hell will be to confuse the ethnoi into following him for a final "war" on the elect and Christ and the archangels.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You ATSers really make this way to easy for me. But anyway here we go.

1. Luke 10:18 JESUS was giving to the seventy disciples a prophesy about the ANTICHRIST/Satan as lightening fall from heaven.
The translation for the name BARACK is Lightning.

2. John 5:43 Jesus stated that he came in the name of the Father and the world did not receive him. But one coming in HIS OWN NAME would be received.
Barack Hussein Obama is NOT the name our president went by for most of his life. HE was known as BARRY SOETERO.
HE CHANGED his name .

3. Rev . 22:16 Here JESUS is giving us another clue by stating unequivocally that HE IS THE BRIGHT AND MORNING STAR.
Have you taken a REALLY good look at the presidents campaign logo? It's sad to say but many of you are deceived.
WAKE UP BUTTERCUP! The TRUTH is coming!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hey i'm just doing my part to keep the site funded.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The word antichrist is used 4 times in scriptures all in the 3 letters written by John the disciple of Yahoshua.

In Greek anti means “in place of” and christ is the translation of the Hebrew/Aramaic word mashiach(transliterated into English) it means the anointing or the anointed….which means to rub or smear oil on..it is what was done by the Israelites (then Jews) to a King or prophet to denote they were imbued with the power of the creator God.

John was clearly stating these “antichrists” already existed in numbers in his time.They were those that “claimed” to be “anointed" but were not.John knew the difference since he was anointed.Yahoshua also spoke of them but without the word “antichrists” he told his disciples….

“In that day MANY will come in MY name and say “I am christ” and will deceive many”.

These are the same “type “ of “people” that the disciple John wrote of.They are “in place of” christ and say they are “christ” or more accurately….they are Christian.

The fact is there is no mention of a “person” THE Antichrist” at all in the scriptures.It is an extrapolation to fit a theory which mostly centered around the “end of times” great tribulation “apocalypse”(which means unveiling NOT a great cataclysm) MANY (Christians) believe in. That is what the maker of this video is propagating and falsely accusing Barrack Obama as THE Antichrist.

The foundation of his argument is over a few other incorrectly extrapolated scriptures made into the doctrines of men.The word “lucifer”(heylel in Hebrew/ Aramaic) means “light bearing” or morning star..however what it ISN’T is a proper name it is an adjective.The word “heylel” is used ONE time in all of the scripture in Isaiah 14:12 and the WHOLE of the mythology of Lucifer is Satan is built upon it however it is a house of cards (and lies).

From there it is extrapolated that Lucifer was an “archangel”(another mythological being ) which translates loosely to a “head angel” YET the scriptures do not say that at all.It can only be surmised by twisted extrapolation..from there it is declared that this Satan who WAS Lucifer the great Archangel (and now is the head musician and worshipper) FELL because of “pride” and wanting to be like the most high God and on his fall 1/3 of the angels defected and they became demons.Yet NONE of this is in the scriptures except through extrapolation.

Then finally this “Satan” is the serpent in the garden and is the great foe to man who is forever trying to tempt man to “deny” the Creator God.This is as close to the truth as it gets HOWEVER Satan is not a proper name either.It means adversary which means that which is against” and that is true YET it is not a being or entity it is not the Archangel Lucifer who fell and became the Devil…it is the nature of mankind….ALL of mankind.The nature of ALL of mankind is religious…belief.

The amalgamation of ALL of a persons experiences form their “belief” in faith of “their Belief System religion”. NONE have escaped that nature.It is inherent. That Belief System” religion (which none are the same) is “against” the creator God because in their religion they make their “God” in their own image because…that’s how belief works….it cannot KNOW the creator God.The creator God is completely “outside” of the belief formed through their experiences…it is in effect an “adversary” to the creator God.THAT is satan…not some “evil” being that was once the greatest angel in creation and tempted man to rebel.

That is how mans religious mind works.They create “myths” perceived “through” their Belief System”.Many people I know simply “believe “ this lie because ..someone told them and they never denied it.Others sincerely “believe” the scriptures prove it YET it doesn’t in the least.The evidence is so flimsy yet they “want” to believe it with all their heart.

