It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just....Stop.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
My guess is they became that way because many religious people have tried converting them that they got fed up and eventually their anger from religious people heightened.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

If a pizza place offered discounts to atheists...

It wouldn't bother me at all.

I was at a resteraunt that provided discounts to girl scouts...

My daughter is not a girl scout, so she didn't get the discount...

WOOPTY DOO! (Not the same thing, you say? Of course not... atheists are more important than anyone)

Atheists are self entitled brats.

You would have my children suspended for saying "bless you" to a damn sneeze.

And then force them to learn your theories over our beliefs, because you'll throw a fit like a 3 year old brat demanding cookies.
It really proves how shallow atheists are.

I as a christian have to put up with all these new laws that prevent me from exercising my freedom of religion...

And you still have the audacity to claim discrimination against atheists?

Yes, atheists are shallow...
But...

You are abysmal.

edit on 25-8-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
So...tit-for-tat...if an atheist is pissed that a religious person shows their faith, than can't a religious person be pissed that an atheist shows their lack of faith? Yeah...stupid. But consider this. If I stand on a corner preaching about god, is that any worse than someone standing on the corner preaching about not preaching about god? They are both pushing their beliefs...or religion.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
So...tit-for-tat...if an atheist is pissed that a religious person shows their faith, than can't a religious person be pissed that an atheist shows their lack of faith? Yeah...stupid. But consider this. If I stand on a corner preaching about god, is that any worse than someone standing on the corner preaching about not preaching about god? They are both pushing their beliefs...or religion.

No the accurate comparison would be a man stood on a street corner preaching and a man not stood on a street corner preaching.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople
a reply to: Kali74

If a pizza place offered discounts to atheists...

It wouldn't bother me at all.

I don't believe that for a second, but i'm pretty sure any business that did make such an offer for atheists would be receiving death threats and the like in short order...

I was at a resteraunt that provided discounts to girl scouts...

My daughter is not a girl scout, so she didn't get the discount...

I get the point you're attempting to make, but girls scouts are not the cultural divide that religion is now is it?

WOOPTY DOO! (Not the same thing, you say? Of course not... atheists are more important than anyone)

Oh no, youre one of those guys.......the Alex Jones/Bill O'reilly type....

Atheists just want to be treated exactly the same as everyone else, its christians and the like that want special privileges.

Atheists are self entitled brats.

Oh yep, definitely one of those guys.

You would have my children suspended for saying "bless you" to a damn sneeze.

....only after finishing eating all the babies.....

And then force them to learn your theories over our beliefs, because you'll throw a fit like a 3 year old brat demanding cookies.
It really proves how shallow atheists are.

If scientific theories threaten your beliefs, then that's your problem. Perhaps you should hold beliefs that are deep enough that they wouldn't be threatened by evidence taken from the natural world around us....

I as a christian have to put up with all these new laws that prevent me from exercising my freedom of religion...

Yeah sucks youre not allowed to discriminate against gays and women, hold slaves and stone children to death....

And you still have the audacity to claim discrimination against atheists?

11 things atheists couldn't do because they don't beleive in your god....

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
First...I'm not religious. But I have no problem with people speaking of God or practicing their religion. It doesn't affect me and therefore, isn't really any of my business or concern. "God" in my opinion, is whatever created life and eventually...us. Be it a comet, water, aliens, etc...I don't care. Therefore, anyone saying "I love FILL-IN-THE-BLANK because it gave me life" doesn't bother me one bit.

Why does it then bother an atheist? It is really simple. They HATE God or at least hate the idea that people believe in a God. Their goal isn't to shut religious people up, it is to stop religion. Any honest atheist would tell you that. Therefore, they simply want everyone to dis-believe what they dis-believe. I guess that would make them more important, part of the majority or something. Maybe those atheists that have a need like this (not all of them) should either get some self-esteem...or seek some help. "I don't wanna be part of the minority, so, I'm going to try to force you to believe as I do". Yeah...good luck.

I mean...get over it. Some people believe in a God. Big f'ing deal!
edit on 8/26/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sadly, I don't get to experience this delightful turn upon the religious because they're still the majority in this world and I rarely get to meet a fellow atheist that I know of. The Christians and others are everywhere and our society is steeped in their beliefs and power.

They advance in workplaces and politics and take truncated routes to education through their bible schools and colleges.

