It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most of what happens on this planet is being recorded.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: Rikku
i think your friend was lying. data storage from the 80s onwards you would need a small country to store all that info, and even today the best satelites will only have 1metre/pixel.

You think so? Take a look at commercial CCTV equipment and its storage capability. Storing Terabytes of data on one HD is easy.

I remember computer simulation UCOFT (Unit Conduct of Fire Trainers) back in the EARLY 1980's and they came with terabyte hard drives......

Compressing digital data onto hard drives. The military police use CCTV and have years of surveillance data on one HD! Now I know that data is nothing compared to recording the surface of this planet but it can easily be done.

CCTV is completely different because its a mostly static picture, hardly anything changes hence its easily compressed. Scanning the world at a resolution capable of seeing whether a person has shaved AND storing it would require the very best tech that we have now.

Try asking them to look at what happened to Maddy McCann. Should be easy if what your saying is true!

Really? You want me to ask my buddy to use government equipment in an unauthorized mission.

Can you hear me laughing?

Well, it was a case that was seen by the whole world, so why didn't they use it to find the girl? Why dont they use it to find missing troops, or find lost airplanes?
Your buddy is full of it..

I wish I could tell you but I do not know.

I even heard of a device that can pick up conversations from glass windows! Yep, we (Uncle Sam) has a device that you take into a room and it can record previous conversation stated inside that room. It was explained to me but I did not understand half of the tech talk - but windows can and do store audio info. How? I do not know.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

i think your friend was lying. data storage from the 80s onwards you would need a small country to store all that info, and even today the best satelites will only have 1metre/pixel.

You think so? Take a look at commercial CCTV equipment and its storage capability. Storing Terabytes of data on one HD is easy.

I remember computer simulation UCOFT (Unit Conduct of Fire Trainers) back in the EARLY 1980's and they came with terabyte hard drives......

Compressing digital data onto hard drives. The military police use CCTV and have years of surveillance data on one HD! Now I know that data is nothing compared to recording the surface of this planet but it can easily be done.

CCTV is completely different because its a mostly static picture, hardly anything changes hence its easily compressed. Scanning the world at a resolution capable of seeing whether a person has shaved AND storing it would require the very best tech that we have now.

Try asking them to look at what happened to Maddy McCann. Should be easy if what your saying is true!

Really? You want me to ask my buddy to use government equipment in an unauthorized mission.

Well, it was a case that was seen by the whole world, so why didn't they use it to find the girl? Why dont they use it to find missing troops, or find lost airplanes?

I even heard of a device that can pick up conversations from glass windows! Yep, we (Uncle Sam) has a device that you take into a room and it can record previous conversation stated inside that room. It was explained to me but I did not understand half of the tech talk - but windows can and do store audio info. How? I do not know.

Thats ancient, no different than the way vinyl records work, just measuring vibration. and no, the windows DO NOT store audio! Did you get that from your buddy too? How old is he?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Thats ancient, no different than the way vinyl records work, just measuring vibration. and no, the windows DO NOT store audio! Did you get that from your buddy too? How old is he?

Ancient? Not to me. You could of knocked me over with a feather when I heard this. OK the windows do not store audio.... if you say so I am not an expert on this subject just repeating what I have heard.

My buddy is 62 years old. He is a retired 0-6 from the Air Force and he works for NSA.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I bet his sphincter would operate if he heard you did this...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Well I did mention in my post above that he's full of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Gee, they even stick cameras up your a** now, so I'm not surprised by anything.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I don't think so he told me so many things that he has seen or experienced I thought I was in an episode of "The Twilight" with Rod Serling.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hello, Jesuslives4you:
Nice thread.
On another thread today about what's called the GB6, the Gulf Breeze 6, in the Aliens and UFO's forum, which is about six military intel soldiers going AWOL from their base in Germany to Gulf Breeze, FL and their belief in an end of the world story they came upon, allegedly (I know, it's a pretty far out there story, but it is Aliens and UFOs, after all, which has stories that naturally push the envelope), one of those men was quoted as saying that people who worked for the NSA had told him that intelligence was collected so they could "re-do" history.

