It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran 72 virgins or the day of judgement? You decide

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

Deut 32:8 “When the Most High gave the nations their inheritance, When He separated the sons of man, He set the boundaries of the peoples According to the number of the sons of Israel.

The LXX says "according the Sons of God". I take that to mean angels. I think both translations are correct if you believe Israel was to replace the fallen angels.

Verse 17 uses elohim to identify demons as false gods.

Deut 4:19 "And beware not to lift up your eyes to heaven and see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, and be drawn away and worship them and serve them, those which the LORD your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole heaven.

Deut 4:19 confirms that demons have been given to the gentile nations.

I think my understanding of Psalm 82 has a more solid foundation. As Jesus pointed out, "the scriptures cannot be broken".

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I just started a thread on Angels and Daemons, feel free to discuss that here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24-8-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Again, my opinion. Deuteronomy 32:8 is yet another echo of earlier polytheism by Judaism.

Urgartic religion of the time that was contemporary, also makes note of this. YHWH is included as one god in a local tribal pantheon. Deut 4:19 reflects the local tribal disputes, and was probably edited in later for nationalism. What better way to galvanize the war spirit, than tell those going to war that they are "God's Chosen".

Christ was pointing out an error, and used it against the Pharisee's. He turned it against them to make his claim. The Pharisee's were the oppressors. It was mockery, not endorsement.

In the Old Testament, The Most High, El Elyon, gave "YHWH" Jacob, also known as Israel, his allotted inheritance. That is two different God's. The other 69 nations didn't count? All demons, right?

As my wife points out, when did the great "I AM" decide to be limited to just one name? Do you think YHWH is also the name of any other God's the universes inhabitants worship? What does 2 Cor 4:4 say about this world?

The claim of plurality is used in today rituals and "teachers" to hide the fact that redaction and editing to hide said polytheism, is still there. You need to look into the regional pantheon and religions at the time to get an understanding and mindset of the writers of the time.

We haven't even gotten into YHWH's first wife yet, the "Queen of Heaven", Asherah.
edit on 24-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Yes, I know things that you dont.

LOL, ditto, pal.
I know things that you don't.

Does that up set you?

NO, it doesn't upset me that you think you know about God.
Now, the fact that you think that anyone who doesn't subscribe to your version of "scripture" is going to hell - yes - it upsets me that you would tell people (especially little kids) that.

You wouldnt believe them if I taught them to you anyways.

Correct. Because you wrap it all up in your rigid "Christian" dogma, and think no one except those that believe what YOU believe are worthy.

So what's the point?

That you need to keep it private.
Thanks.
edit on 8/24/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I always wondered what grade those girls were in. I mean, is that like a middle school or something. Because let's face it, if there are ever 70 virgins of legal age on the planet the world will surely come to an end.

Unless they're males. Its easy to find men virgins.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: dollukka

Then they would be lying about their own Prophet Abrahams teaching of 1 God...

Not disagreeing with you but the authorities you speak of...

Abraham fought against the Pagan ideology of plural Gods...
Disputed this with the notion that there is but one Creator...
Jews, Christians & Muslims all follow Abrahams teachings!

That's why they are the Abrahamic Religions!

Speaking from an Islamic stance, The Quran specifically calls Jew & Christians "people of the books"...
The Torah & Gospel are holy in Islam...
The Quran is the final edition in scriptured form!

If it were truly the case that the Muslims followed Abrahams teachings there would be no Quran.....only Abrahams teachings.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

As my wife points out, when did the great "I AM" decide to be limited to just one name? Do you think YHWH is also the name of any other God's the universes inhabitants worship? What does 2 Cor 4:4 say about this world?

Just typical bull# designed to ensnare the weak. God "blinding" the minds of the unbelieving? That's just their way to trick people into thinking unbelievers are blind because of god, yet the complete opposite is actually true - they are not blind, they see religion for exactly what it is and that the false christian god has no power over them. Its the followers who are blinded by that god.

And the OP, spouting all that carrot and stick stuff. Its bull#. Someone leads a good life, but rejects god. They burn in hell until they accept him? Sounds outright evil to me. A god like that does not deserve respect or worship. Its nothing more than trapping people into a religion, for the benefit of the earthly leaders.