They relentlessly proselytize their dogma upon the 3rd world people and have done so for centuries.

Children are indoctrinated into their belief systems with no options otherwise.

They also are well known for shoving their religion down other's throats much more than I've seen take place in any atheist/believer debate.

If you haven't truly seen what the cult of Christianity can be like in the Southern states or many other places, you cannot begin to understand the oppression that they incur upon those not in their faith.

While I don't condone blind support, frivolous name-calling or unnecessary roughness in this much needed battle against ignorance, I am so happy that atheism is finally getting a voice and that truth is spreading.

And yes, they have earned every bit of this.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Dude, if you look anything like the guy on your avatar, they'll probably give you what ever they have for free....a reply to: Prezbo369

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Bravo to the OP. I know a lot of people of diverse religious backgrounds, including atheists, and because I find being judgmental is an impediment to progress I respect all of their beliefs. That being said I have been finding that as time goes on the atheists are much heavier with their propaganda and "preaching" as any devout religious person of any religion I know . What's most perplexing to me from my observations over the past decade is that the atheist brigade has a more red faced fury at any other belief system and seems more likely to explode into a barrage of belittling, bravado, and blind anger over anyone who may not be following their"church". They throw around tired old phrases about invisible men in the sky or whatever other derogatory term that may apply to whichever belief system has incurred their wrath.

Whatever anyone wants to believe should be fine, as the old John Lennon song goes"Whatever Gets You Through the Night..is alright"...I just don't think it's necessary to try to ruin everyone elses beliefs with petty name calling, and foolishness, whether you worship God, Satan, the Flying Spaghetti monster, Snake Plissken, or nothing if it makes someone a better person ..so be it. The aggression from some atheists and science worshipers(they seem to go hand in hand..once again so be it) can be a bit silly at times.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I believe in religious freedom, whatever you wish to worship or pray to that's none of my business. That being said I don't believe in organized religion for my own reasons. My best explanation for is that I believe in something, i'm just not entirely sure what that something is.

I feel bad when the Jahova's come to my door and I tell them I don't believe in god, they look so concerned for my soul.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Care to give a definitive definition for 'spirituality'?

Because I'm fairly sure that every single ATS member that has ever existed and will ever exist, will have a different definition for that word.....

I don't know about 'definitive' - I also don't think your assessment is completely accurate.

Spiritual = dealing with the Great Spirit, and the spirit that you are as well.

Spirituality is basically living a spiritual life, where you communicate with the Great Spirit, and recognize, appreciate and love the Creator as a living spirit that created you in a way that you are an eternal part of it, as it's also part of you. Basically, the spirit-deep realization, recognizing and understanding that you are in the Creator, and Creator is in you - that you two are intertwined - with all the consequences and implications that come from this realization and recognizing.

So, spiritual life is living with the Eternal Spirit that Created the Existence by forming it out of itself.. the implication being that every human being is also a spirit-spark, a part of this Creator that's also part of everyone. In fact, all existence is Spirit.

If one realizes that The Creator is Omnipotent, and that Omnipotence, almost as a side-effect or by definition requires also Omniscience and that requires Omnipresence, the only logical conclusion is that The Creator, as the Great Spirit, encompasses all existence, every single atom, and no one can escape the Hand that Created us.

Spiritual life is simply living in this understanding, using prayer to do good, cultivate and evolve as spirit so one may some day (or night, or point of timelessness) join back to the Ocean we've all been 'artificially separated' (the separation isn't real).

What I mean, is.. when you take drops of water from the ocean and place them on a table, you can clearly say that one drop is above some other drop, another drop is on the right or left of another one, etc. But if you return those drops of water back to the ocean, you can no longer say which drop is over, under or side to another. It's all just seamless 'Ocean' now, just water..

Ocean is the Creator, the water is the Spirit, and we are the water drops.

That's what spirituality is.

BY THE WAY!

I have always been a bit suspicious and thought it's pretty telling that there is _NO_ spiritual areas here.. no wonder this place is full of nihilists, materialists, atheists and other lost souls (I'd use the 'f'-word (no, not THAT one!), if it wasn't a bit insulting, but they're really pitiable entities in all their arrogance, rather than something to be hated) that don't know what their mouth (or collection of fingers) is saying..

Think about their embarrassment, when they're forced to face the truth. Maybe we can pre-pity them for that even before it happens..
edit on 26-8-2021 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join