It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Journalist be required to stay out of danger?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

I have only met a handful of Special operators, I am just a lowly crew chief... but the few I have met and bs'd with over beers to a man they struck me as people that would have no problem getting on the helicopter and doing everything they can to rescue said reporter.

Then they would give him or her hell on the flight out, but they would do it without question... though they would gripe amongst themselves.

To me... even reporters are part of the whole... leave nobody behind... it may be an idiot head in clouds liberal hippie type... but they are our Liberal hippy head and the clouds type and nobody else should be trying to kill them.

That's my opinion anyways... that and a couple bucks will get you a cheap cup of coffee.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven
The more I think about this the more I am convinced we need to just learn to stay out of areas where we could be captured. We should teach this to our children in school.

If it were not for the two beheaded American journalist taking extreme risk to themselves and wondering around over in this Islamic war zone, we would not be about to enter another war where more of us can die and many millions will be spent. We could then instead protect America with that money from our borders and ports of entry, with our FBI and CIA.

We need to have a better system warning people of what places in the world they should avoid. In fact I would require Americans about to fly into a dangerous area to sign that they are aware they are traveling to a dangerous area if for no other reason than to raise their awareness and to cause them to consider their decision one last time. Think it as an awareness briefing and acknowledgment of the risk they are taking.

<< 1   >>

join