It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are still good people out in the world.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Society is such a mess and we are seeing the worst of people on display every day.

It's important to remember that there are good people out there.

Society is broken but people still show their best sides every day, in little ways that don't make it into the news.

Please remember it. Please take moment to think about it. In a way its all we have.

It's all we've ever had.

"...He never spoke with any bitterness at all, no matter how awful the things he said. Are there really people without resentment, without hate, she wondered. People who never go cross-grained to the universe? Who recognize evil, and resist evil, and yet are utterly unaffected by it? Of course there are. Countless, the living and the dead. Those who have returned in pure compassion to the wheel, those who follow the way that cannot be followed without knowing they follow it, the sharecroppers’s wife in Alabama and the lama in Tibet and the entomologist in Peru and the millworker in Odessa and the greengrocer in London and the goatherd in Nigeria and the old, old man sharpening a stick by a dry streambed somewhere in Australia, and all the others. There is not one of us who has not known them. There are enough of them, enough to keep us going. Perhaps."
-Ursula Le Guin

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KarensHoliday

Yeah... I hate that this world is upside-down and noone can fix this

Anyway,checkout this wonderfull youtube channel www.youtube.com...

More people like this one and this world would been a better place

Peace!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

There is one righteous person in Libya serving the people of that city. He is so amazing that he is the sole reason the entire cosmos is held into place. He is too egoless to understand the significance of his reality, but were he to be murdered, the entire multiverse would cease to exist. Funny huh? This is the message that many would like you to absorb on this planet. Find your own path.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I wish people would realize this and quit highlighting the minority of bad stuff that happens.

No offense to anyone but I consider places like New York city a cesspool and can't stand any big cities.

Even though we think places like New York and L.A. are crime ridden hell holes you have to realize that for every mugging or knock out game player or murder there are hundreds of thousands of good deeds or at least non events where people just go about their lives. But that one rape or murder gets the news and YouTube and facebook ect...ect...

Crimes, atrocities. police abuse and everything else is still very very rare when you look at the big picture. The vast majority of people are decent human beings.

Quit dwelling on the bad.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I like to think deep down people really do want to help others, especially when it is morally correct to do so.

During the floods here in 2011, I stood shoulder to shoulder with complete strangers from all walks of life who just wanted to lend a hand to those who had been affected. It really makes you think there is a little hope left.

The problem, to me anyway, is not so much the desire to help, but how that desire is perceived or interpreted by others.

Usually wanting to help is met with suspicion, doubt, or even hostility, due to the fact that for every person that wants to help these days, there are others who wish to exploit or even hurt others. It is a sad side effect of the way the world has become. We have become so ingrained to mistrust the intentions of others that it is hard to switch that mistrust off and accept sometimes people just want to help because they can.

I think we need to be the change in the world we want to see, not what the media wants us to believe, and the world could surely be better. Just my 2c.

edit on 24/8/2014 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I concur. Good people are out there waiting to be found or even to find us. About five years back I was working for a defense contractor in Maryland. One day on the way home from work my Tahoe ran out of gas and I ended up drifting down a dead end side street. While preparing for a long walk to a gas station an old Toyota sedan pulled up and the driver asked me if she could help. Well, she ran me all over the nearest town in search of gas bottle before driving me back out to my vehicle. Turned out she was a very recent Iranian immigrant. She did not know the area, or have any clue about the crime rate or local customs. Yet she went out of her way to take one heck of a chance to help a strange man. That experience will stick with me for a long time.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is a great video reminder of the good people can do.

You know where I find the good in people the most. From those animal and environmental activists. Why? Seeing humans helping those who cannot help themselves, or who can't ask for help by themselves is what I find truly remarkable, that's where I personally find my true kindness and compassion in people.

Thanks for the feel good video

With that I'd just like to promote 2 things

#blackfish
#taiji

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

It's the law of averages. I know there's great compassionate people out there. I see them every single day. I also know the riff raff is growing in number. Time for the MORAL majority to police their own.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This is why.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Because that sells. And it's become all about what sells. Too bad the prurient interest seems to override.

But this thread is a great example that there is still hope. The more people click on it and participate, the more we reinforce the OP's referenced quote from Ursula. And yes, there are still good people out there. Sometimes I think this is one thing that disasters like floods and hurricanes remind us of, because we must react to the immediate situation, and usually people come through for each other.

One selfless act at a time may be all it takes to save us.
tetra50

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I still love him.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hey, I'm quite sure you can have a lesson in forgiveness from Jean-Claude himself :

Source : JCVD
Video link : Youtube

We are all prophets, we can all inspire each other in a positive or negative way.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

join