As for Barrack Obama ..he is the 44th president of the Untied States..and many other things EXCEPT he is NOT The Antichrist.Those that believe he is THE Antichrist are deluded as in believing in The Tooth Fairy.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well...as someone raised Roman Catholic and since then, anti-religious, I'll put in my two cents. I believe the Anti-Christ will be the person that begins, the end of much of civilization. Example...WW3 (one of many examples by the way). This "person" is someone we know, someone we know very well. Today...it could be Obama. Years ago...it could have been Bush. I believe the Anti-Christ will be a President of the USA. We just don't know which one yet. But since all Presidents are pretty much the same...I feel that is who it will be. Following that mind-set, there will eventually be a world-wide horror, most likely aided by the decisions of the USA's President and he/she will be the Anti-Christ.

Not quite as easy as naming names...but probably how it will unfold.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris
Jesus wasn't American, why on earth would you assume that the 'anti-christ' is going to be American? The world does NOT revolve around the USA.

Yet many say or think that the USA is the whore of Babylon. When the bible is quite clear that Jerusalem is the Whore.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The book of Isaiah is written in Ancient Hebrew, which was a completely dead language for almost 2000 years before the invention of modern Hebrew in the 1800s. Ancient Hebrew had an alphabet with 22 letters, all consonants, and because of that it is literally impossible for anyone to be sure how an ancient Hebrew word would be spelled or said when modern language is used to interpret it. For example, YHWH is the name of God. These four letters are theologically known as the "Tetragrammaton", and it's equivalent in the English Bible is LORD (all capitals). Modern "scholars" took the vowel points of the modern Hebrew word Adonai and added them to YHWH and came up with "Yahweh". Jehovah then came from that. There is no way in the world that anyone can know for sure if that is correct or not. Furthermore, the only instance of Aramaic being used in the Old Testament is found in a few chapters in Daniel... other than that the entire OT is in Hebrew. It is more than likely that 1st century Jews spoke Aramaic as their most used language, as well as Greek. Hebrew was spoken much in the same way that Latin is used in the Catholic Church... in other words not very often and not very well. All of that to say this... Daniel 9 is very clear on the events leading up to the Antichrist revealing himself. As much as I HATE Barack Obama, there is no Biblical evidence to support him being the Antichrist... believe me, I've looked. He is certainly AN Antichrist, but he is not THE Antichrist.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282Even by your definitions he is an antichrist because his followers labeled him as a savior to the world and he claims to be christian and holds the highest seat in the land. Do i believe it not really but it can be twisted any way we want including your way which does make sense but is not alone because ultimitly it is all interputations. Now if he continues down the path he is on and fullfills some more of those interputations then we could start to see some of the myths or interputations come to life. Perhaps he could be tapping into all that energy that believers are sending out.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I thought the anti christ was suppose to take over the world? Wasn't George Bush trying to do that? You know, bring democracy to the Iraqi's and all that? Which I was recently informed by a conservative that we are not a democracy. Boy, that was a big lie (another one) by George Bush. I wonder if the anti christ is a liar too. Well, he must be, because Christ is not a liar. Oh, oh, oh, I know. It must be body counts that make an anti christ. Well, old George has got that one too.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
What exactly is an Anti-Christ?

It's the opposite of Christ...if Anti-Christ touches Christ there will be an explosion.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

That was the reply I was looking for, thanks.

AAC

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Nobody reads anymore, "And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."

Satan,,

remember ,,"Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written,
Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God,
and him only shalt thou serve. Satan.

If Satan serves the Lord God,,how can he be anti Christ?
or put another way,,against the Kingship of man?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: fenson76

originally posted by: ugmold
What exactly is an Anti-Christ?

It's the opposite of Christ...if Anti-Christ touches Christ there will be an explosion.

No.no one would mistake the opposite of Christ for Christ. the antichrist will pose as Christ. because the church does not teach the order of the trumps WRT the return of Christ many, even christians, will be fooled and will worship the antichrist.

no Christian would be fooled by an evil caricature; repleat with red skin and horns wearing red long handles and wielding a pitchfork who goes about murdering people and stuff like that. to fool them you have to appear to be Christ you have to act as Christ would.

The antichrist appears before the return of the actual Christ. if someone appears and is proclaimed Christ and you have not transformed into a spiritual body instantly then he is a imposter.The real Christ's first act will be landing on the antichrist on mount Moriah and killing the physical body of the antichrist and his 7000 lackeys at the 7th and final trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join