It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Level of Bull# Or The Same Old Poop Loop?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

There is a lot of talk about bull# these days and some seem to think that we have achieved a new level of it.

But have we?

“Thet there is some bull#.”, it's a simple phrase that is roughly analagous to the British “That's a load of old bollocks”, or the Swahili “Unatombwa na farasi!”, It means an extra layer of crap added to the hearty helping of doo doo that life already dishes out all by itslef, with no assistance from anyone.

Like #-icing on a #-cake, that's what bull# is and, Ironiclly enough, the easiest way to get a quick list of the different flavors of #-icing is to look at the American Bill of Rights. Surely, the guys that wrote that up were thoroughly schooled in bull#, and had tried to enumerate its ways so that the bull#-tide could be turned.

We can see that bull# is a known entity: it has been identified. People know bull# when they see it because bull# has always been bull# for as long as man has cried out for justice, and even if they have never seen that particular form of bull# before, they had some relative that had seen it and had informed the young ones; like with The Great Depression, or disco.

And so this is how bull# became known as “The same 'ol bull#”, which is the true name of bull#, as bull# travels in a loop; a continuous loop from the time of ancient Gilgamesh.

In order to be able to say that we have achieved some mythical “next level of bull#”, one would have to believe that there is some heirarchy of bull#: some tower of bull# with higher and higher levels to be attained, but there is not. We know that there is only “the same 'ol bull#”.

This feeling of upward momentum, of moving from one level to another, has been falsely created by how our networks have worked as a sort of bull#-acceleratror. Not only are there just simply more eyes on the bull# and more voices with the ability to quickly “tweet” about it, the bull#ters themselves have co-opted the medium for the dissemenation of custom-made designer-bull#. But it's still “the same 'ol bull#”.

This intensification of the bull#-signal is not an indication of movement from our current level of bull# to another, it is just an intensification of “the same 'ol bull#” within the same old bull#-loop. In fact, where we have found ourselves is trapped in a Strange Bull# Loop.

A strange loop, technically called tangled hierarchy consciousness, arises when, by moving only upwards or downwards through a hierarchical system, one finds oneself back where one started.

Strange (Bull#) Loop

That's all we are collectively and as a whole: a tangled mass of self-referencing relationships that give the illusion of several thousands of years of progress; it's a closed loop, and it is very strange indeed. We are able to figure out all sorts of difficult engineering problems but when it come to figuring out ourselves it's anyone's best guess; ergo the bull#.

See here's the deal: nobody knows what the hell is going on, so that pretty much eradicates the possiblity of us having achieved some “next level” of bull# because that would mean that someone would have figured out the old bull# and that's how we can tell it's just “the same 'ol bull#”.

And so I challenge this idea of there being a “next level of bull#”, or any real heirarchy of bull# at all. It's just “the same 'ol bull#, different day”.

Thoughts?

edit on 21-8-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

You can't use potty words in a thread or thread title.

Change it quickly or else the thread will end.

Just a small piece of advice. Will comment if the thread stays up.

Edit to add;

See that the title has been changed.

Life is a constant struggle against bullpoop.

Leaders, politicians all thrive on it.

Discerning the truth through it all is the real quest.
edit on 21-8-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I will read.

But you do know you flat out titled "bullsh!t" right?
Then hash# everywhere else..

I thought we couldn't swear?

edit on 21-8-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

You didn't leave much room for thoughts, Bybyots.

S&F

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
HAHA LMFAO!
I see you caught that and changed the title!

Or was that by design?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Thanks Friend,

You know I was on that like a praying mantis on a head.

I'm looking forward to your comments.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Everyone loves their own brand.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Wholeheartedly agree.

I would add though that often the "same ol bull#" is in fact regurgitated bull# with a fresh sprinkling of bull# to camouflage the original ol bull#.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

1. OK read the thread

2. Applied my test meter to it

3. This is what I got

Edit - this was a joke, no panty bunching!

edit on 206pm3030pm102014 by Bassago because: clarification

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I firmly believe that the world needs bullshiite to keep the earth rotating about it's axis. It's like fuel of some sort. It's probably the only fuel that we will NEVER run out of. Everybody produces bullshiite. Some of it prettier than others, some of it funnier than others, some of it even more dangerous than others... but it's all still bullshiite.

Put some fuzzy baby buggy bumpers on it, it's still bullshiite.
Put it on a Spirograph with pastels... Yep... still bullshiite.

Dress it up or dress it down... still bullshiite.

They key is to be able to distinguish what kind of bullshiite is being thrown at you and what kind of bullshiite you are throwing at everyone else. Buy the bullshiite that helps you sleep better at night and flush the rest. It's a losing battle and if you have to buy it? You might as well buy the best kind.

It's the new crypto currency.
edit on 8/21/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

SSDD.. SBSDD?

You know how in Ghostbusters II there's the river of slime flowing through the sewer (Psychomagnotheric Slime Flow) that's powering all the bad s#? That's basically the Internet and the slime is the bulls#.
edit on 2014-8-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I think ATS has brought this s# on itself this time.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Thoughts?

I think it's Genius.

But also Bull#.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: beezzer

I think ATS has brought this s# on itself this time.

Holycrud! If I could give you several stars I would! But I can only give you one.
My all time fave!
He always called the BS..

Off to the interweb of George!
Never failed to make me laugh and think!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well hey,

Never let it be said that I am not closely acquanted with bull#. I have been a connoisseur of bull# from a very early age.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

" I shall sacrifice a thousand bulls in your honor "

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

S+F. So what came first; the chicken or the egg?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I find that it makes excellent compost for my gardens.
I try to use it in any positive way possible. I just don't like the thought of it hitting the fan.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

So what came first; the chicken or the egg?

That's the $64,000.00 question isn't it? I think about it a lot. The best I can imagine is that when a new level of bull# is achieved, it won't be called bull#, there'll be some new word.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Bull#it: The new mascot of ATS.

Even better, NEXT LEVEL bull#it! Takin it up a notch like Emeril Lagasse: BAM!!!

There's a thread about a war: Ahhh bull#.
There's a thread about the Doors: Ahh bull#.
Here's one with UFO's: Ahhh bull#.
Radiation up your nose: Ahhh bull#.

Come on now, you all know the chorus!

Obama's wife is a man: Ahhh bull#.
The economy's in the can: Ahhh bull#.
I don't like this poster's views: Ahhh bull#.
He gives me bull excrement blues: Ahhhh bull#.
All this bull#, I'm irate!!!!: Ahhh bull#.
I need to set everyone straight!!: AHHH BULL#!

Yay ATS!

OP, my dear sir, I'm afraid you are also full of bull#. That is not a picture of bull# you have posted. That, sir, is an enormous pile of dinosaur #. Please stick with the program or I'm going to have to go on an epic rage about all this bull# you keep posting.

edit on 23-8-2014 by BridgebyaFountain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join