Vance Davis was one of the GB6, and Phil Coppens did a piece on him. I will provide a snippet as a source for what I'm saying.

....As bizarre as the story is, there is an even more bizarre twist, which seems to highlight that if all of this is true, it can’t possibly be true for all soldiers or NSA personnel.

Davis claims that when he joined the NSA, he was “retrained in history”. He states: “What I learned was why history happened, who history was, why or when history was. The dates in the book are not all that accurate. Those are accepted dates not factual dates. To give an example. The founding of this country did not occur. The founding fathers were already meeting many years before the advent, the war against England, occurred. There was already a plan in place for the founding of new country. It was not just a spur because British soldiers shot someone or the stand-back. It was the series of events that happened over the period of 60 to 70 years. And they have been planning for the long time.”

Such teachings seem bizarre, if only because they serve no real purpose for NSA personnel, except to provide this recruit with a conspiratorial outlook on history.

DARPA is also interested in what they call "narrative collection," as well as having software which can analyze sp;eech patterns, use of language and writing styles to identify someone.

All of this, along with your information, would suggest what Coppens reported as authentic and true. And, in an effort to manipulate and redo history, taping every single thing on the planet 24/7 would certainly be necessary to the effort. Along those lines, as well, I really don't think the NSA is particularly interested in everyday crime. I don't mean to put it in such a callous manner, for it's pretty awful, but there it is, anyhow. That's not the purpose for their uber surveillance abilities. It would also be a sticky issue in any court proceeding, anyway, as to how the evidence was collected to make an arrest or make the case against a criminal. Also, they have no intention for the gen pop to know how high tech their capacities are.

A side note about this crime issue when a intel agency is surveilling for different purposes and gets, unintentionally, info about a crime:
There was a case in the city I live in where the FBI was surveilling a local cop who was engaged in big time coc aine trafficking. In the process of surveilling him, they overheard a conversation that ordered a hit on a woman who was a witness in a separate murder case.
The hit went down, the woman was killed, the murder case was over, and it came out later, after the cop was arrested and they had their case against him, that the FBI had known about a hit being ordered on the woman. All hell broke loose in the city in the sense people were horrified the FBI didn't stop the hit. First, they didn't actually know the location, they claimed. Second, it was loosely related to the cop they were after, and they claimed if they had stopped that killing, then he would have known about them watching him before they had enough evidence on him. Still makes me wanna cry. And yet I understand, because they had surveilled this cop for five years, and we're talking when he was arrested, a warehouse full of coc aine, and murder and prostitution and rape, involved.
Sad, sad story, but it illustrates the conflict.
Very interesting thread.

Regards,
tetra50
edit on 23-8-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2014 by tetra50 because: NSA story didn't copy

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
Hello, Jesuslives4you:
Nice thread.
On another thread today about what's called the GB6, the Gulf Breeze 6, in the Aliens and UFO's forum, which is about six military intel soldiers going AWOL from their base in Germany to Gulf Breeze, FL and their belief in an end of the world story they came upon, allegedly (I know, it's a pretty far out there story, but it is Aliens and UFOs, after all, which has stories that naturally push the envelope), one of those men was quoted as saying that people who worked for the NSA had told him that intelligence was collected so they could "re-do" history.

Vance Davis was one of the GB6, and Phil Coppens did a piece on him. I will provide a snippet as a source for what I'm saying.

............As bizarre as the story is, there is an even more bizarre twist, which seems to highlight that if all of this is true, it can’t possibly be true for all soldiers or NSA personnel.

Davis claims that when he joined the NSA, he was “retrained in history”. He states: “What I learned was why history happened, who history was, why or when history was. The dates in the book are not all that accurate. Those are accepted dates not factual dates. To give an example. The founding of this country did not occur. The founding fathers were already meeting many years before the advent, the war against England, occurred. There was already a plan in place for the founding of new country. It was not just a spur because British soldiers shot someone or the stand-back. It was the series of events that happened over the period of 60 to 70 years. And they have been planning for the long time.”

