It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK high school administrator shames female students with dress code, calls them ‘skanks’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I agree 100%.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
Just another article to force women to "cover up" and have to watch their movements and be limited in where and how they travel, and what they wear because this society is too lazy to teach men and hardcore butch lesbians not to cross into people's personal space. NO mean NO, penis or vagina people. What a woman wears should have no bearing on their intelligence.

You're kidding, right?
I mean, you must be.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
Just another article to force women to "cover up" and have to watch their movements and be limited in where and how they travel, and what they wear because this society is too lazy to teach men and hardcore butch lesbians not to cross into people's personal space. NO mean NO, penis or vagina people. What a woman wears should have no bearing on their intelligence.

Women?

These are high school kids

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Good thing this sup' wasn't around when I was going to high school...
If most of the girls even twitched...their a**es/panties would have made SkankTV's top-100...
...and my high school years would have been so much less entertaining...
Now - you can guess when that was...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
A degrading moral society that heightens sex instead of morals will always affect the young so believe that parents and education authorities have the right to voice their concerns.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

Moving a topic from a school dress code into a religious/cultural dress code should alarm. Many other cultures and religions (hindu woman etc) do the same so people get sick of hearing others parrot Islamophobia taught from media. If we want listen to that crap we just have to turn on tv. Stick to the topic.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
If a teenage boy unzipped his pants and took it out no one would be saying he was being shamed for showing his body.

There's a difference between shaming someone and expecting them to dress in a way not to cause a distraction.

I know many men on this thread are all for sexy dress at school and at work but I really think it's not because they feel women should be proud but it's because they simply see them as objects they like to look at.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
If a teenage boy unzipped his pants and took it out no one would be saying he was being shamed for showing his body.

Whoa...that's a pretty extreme comparison.

I know many men on this thread are all for sexy dress at school and at work but I really think it's not because they feel women should be proud but it's because they simply see them as objects they like to look at.

Riiiight...because we all know how females have no interest in looking at males they find attractive.

Did you even read the article presented in the OP?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This doesnt seem too odd. I mean just because i am used to odd dresscode rules that are really pointless. Calling them a skank is going too far but doesnt supprise me in the slightest.

originally posted by: olaru12
Personally, Iv'e always had a lot of respect for "skanks" in that they are not afraid to express their sexuality and their pride in being female.
I like that erotic style of fashion. If you got it....flaunt it!!
respecting someone for how they dress skimpy is as stupid as not respecting them for it.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Thats semantics and ageism. I personally dont use the term woman for anyone younger than mid 30 to 40.or so which is older than me. Some people use it on teenagers.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aural
Thats semantics and ageism. I personally dont use the term woman for anyone younger than mid 30 to 40.or so which is older than me. Some people use it on teenagers.

I'm raising a 14 year old. She is not a woman. According to Webster, the definition of woman is an adult female.

To me it is not semantics and I have a problem with someone thinking of a 14 year old as a woman.

I hope her high school has a dress code. This is on the Southern California beaches. They already wear practically nothing.

I think "skank" is a very good and appropriate word to make a point on the subject.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Sexualize young children then claim the society is a bad place. Making over exposing cloths norm will make other aspects associated with them the norm.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I'm sorry, did I fall into an alternate universe? What rock are you living under to think that if a boy yanks his dong out for all to see it's ok?! That's not ok, a teenage boy doing that is well into the realm of indecent exposure. How you came up with this as a parallel is beyond me.
edit on 8/25/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

My Femenist detector overloaded.

In what world? world of "all men are evil"?

Are you telling me women wear over exposing cloths to work and school are trying to be proud? or seeking recognition?

I can understand if women dress like a busines person. But over exposing cloths? lol

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

What is sexualized is in your mind. Its not clothes its the way one carries themselves. Its quite possible to wear skimpy clothes innocently. If someone does not have sexual intent then your mind is the one doing the sexualizing. Youre the one seeing them as sexual. Also its supply and demand. Clothes are made based on what people buy. Sure society influences what some people are drawn to but thats different subject and complex.

Adult is subjective terms that varries person to person and legal terms varries by region.

Im sure you yourself are thought of as a skank by religious muslims for not covering your hair. Different people have different ideas on what is acceptable.
edit on 25-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I'm sorry, did I fall into an alternate universe? What rock are you living under to think that if a boy yanks his dong out for all to see it's ok?! That's not ok, a teenage boy doing that is well into the realm of indecent exposure. How you came up with this as a parallel is beyond me.

Yep. My friends nephew was wearing his pants low. They slipped down. He wasn't wearing underwear. He got arrested and charged as a sex offender. Fortunately he was still a minor and it was a first offense. But, it cost his parents quite a bit in lawyers fees.

edit on 25-8-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought we went to school to learn... Not go trolling for weiners. That's all these girls are doing when they dress that way. Disrespectful and disgusting. And yes I feel pretty much the same way about boys with saggy breeches. Call me old fashioned.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: lonweld

It doesnt interfere with learning at all to let people dress as they like. If anything when school staff makes a big deal out of how someone dresses THAT is highly disruptive their overreactions.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aural

Adult is subjective terms that varries person to person and legal terms varries by region.

Im sure you yourself are thought of as a skank by religious muslims for not covering your hair. Different people have different ideas on what is acceptable.

I am not going to agree with you that it is OK or appropriate to call a teenage high school girl a woman.

Muslim? I don't know what Muslims think. But, not all Muslims cover their hair.

All conservative religious support modest clothing.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Aural

I see it as haveing sex in the public, its natual, but should it be okay in our society?

I dont see innocence in someone wearing underwear to school? would you be okay with that? I would definately feel discomfort.

Same as if a Sikh told me he has a Kukri blade in his waist line.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join