It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carl Johan Calleman and his Mayan 2011 theory, NOT 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The first article about October 28, 2011 holds the bulk of his reasoning (link: www.experiencefestival.com...).

Another equally compelling reason why December 21, 2012 cannot be the true date of completion of creation is that this day is 4 Ahau in the tzolkin count. Since the Long Count consists of exactly 7200 tzolkin rounds then the true end of creation must fall on a day that is 13 Ahau in the tzolkin count so that the tzolkin rounds even out. If we want to find out what is the real date of ending of the creation cycles we must therefore look for a day around the year 2012, which is 13 Ahau in the tzolkin count. The inscriptions in Palenque, written about a thousand years later than the Long Count was devised in Izapa, seem to indicate that the date of relevance is October 28, 2011, which in fact is 13 Ahau in the tzolkin count.

There are more articles at: www.experiencefestival.com...

What I think is interesting about this is that, even a simple search for 2012 is beginning to turn this man up. I was doing some random google searches for research for my novel and I first learned of this. Mathematically speaking, the Mayan calendar is interesting enough. It strikes me as odd that every site that I see when I go looking for more information, the only source cited is this Carl Johan Calleman (www.calleman.com...). It seems impossible to find an unbiased source of info on this guy. OUtside of this guy, I've not heard of this October 28, 2011 theory. Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
This is indeed interesting, as a kid I was always saying things like something big was gonna happen in 2011-2013...I don't know why I said it, I just wanted to be weird I suppose but it's quite eerie now...

Is the end of the cycle a good or bad thing? generally speaking?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Generally speaking, according to the Mayans, it is a "natural" thing, which is both good and bad - like birth and death, winter and summer, and all that.

Zip

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
so what exactly would happen if it is the end of the cycle??

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Mayan calendars are based on cycles. Picture a galaxy, slowly rotating, with individual solar systems rotating within the galaxy, with individual planetary systems slowly rotating within the solar system. Timne is not linear, but cycles within cycles within cycles

each represents a different cycle of Mayan time. Some are 54 years, 17 years, etc.
When one cycle ends, another begins. Nothing is going to happen in 2011-2013 other than death and taxes.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The whole kaffufle started because the Mayan Calendar that we know doesn't appear to have dates listed past a certain point. They divided things up into a number of cycles, and there was a new 'age' when these cycles all lined up, every 7000 years or someodd, I'm not sure of the exact times.

The first age they labelled as the age of man's birth, where he began his journey and knew little, the second was where he advanced and gained knowledge, the third, which they were in, and we are now in, was the age in which civilization was built and man 'matured' - they never really set anything out for the next age, likely because it was almost a 1000 years away when they stopped making their calendars. I've heard that the age beyond was labelled 'The Age of Aquarias' - essentially, they didn't actually use Aquarias, as it's an Indo-European term.

It's all very confused and there is no actual authority on this subject. So much has been said and speculated upon, and so many lies and exaggerations have been told, upon which theories were built, about which lies were told, which were then exaggerated, when more theories were built on that.

Bottom line: we've gone from the fact that the Mayans didn't chart time beyond the end of the age that they were in - likely out of a religious taboo about predicting their future, to the idea that Jesus is going to return while the earth is smashed by asteroids during the apocalyptical spiritual revival-death of armaggeddon, in which the anti-christ also rises and god comes to earth and aliens reveal themselves and we blow ourselves up and Planet X flies past. It's all bull#.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This video explains the historical correlations relating to the Mayan Tzolkin. It's very interesting, keep an open mind.

Tzol kin Calender

[edit on 1-7-2007 by wingman77]

[edit on 1-7-2007 by wingman77]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is the same date that D4rk Kn1ght had said that all hell would break lose. Is this a coincidence or what. In DK's thread he writes about all kinds of weird sitings in the sky. Now another source seems to think that the mayan calendar will also end on this date. Could be that the passing of our solar system through the central plane of the Milky Way may leave us with one hell of a light show during that time

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The 2012 Mayan Calendar predictions are totally made up , mostly to sell books , Their long count calendar comes to an end on 2012 but like any other calendar it goes back to the beginning again and so starts another long count till the next end date several thousand years from now.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The actual date is of little importance. The changes have already started, and will continue too accelerate up until the zerotime.

The 2012 Mayan Calendar predictions are totally made up

Such an ignorant statement will do nothing but attract laughter. The Mayans to this day, are still the most accurate star watchers. They were able to predict Eclipses etc to within an error of 33 seconds..

They also understood more about reality than mainstream science can imagine right now, for with an understanding of consciousness comes an understanding of the "whys" of your own, and others existence.

2012 is real..

The "End times" in the Bible are merely reworded around the 2012 shift, as are many other religious endtime predictions. Various indigenous peoples have predicted 2012 on their own, completely seperate from others or sources which mite have had a subconscious influence.

There will come a point very soon when no man will be able to deny it.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
People believed 2000 was going to bring mass chaos and the breakdown of society but nothing happened so the focus switched to 2012.T

The Mayans were exceptional star gazers and made accurate calendars plotting the cosmos several thousand years in advance but just because their longest running calendar comes to an end on 2012 means nothing.

