It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just....Stop.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
These titles are just a means of categorizing and separating one another. Believe in what you want to believe in, for faith or belief is just a method to endeavor and empower yourself through times of struggle. And note, religion and having faith are two different things. I believe science is an evolved modern form of spirituality/metaphysics and has long forgotten it's other, and it could very well in some degree be used to explain the other but it being "science" it immediately dismisses that.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

As a Christian, I'm here to tell you that you know very little about my faith.

I do not believe in an invisible man in the sky. That isn't even close to what God is to me.

And simply asking forgiveness does not save you from anything.

Get your facts straight.

Christ was peaceful... if someone carries out wars in his name, then THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIAN!

I despise ALL war.

But you know more about it than I, right?

And they call us self-righteous...

edit on 24-8-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

What?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Everything goes over this ones head

Still have no valid points to make?

Still unable to show where I might be wrong?

GJ!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

I did make a valid point but I'll do it again so you can understand

Thecakeisalie posted
"The thing is that atheists and theists have more in common than they'd like to admit-both are stubborn, dismissive folk who would rather eat carpet than to entertain the idea that the other side might have a valid point. Atheists could learn a thing or two about the values that the bible teaches, and the devotees could learn a thing or two about scientific process."

Then you posted
"You're either one or the other.......as atheists are merely people that aren't theists.....

Now you can get down off your horse. "

So I posted "You do come across as stubborn and dismissive and as someone who would rather eat carpet than entertain the idea that anyone but yourself might have a valid point. You just played right into the posters hand on that one. That is priceless"

Proving you are stubborn, dismissive and you still can't accept I made a valid point.

Seriously you cant make this crap up

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Freedom of religion...

Problem?

Eat somewhere else... there are only 40 billion other pizza places.

Atheists sure are cry babies and self-entitled brats.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
I was an atheist as a teenager, but even as an atheist I wasn't filled with hostility and resentment against religion.
If someone tried to convert me I would argue back, but otherwise I was content to leave them alone.

I finally decided for atheism on Christmas Eve, in the middle of Midnight Mass.
A day later, on Boxing Day, the remarks I made in my diary included this obervation, which still strikes me as remarkably mature for a seventeen-year old;

The decision raises further problems. How far is it ethical, in arguing what one thinks is the truth, to raise doubts in a man’s mind and deny him the security he finds in his faith? Only a few people are actively doubting the validity of Christianity, most people will prefer to pay lip service to it whether they go to church or not. Whatever the sincerity, children are brought up in an atmosphere of Christianity if only that taught at school. If I had children, I would have nothing to fill that vacuum, and it would not do any good to confuse them with apparent splits between authority figures, myself and school. In fact, if their mother was a devout Christian, it would be better to leave them to be brought up that way, so that they could opt out later if they wanted to.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

Freedom of religion does not entitle you discriminate against others that don't believe the same as you do. You appear to be the self-entitled brat, I'm not even an atheist.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Conversely, can you prove that you are right?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fargoth
I did make a valid point but I'll do it again so you can understand

No you gave your opinion, you're opinion by itself is not a valid point. But I understand religious people confuse there opinion with facts...

Thecakeisalie posted
"The thing is that atheists and theists have more in common than they'd like to admit-both are stubborn, dismissive folk who would rather eat carpet than to entertain the idea that the other side might have a valid point. Atheists could learn a thing or two about the values that the bible teaches, and the devotees could learn a thing or two about scientific process."

Yep nothing but an opinion.....no valid points.

Then you posted
"You're either one or the other.......as atheists are merely people that aren't theists.....

Now you can get down off your horse. "

Yep and I stand by that post, logic 101.

So I posted "You do come across as stubborn and dismissive and as someone who would rather eat carpet than entertain the idea that anyone but yourself might have a valid point. You just played right into the posters hand on that one. That is priceless"

Proving you are stubborn, dismissive and you still can't accept I made a valid point.

Proving???? lolol you posting your opinion proves only one thing, that it's your opinion!

The fact you think that you posting your mere opinion makes it a valid point or it proves anything, without explaining anything, speaks volumes about your track of thought...

Seriously you cant make this crap up

Are you aware of irony?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

Freedom of religion...

Problem?

Eat somewhere else... there are only 40 billion other pizza places.

Atheists sure are cry babies and self-entitled brats.

You wouldn't make such a statement if the discount was for whites only........or maybe you would?

Were black people 'cry babies and self-entitled brats' for wanting an end to discrimination?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's weird that the only sources/news sites reporting this are right-wing or christian sites?
Doesn't seem like news anyway.
Seems a bit of a stupid gimmick to me but whatever.

Can't people just print/copy these and use them, Christian or not?

I understand the main point about What if it was a particular race getting a discount or a certain nationality only.
I say let the Pizza place lose all of their non-Christian customers and see where it gets them.
There must be better Pizza places around?
Or like I said, just scan loads of copies and hand them out to everyone, either way.

But it is a bit of a joke that they're only offering it to religious folks, more divisive crap from a religion.... big shock.
edit on 24/8/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So, if a private club refuses me entry because I'm not a member, they are DISCRIMINATING AGAINST me?

If if someone gets a discount from a coupon, and I have no coupon and have to pay normal price... I am being DISCRIMINATED AGAINST???

Are you sure you understand what you're saying?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Conversely, can you prove that you are right?

I did.....if you're not a theist.....if you don't accept the claims made by god.....you're atheist....just as people who do not collect stamps are not stamp collectors.....

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Read my last post.

Religion and race are two different things.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

Are you sure you understand anything at all?

If a private club refuses you entry because you are not a member, they are entitled to do so because they are a PRIVATE club and are not subject to the same laws that a public business is.

If you don't have a coupon you pay full price because it is not the business's responsibility to ensure that you have a coupon that EVERYONE has access to. However if you're not a Christian and don't have access to a church bulletin then you are being discriminated against.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Actually, most church bulletins are printed in the local news paper. They are to inform the public of the content of Sunday service or bake sale, barbecue, etc...
So pretty much anyone can get a copy.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
The group of people you're talking about aren't just atheists. They're anti-theists. There's a difference. Atheists don't usually go out of their way to do the things you're speaking of. Anti-theists on the other hand, look for these types of things.

Why? Because anti-theists see our world as having been under the rule and influence of aggressive, in your face religion(mainly christianity) long enough. As I've said previously. After 2000 years of aggressive christian expansion, the chickens have come home to roost. Being atheist in western society is still akin to what being gay once was, and still is to some degree. This isn't going away any time soon. In fact, I expect to see it get rather ugly at some point.

In my personal opinion, what's good for christianity, is no less good for the anti-theists in this world. If it's ok for christians to proselytize and be offended at every turn. Then it's ok for anti-theists to proselytize and be offended at every turn.

Now I'll get off my little soapbox and read the thread.

edit on 8/24/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I'm religious now? my avatar an inverted vitruvian man showing the wounds of christ. That is a mockery of religion.

Last I checked a point is not a fact, it is more of an opinion or idea.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well this thread is more about their right to believe that your choice to not believe. I'm wiccan. When someone says have a blessed day I return a blessed be. I get some strange looks. People have a right to freedom of religion. Same as you have a right to not have one. Stampped down? Yeah that sounds right... NOT...a reply to: Hushabye

edit on AMu31u0883459312014-08-24T10:59:25-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join