Such teachings seem bizarre, if only because they serve no real purpose for NSA personnel, except to provide this recruit with a conspiratorial outlook on history.

DARPA is also interested in what they cal "narrative collection," as well as having software which can analyze sp;eech patterns, use of language and writing styles to identify someone.

All of this, along with your information, would suggest what Coppens reported as authentic and true. And, in an effort to manipulate and redo history, taping every single thing on the planet 24/7 would certainly be necessary to the effort.

Very interesting thread.

Regards,
tetra50

Hi,

I remember that story! I live in Germany.

But I never heard of the interviews. Very interesting.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Where did you receive your satellite training at?

Were you a corporal in the Queens army giving out call signs for the radio?

So exactly what do you do for work? Do you work at Tesco? Definetly not MI5 or MI6.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Where did you receive your satellite training at?

Were you a corporal in the Queens army giving out call signs for the radio?

So exactly what do you do for work? Do you work at Tesco? Definetly not MI5 or MI6.

I dont need satellite training to know when I hear bs.
You admit that your not an expert, and just repeating what you heard, so maybe you just dont realise what your saying.
To scan the entire earth at a resolution capable of seeing human hair (you did say it could see if a person had shaved) would require tech thats only just becoming possible. Even now we are still talking about one pixel per meter! And thats just the camera side of it. What about the bandwidth to send all the data back? and what about the storage!!!!!
If it were capable of seeing human hair then we're talking about several pixels just to see the width of a hair, so just imagine how many pixels would be involved in just one meter! Now scale that up to the entire world!!

I'm sorry, but your friend is telling you porkies. Are you sure he's really nsa?

edit on 23-8-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

It's a very interesting idea and something which if not true is almost certainly on the brink of becoming true.

It would be a brave new world indeed if the past were never truly past and your comings and goings were more clear to strangers than yourself after just a few days of fading memory.

But it would be a world where Saddam and Bin Laden got hit for sure with the very first airstrike and a world where even if they wanted to hide their abilities, all bank robbers could have "accidents" before striking a second time. So I tend to think that the government encourages us to give them "too much mystery and power" as a skeptical street character I know likes to say when I suggest that the government is in any way powerful.

My suggestion in the face of such a possibility though is simple and counterintuitive, as many good plans are. Act a fool. Give them all the dirt they could ever want. Pee outdoors, go to places of ill repute of all kinds, say outrageous things, randomly do minor good or ill precisely because you do not feel like it at the moment and let everyone know. The open extent of your madness takes away the unknowns and renders you harmless (if you really are) despite any revelation that might otherwise cause people to wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes with you. You become beyond the lies or inuendos of a government presumed to be omniscient, you become beloved despite your faults, and if you do these things just for their own sake, up until the point they actually get inside your head you become randomized and hard to profile or predict from past observation.

Hunter S Thompson said of his curious presence near presidential candidates, which I don't think anybody would have expected to be allowed in retrospect,

No candidate will risk being linked with a "suspected" addict — but a registered, admitted addict is a whole different thing. As long as I'd confessed, I was okay. Nobody really cared about the countless criminal addictions that preyed on me day and night — just as long as I was not in denial. That was the key. As long as they knew that I knew I was sick and guilty, I was safe.

edit on Sat 23 Aug 2014 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
George Orwell Lived Here

Funny and Sad at the same time.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80
George Orwell Lived Here

Funny and Sad at the same time.

Just did a search on google, it seems thats a fake photoshopped picture.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk
Hey VoidHawk:
That OP's friend may be full of it or not, I don't know. But as to this:

To scan the entire earth at a resolution capable of seeing human hair (you did say it could see if a person had shaved) would require tech thats only just becoming possible.

it's patently untrue. I'll start looking for the links to back what I say up, but surely we all know they've got extremely advanced tech for a very long time….the information about it available to the public is nill. But they've had it a long time. They can make surveillance devices that look like insects, dragonflies, etc.