Our own calendar ends on 31st December then resets to Jan 1st. I dont see anything happening now that hasnt happened throughout time , earthquakes , famine , war and climate changes have always been with us and always will be.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There are so many things being said on this thread that are being presented as 'facts' as to what the Mayans did and did not believe and/or say. Some of you people need to read beyond ATS threads before you post something as fact. There is a great deal more to the Mayan calendar than I believe some of you are aware.

There are many things going on that culminate in the 2012 neighborhood. Here is a list of just some of them:

Cycles

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
People believed 2000 was going to bring mass chaos and the breakdown of society but nothing happened so the focus switched to 2012.

Only because 2000 is a significant number in our Gregorian calendar, which is nothing more than a rip off really. The elite wanted us to be afraid of the year 2000, not because there was anything special about it.

Originally posted by The_Coo
The Mayans were exceptional star gazers and made accurate calendars plotting the cosmos several thousand years in advance but just because their longest running calendar comes to an end on 2012 means nothing.

No, it does mean something. The Y2K was based on nothing but a fear of computers and our own technology, but 2012 is based on astrological alignments, and completion of various cycles.. which is something to take more seriously than some idiotic theory about computers not being able to understand "00"..

2012 is the end of time. Humans create time. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I thought 2012 was the end of the fifth Mayan "long count," and that they were 5200 years long each.

What struck me about that was 5 x 5200 = 26000, and wasn't that about how long the earth goes between ice ages?

It may have much to do with magnetic field flux and pole shifts.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The Mayans were Superb Astronomers & Mathematicans. Their Calendars are MORE ACCURATE than the Gregorian we use today. Because they were exacting, acute observers of the passage of TIME and the CYCLES of the stars & Natural RHYTHMS, Their "Calendar" should be more accurately be called a "Time Extrapolation Computer". By measuring the Motions,Patterns, & Locations of Heavenly bodies; They could determine in ADVANCE when to plant,Eclipses of the Sun & Moon and Favorable Weather for trading,Fishing, and War. They themselves set the BEGINING of their "ORIGINS" at 8-14-3114 B.C. which is also the Start of Recorded History---Egyptain,Sumerian,Indus,& Chinese civilizations---HOW did they KNOW THIS ? This date starts their "4th Age" which as everyone knows will END on 12-21-2012A.D Warning: The Mayans NEVER PREDICTED the "End of the World" just the end of the Period we live in. What will Happen if ANYTHING on the latter date? Well, Historians have ONLY 4 Codexes/Books left from the Hundreds the Spanish in their ignorance burned----IMHO,It's only a FRACTION what we know what THEY REALLY KNEW. The Mayans said it will be the "BIRTH" of a New age for men-Contractions will Speed up and it will be "Painful" in some ways. Creation itself will not be Immune to the Change. So WHAT can WE EXPECT? Not what we think is going to happen---But what WILL HAPPEN-SOMETHING SO NEW that we won't have a Clue. HOLD ON for the "TRIP" of Mankind.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Why all the fuss, all the flesh returns to earth or fire eventually, more important than when your death will occur, is where you will go next.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Coo

This post is false.

The ancient Maya understood this 26,000 year cycle to be specifically composed of 5 lesser cycles, each 5,125 years each. Each of these 5 cycles was considered its own World Age or Creation Cycle. As depicted on the familiar, circular MesoAmerican Sun Stone, (often called the Aztec Calendar) each Creation Cycle is said to have been ruled and destroyed by one of 5 elements. Specifically, 4 Jaguar, 4 Wind, 4 Fire, 4 Water.

Our present great cycle (3113 B.C. - 2012 A.D.) is called the Age of the Fifth Sun. This time period is ruled by 4 Earth. This fifth age is the synthesis of the previous four. 4 Earth (called Caban in the Maya language and Ollin in Aztec) has several meanings, including: movement, shift, evolution, earthquake, navigation, synchronicity, clue tracking, and turtle. In the Maya language, the word "ol" of ollin means consciousness.

The end of the Long Count does indeed occur on 12.21.2012.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by Tgautier13]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

26 thousand years is processional cycle. This may tie in neatly with the western astrology definition of moving into the Age of Aquarius; this, though, is not what was being tracked by the Maya. They used 13 constellations instead of 12, effectively ruling out that theory.

Instead, we believe the Maya were reffering to the 36 year cycle of galactic alignment. The Galactic Alignment "zone" is 1998 +/- 18 years = 1980 - 2016. This is "era-2012."

Los Angeles, Alta California - October 18, 2005 - (ACN) On March of this year, physics professor and astronomer Scott Hyman of Sweet Briar College made a startling announcement. Dr. Hyman and his colleagues wrote in the science journal Nature that they had detected something very extraordinary at the center of our Milky Way Galaxy. While analyzing low frequency radio wave images taken by the Very Large Array telescope at Socorro, New Mexico in 2002, Dr. Hyman and his his fellow researchers detected an intermittent signal that seemed intelligently directed. The signal consisted of five highly energetic radio emissions of equal brightness that lasted 10 minutes each and appeared every 77 minutes over a 7-hour period from September 30 to October 1. The discovery has left Professor Scott Hyman and the entire astronomy community "scratching their heads".

Currently it is theorized amongst some scholars that these intelligent radio bursts either began 26,000 years ago in accordance with the beginning of the Long Count, 1980 in accordance with the beginning of our galactic alignment, or 1998 when the sun was directly centered with the galactic equator.

new topics

top topics

join