It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thank God for hell

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
I could say we can only live in hope you are right, but then that would be a judgement, so Gods will be done.

Eternal punishment for a temporary crime is not justice.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

I could say we can only live in hope you are right, but then that would be a judgement, so Gods will be done.

Eternal punishment for a temporary crime is not justice.

That would be some peoples understanding.
Other people would say it is fair and still others would say, while hell is eternal, eternal condemnation in hell is not biblical.

Surely without knowing the truth, making assumptions about what hell is, what Gods (who is just) plans are, kinda sorta
casts shadows on what we think.

Either way I am not in charge and dont know the answer, just thankful a just God is.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

If God is a God of Justice,
Then those who are punished for eternity are those who commit crimes for eternity.

If God is not a God of Justice,
Then those who are punished for eternity are not able to commit crimes for eternity.

edit on 6-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25

There is no need for man to judge man.

Ever?

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: nomi80

originally posted by: sacgamer25

There is no need for man to judge man.

Ever?

Yes we are allowed to judge others as Christians, the concept is based on logic, love and forgiveness.

If you think somebody is dangerous, logic dictates you stay away from them, Christ teaches that you forgive them.
We can do both, forgive and avoid.
A married woman has an abusive husband, logic dictates she removes herself from trauma. Its a judgement based on what is fact. The husband could change, its up to the husband to show repentance.

The judgement is not condemnation, not attacking or bitter.Its based on self respect and respect of others.

I can happily say some of my mates are drunken idiots, They are great blokes but I dont hang around with them because I have judged that they lead me astray

Christ tells us to be discerning, not condemning.

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.” (Matthew 7:1–5)

The concept is simple, be aware of your own faults before condemning others.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trapeze

I agree, and remember that silence cannot be misquoted.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Have you ever noticed that it appears God likes to keep people under delusion, as in not knowing the truth? Why is that? You will be in a situation where only you know the truth and it appears that nature wants that in some cases. Also God always bring humility to the ego, but they still keep carrying on, so I can kind of get your post.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I thank God that I can choose rather or not to go to Hell. I'd prefer to serve God.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikefougnie
I thank God that I can choose rather or not to go to Hell. I'd prefer to serve God.

Yeah I thank the mugger I met for giving me the choice to be stabbed or not.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikefougnie

God prefers that we serve Him, and that's why no one is going to Hell. God is unwilling that any should perish - did you not read that in your Bible? Besides, if great numbers of people are in Hell, how can God ever become All in all?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

The scenario is terrible, think about the priceless art and those magnificent buildings.... Unlike you I would join the choir weeping over her destiny.

Yes it is horrific, the future for those who make their choice.
The art and buildings, meh, its not so relevant to me.

That said, I doubt Michelangelo and the other masters behind the buildings and art in the Vatican would cry much if st. Malachy's prophecy about the sitting pope rings through:

en.wikipedia.org...

Latin: "In p[er]ſecutione. extrema S.R.E. ſedebit. Petrus Romanus, qui paſcet oues in multis tribulationibus: quibus tranſactis ciuitas ſepticollis diruetur, & Iudex tremẽdus iudicabit populum ſuum. Finis."

English: "In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit. Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations, and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills [i.e. Rome] will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The End."

Comes a point in life where the weight of the worlds sin, my own, just becomes to much.
What will happen will happen.
I just want it over, just want Christ to return and bring justice.

Some times you just have to say to yourself, "Get over it already!"

Too much looking back will only lead to bitterness and tears or even worse, narcissism and navel-gazing. There is light in the darkness, and it leads you out of shackles and cages. Instead of chasing shadows, turn around and reach for the light instead, and you might just be lucky. Sounds awfully idiomatic and dogmatic, but try to always look on the bright side of life. I know, it's OLD as stone, but it help being reminded of it sometimes:

edit on 14-9-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: added more of Malachy's text on Peter the Roman

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

Too much looking back will only lead to bitterness and tears or even worse, narcissism and navel-gazing. There is light in the darkness, and it leads you out of shackles and cages. Instead of chasing shadows, turn around and reach for the light instead, and you might just be lucky. Sounds awfully idiomatic and dogmatic, but try to always look on the bright side of life. I know, it's OLD as stone, but it help being reminded of it sometimes:

Yep aint that the truth, can only agree.
baby steps though, baby steps till you can walk.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I have many other visions that confirm this for me but i will spare you all

But you didnt spare us did you...you decided to carry on...

I should add that there are places in between that people can be put where all accounts of the burning and thirst and torture take full effect.

You christians create hell...I pity you that your god or your understanding of god leads you to beleive the almighty creator would conceive of such a place. But then again I think the gnostics got it right when they say that this world is ruled by the deimurge. THe Old Testaments Yahweh is the deimurge

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I didnt write the rules, if I did speeding would not be illegal.

But like in the temporal where the speeding limit changes according to population density and increases in population so does jehovah change like the wind in the Old Testament...and before you say that CHrists blood negates the Old Testament Law....

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

In fact the idea of hell is an abomination

So even though jesus (god in the trinity) never judged (consigned) anyone to hell ...your perfect jehovah created an abomination? The Gnostics dont call him the deimurge for nothing.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I can only hope of a time when the lion will lay with the lamb and sin will be destroyed

That sounds like a cover from a JW Watchtower magazine oif the 70's.
So a hungry sheep cannot overcome a starved weakened lion? Beware of sheep in wolves clothing.

I honestly think more and more everyday that If jesus actually did the vicarious atonement thing 2000 years ago it was in anticipation for the followers of this Pauline religion called christianity (the truly deceived)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Has it ever occurred to anyone that all people who have visions of Hell-- are Christians? Now why would God broadcast live from future Hell, to Christians? Why are all these Christians visiting Hell? Why are they lead beyond all the boundries and shown the worst parts of Hell in these visions of future or extra-dimensional worlds of pain and torment?

Bloody lemmings. It's like with Abel and his Satanic blood sacrifice orgies (ask the Christians, they love this guy), he got his gods' attention, but instead of reacting to all the warnings and the major attention he received from above, he believed he was doing something right. He weren't, was he? Didn't live to tell the tale. For he lost his brother long before he lost himself. They all worship the Beast, and they call him Jesus, and they claim you end up in Hell if you don't confess his name and a few other details, sign here, here and here, water on scalp, ticket to Abraham's bosom. What was it the prophets said about hearing and seeing again? They wouldn't turn or Repent™ (etymology similar to that of 'rape', 'reap' and 'raptor') if their asses started screaming out news broadcasts and if people were sucked into the air by the thousands, that would be a good sign. It's rapture™ (same origin as above).

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

But to nit pick, a purge of imperfection should not result in uniformity, and besides; if the uniformity is universal joy and happiness, then what is the down side?

So a bit like Brave New World where the slave/sheep are fed Soma, or more along the lines a Roger Waters Another Brick in The Wall.

I dont like to wear 2 uniform coloured socks, I like to wear one blue and one red. Where in your world do I fit in?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

My God has a purpose and plan for humanity, yours has nothing to offer but a mouse wheel existence

Riddle me this you mouse within a wheel hater...
(BTW Reincarnation is nothing as you describe.)
...anyway the question is...
After you are in heaven helping to judge all the sinners with Christ, the Beast is bound or destroyed (cant remember Revelations exactly) and a new Earth is created how will you spend eternity?

No evil to fight nothing to love except god who is so insecure that he needs constant adoration, how will you spend eternity?
Or perhaps you get to live in a mormon future where every mormon gets to rule their own planet?
Your idea of heaven is pretty boring, in fact I would go as far as to call it hell.
How will you spend eternity if theres no one left to judge?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join