It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Albert Einstein to Noam Chomsky: Famous Jews who have opposed Israel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Having read a thread recently on some of the myths regarding Palestine and Gaza, I thought I would share this article on a common myth on Zionism, namely that all Jews support Israel which then leads of accusations of anti-semitism for anyone who criticises it.

For some this may come as no surprise, but I think this is an important article showing that Zionism is just a Jewish movement rather than being on the same level as being Jewish itself. The article cites a number of famous Jews in the past and displays their opinions on the conflict and two-state solution, some names include Freud, Einstein, Chomsky, and Henry Seigman.

ON 9 AUGUST 2014, 150 000 protesters marched in London in solidarity with the people of Gaza who were suffering a barbaric assault by Israel which had killed over 2000 people, most of them civilians, and over 400 of them children.

Numerous Jewish groups joined the march. They marched as Jews to show their opposition to the state of Israel, which for 66 years has endlessly stolen Palestinian land and imposed the most brutal occupation and siege on Palestinians. Jewish marchers saying "not in my name" included, the Jewish Bloc, The International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network, Jews for Justice for Palestinians and Jews Against the war on Gaza.

These Jewish marchers were part of a long and honourable tradition. Many prominent Jewish figures over the past century -- from Albert Einstein to holocaust survivor Primo Levi -- have opposed the idea of an ethnically exclusive Israeli state

Albert Einstein: "The (Israeli) state idea is not according to my heart. I cannot understand why it is needed. It is connected with many difficulties and a narrow-mindedness. I believe it is bad."

Sigmund Freud: "I concede with sorrow that the baseless fanaticism of our people is in part to be blamed for the awakening of Arab distrust. I can raise no sympathy at all for the misdirected piety which transforms a piece of a Herodian wall into a national relic, thereby offending the feelings of the natives."

Noam Chomsky: "In the Occupied Territories, what Israel is doing is much worse than apartheid. To call it apartheid is a gift to Israel, at least if by "apartheid" you mean South African-style apartheid. What's happening in the Occupied Territories is much worse."

Henry Siegman, Rabbi and director of the U.S./Middle East Project: "Israel has crossed the threshold from ‘the only democracy in the Middle East' to the only apartheid regime in the Western world."

Rabbi Michael Lerner, editor of Tikkun Magazine: "If a Jew today goes into any synagogue in the U.S. or around the world and says, 'I don't believe in God or Torah and I don't follow the commandments,' most will still welcome you in and urge you to become involved. But say, 'I don't support the State of Israel,' and you are likely to be labeled a 'self-hating Jew' or anti-Semite, scorned and dismissed."

Famous Jews who have Opposed Israel

Additionally this article from Vice shows the sentiment of some British Jews against Israel as they waged their own march in London against the country.

“The direction in which Jewish and Israeli people are going in is terrifying,” said Dan Nemenyi, one of the younger demonstrators in the bloc. “The Jewish establishment in Britain remains as right wing as ever, and still holds power over schools, synagogues and the representation of the community. In Israel a solution needs to be found for the situation of the Palestinians. But the response is full military occupation and war whenever it’s needed.”

Not All Jews Support Israel

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

1948 - The Birth of Terrorism in the Middle East.

And they knew it also.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well, that's also a list of great "Pacifists" once you drop the "Jew" from their title.

I'm honestly 2 sided on the subject, because I do hear what these men are saying, personally i'd never live in that region so I can't be a liar, i'm not going to be "fighting" for Israel anytime soon, I'd agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment that the British formed Israel for dubious reasons and it's existence would be bad news...

But then there is the other side of the coin

Why was Israel formed?

It's hard to discount the many things I have read in regards to the World Wars having been planned in advance for various purposes particularly with many statements written well before the World Wars happened.

The "Use" of "Zionism" to end Islam on the road to Global governance. Let me quote Albert Pike:

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

Now... this Luciferian junk ...I just don't know, but it seems apparent the formation of Israel and goals working against modern religion were at play a century ago.. for whatever reason. There is plenty out there to indicate this as having some basis in reality.

So... what's the real goal here? It's not the destruction of Judaism per say, a non converting force. Something created from within it, Zionism... to destroy Islam. As part of a greater plan to eliminate wide spread organized converting religion.

Why? Is the Luciferian aspect of this "real" in any way? I kind of doubt that, maybe an analogy? maybe they feel the masses need some kind of faith and just invented that nonsense... "light bringer" Light...the light bulb, science and order and government? I don't know...

I know this... Organized religion has been a god damned pox on humanity, Can I envision a world in which 1.5 Billion converters of Faith hold sway in a global government? hell no...

So this debate, Israel and Palestine... will I actually see Humanity leave Earth, even survive and flourish in a modern era while organized religion holds power even as is 2/5ths of the planet? No, I know I wont, the basics of these beliefs are medieval at best, anti freedom, opposed to the rule of rational law, anti progress...

So I ask myself this....

Isn't then Zionism doing it's job? Discounting the Luciferian aspect of this as anything more than a farce in essence and acknowledging that some group realized early on religion would doom us... being first and foremost a man of science a progressive in thought I can say and be honest.... religion scares the crap out of me, not just for myself but for the whole human race (i'd also say this is one hell of a fracked up plan to eliminate it in fairness) but also that it is eliminating something that has seen my people, scientists, geeks, knowledge seekers, progressives, killed a dozen different way for centuries and centuries...

Why then should I oppose Zionism?

In the end... without it i'm basically a dead man for sure, if the plans Pike speaks of didn't come to pass, the books I love are burned, my career in science is at best non existent, freedom for women as a start is a non entity, progressive thought vanquished... likely, if Christianity and Islam retained power... I wouldn't be here.

So if this is all about the end of modern religion, why would I oppose it?

I suppose the real answer pro or con would lay within a single question.... What is Luciferianism really? Is it the representation of an idea? Or just a new group or nutters that actually believe in some moronic deity and i'm looking at just another group of rabid nut cases?

At a core as a philosophy I believe in en-LIGHT-enment, knowledge, rationality. If this is simply what the purpose of this is meant to be, "the "light bringer" as a symbol for getting past superstitious bs it would indeed be very hard for me to champion the cause of "believers" against the purpose of Zionism even if the methodology is rotten as all get go.

Because sorry but... by belief in that region, I'm a dead man, an infidel, a non believer, my very way of life is simply not allowed on many levels and as Tyrion said in GOT "I Like Living"

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don like the KKK... Or the EDL...
Doesn't mean I hate white people...

I don't like the Orange Order...
Doesn't mean I hate Protestants...

I don't like IS...
Doesn't mean I hate Muslims

I don't like Zionists...
Doesn't mean I hate Jews...

It's easy to label us racist anti-Semites....
Palestinians are Semetic people as well...
& I pray for them everyday!!!

Great Thread S&F!!!
edit on 22-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

top topics

join