I hesitate to add this part before I find links, and I'm not a big Dan Brown fan, but in his book ""Deception Point," which is about Delta Force, the National Reconnaisance Office, the Space Frontier Foundation and the NSA with the background of the story being that some parties wish to privatize NASA, when a new scientific discovery is made.

In the first few pages, there is an author's note that all of the above organizations are real, and that the technologies described in the book, in fact, do exist. Copyright was 2001. Especially since the book is heavily based on very powerful agencies, I doubt he would make that claim if it were not true. Why invite the kind of scrutiny that would bring, if not true?

Now, to my point: the book describes (amongst a whole lot of other fascinating and scary tech, surveillance-wise) a sensor operated sonar system, existing all over this planet, even to the depths of the Black Sea, for instance, which is constantly monitored constantly by very secretive military special forces, such as Delta Force, and an offshoot of the NSA, so secret it doesn't even have a name, and those that have access to it, do not know whom the others are who have access to it. What is descrivbed there is that these sensors are absolutely everywhere, meaning the whole planet, even parts of Siberia, for instance, where no one lives, is monitored for activity. In unpopulated areas, such as parts of Siberia, the sensors are buried, but so sensitive that the human footstep is easily detected…..

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

I'm curious how a global sensor network like that would be maintained. For example if there were a forest fire, or a very large explosion, presumably afterwards there would be a few sensors to replaced. Could I camp out and marvel as the authorities miraculously appeared to remove me so that repair crews could go in unseen?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
Hey VoidHawk:
That OP's friend may be full of it or not, I don't know. But as to this:

To scan the entire earth at a resolution capable of seeing human hair (you did say it could see if a person had shaved) would require tech thats only just becoming possible.

it's patently untrue. I'll start looking for the links to back what I say up, but surely we all know they've got extremely advanced tech for a very long time….the information about it available to the public is nill. But they've had it a long time. They can make surveillance devices that look like insects, dragonflies, etc.

I hesitate to add this part before I find links, and I'm not a big Dan Brown fan, but in his book ""Deception Point," which is about Delta Force, the National Reconnaisance Office, the Space Frontier Foundation and the NSA with the background of the story being that some parties wish to privatize NASA, when a new scientific discovery is made.

In the first few pages, there is an author's note that all of the above organizations are real, and that the technologies described in the book, in fact, do exist. Copyright was 2001. Especially since the book is heavily based on very powerful agencies, I doubt he would make that claim if it were not true. Why invite the kind of scrutiny that would bring, if not true?

Now, to my point: the book describes (amongst a whole lot of other fascinating and scary tech, surveillance-wise) a sensor operated sonar system, existing all over this planet, even to the depths of the Black Sea, for instance, which is constantly monitored constantly by very secretive military special forces, such as Delta Force, and an offshoot of the NSA, so secret it doesn't even have a name, and those that have access to it, do not know whom the others are who have access to it. What is descrivbed there is that these sensors are absolutely everywhere, meaning the whole planet, even parts of Siberia, for instance, where no one lives, is monitored for activity. In unpopulated areas, such as parts of Siberia, the sensors are buried, but so sensitive that the human footstep is easily detected…..

Unless I'm misunderstanding your talking about an earth based system, and sonar would suggest its audio not video. If thats the case its not what op is describing.
OP is saying that the entire earth is being watched by a system so capable that it can even tell if you've shaved today. Running 24/7 since the 80's and they can just type in any date and location and take a look at it.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Why do you have to let the Truth get in the way of a Good Story?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dingo80
Why do you have to let the Truth get in the way of a Good Story?

Because I was curious about that HUGE cable coming out the side of the camera

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Dingo80

Amen. There's a great big reality right behind my tiny little phone and I'm not looking. I wanna see the past or at least an even more ironic present.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join