It amazes me with all the advancements humans have made, that people STILL insist on following ancient tribal gods. But saying that, there are still people who think the earth is flat. I guess there is no hope for the human race.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Firefly_

Just typical bull# designed to ensnare the weak. God "blinding" the minds of the unbelieving? That's just their way to trick people into thinking unbelievers are blind because of god, yet the complete opposite is actually true - they are not blind, they see religion for exactly what it is and that the false christian god has no power over them. Its the followers who are blinded by that god.

If you think about it blindness is a concomoniant of seeing all religions as basically the same, all notions of god ect. The purpose is to so muddle the thing up with so many versions of God that the true god cant be seen. The great conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

Abraham's teaching is faith. The same faith taught in the OT, NT, Koran, and every other major religious texts.

They all say the same thing, love for another and faith will save you. If they all teach the same thing about faith, maybe they all help each other, and the books don't stand against each other. Only the one's who claim to follow stand against one another.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

Faith is ignorance. Believing in something blindly, despite a complete lack of evidence, and even in spite of evidence to the contrary.

Abraham was willing to kill his OWN CHILD according to the tale. Anyone who did that now would rightfully end up in prison or hospital.

Just because a religion contains elements of truth - and it HAS to, in order to give the deception credibility (few will believe outright lies, but mix in the right amount of truth and people will fall for it a lot easier) - does not mean its divinely inspired, the right path, or anything.

The god in religion is the single most evil creation of mankind, ever.
edit on 28-8-2014 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Religion is the invention of men. The prophets did not invent religion. So the God's of religion are opposed to one God for sure. But the prophets themselves were not opposed to one God, nor were they opposed to the Holy Spirit.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

We are supposed to take the word of long dead people, with absolutely no evidence for their claims? Words written down many centuries ago, which have been edited to suit various political agendas throughout the ages? I can't tell you what to believe but if you think that faith is the right way of thinking, then I guess the word "ignorance" is not in your vocabulary.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I agree. I do not know why people insist on worshipping them either. They were violent God's, even by today's deviations.

It is quite easy to point out now, today. It is important to note, mainstream Christianity has a disbelief system attached to it. Geocentric views of reality is laughable today.

Fot the system to work, they assume you know about Christ, but reject him. Thus, locking in your view of reality to be in sync with theirs via deception. It's a confidence trick once you recognize it.

It falls completely apart, once you turn the tables. Make then prove the text is infallible first. And don't budge from the fact it is not infallible.

Last debate i got in with one of the pathological lairs turned into a waaaaaasah you have the internet, no fair thing. Claiming i hid behind someone else's work, as if the statement wasn't valid.

It is delusional. Some of them really should be physiologically evaluated.

We are what we worship, i choose to worship a God of love.
edit on 30-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

We are supposed to take the word of long dead people, with absolutely no evidence for their claims? Words written down many centuries ago, which have been edited to suit various political agendas throughout the ages? I can't tell you what to believe but if you think that faith is the right way of thinking, then I guess the word "ignorance" is not in your vocabulary.

I have read many religious texts and I have yet to find one that was created to do anything but teach and enlighten men. The followers have turned the words into a type of law and ritual, but the prophets did not teach these things.

The metaphors are hard for even scholars to understand, you think the man asking for your money has the secret knowledge?

If anyone had secret knowledge that would enlighten men wouldn't they give it away. You can't buy enlightenment, nor can it be sold.

This is not impossible, you can know there is something within you that drives you to have faith in love. If you can let go of ownership of the voice that is telling you to love, you can begin to understand that voice belongs to the Holy Spirit.

All the prophets talk about the light that guides man from within. The prophets don't disagree, only thier students disagree.

edit on 30-8-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

No-one is forcing you to follow anything.. I think people following their lying governments is also blind faith yet they are actually visible in the world.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Words are just words. They are spoke, written down, kept secret, used for personal gain and the forgotten.
Ideas are at the core of the words. They cannot be easily dismissed. (i swear this is not a batman speech)

I really do not care much for any religion in particular. What i do care are the ideas brought forth those religions.

Do not kill, steal, take advantage.
Live to better yourself and others.

George Carlin put it into a single idea - "Don't be a dick!"

Seriously, murder should never be even considered an option for crimes/justice. Sure there are really horrible things people do to each others. (I been round the internet). Humans are pretty much the only kind that kills each other.
Work camps and rehabilitation is the answer though.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join