It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any flight experts have any idear what i saw? very quiet, low altitude, high speed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So i finally saw something that gave me goosebumps and rendered me complete speechless and stunned.

let me just start by saying there was once a point in my life when i was still messing my pants that the only words i knew were Momma, Dada, and Air show Air show!! my parents have been taking me to air shows and ultralight fly ins since i was a newborn. every plane that i would see fly over i would look up and scream "AIR SHOW AIR SHOW!!!" for years after that. I've been studying planes and the different technological eccentricities of our history that make up who we are today.

Now I've told you guys before i live right under the main flight line for bishop international airport and planes go over my house at under 1000 feet sometimes, well my parents live directly under this exact same line just 10 miles further out then me. i was headed over to their house to pick up my daughter and when i got out of my truck i heard that ole familiar sound of an airliner/delivery jumbo jet pushing the throttle for that big climb to cruising altitude. around my parents house several times a day you can yea that *PCHcHGHGHCHHCHCHCHGH* (high altitude plane noise) rumbling away.. no big deal...

this all went down at night just to add.. just after sun down.

WELL when i looked up and saw the little blinking light of a plane at at least 20,000 feet the sky just looked crystal clear and beautiful so i started looking around. suddenly some movement caught my eye to the north west. 3 lights come directly at me AND FAST!

from the front i couldnt tell the colors on the middle light, it just kinda had an orangish normal burning lightbulb color to it. the 2 outer lights (which i assume were wing tip by the distance from the middle light) were very feint and had a dimming quality to them. If anyone here has had an extremely powerful subwoofer and amplifier combo in their car with out proper capacitors you know what I'm talking about. it looked like something was drawing on the power of the lights. i doubt this was the case just using it as an example for how it looked. this dimming was very very subtle but it was pretty obvious compared to the stars around it.

well now I've spent 10-15 seconds staring at this and its about to crest over my head maybe 5-10 degrees off. this is when i noticed the full moon and realized this sucker was gonna just about pass between me and the moon. if i acted quick i probably could get to the perfect spot. i took off. ran a good 40 yards and jumped a fence in the parents back yard and i realized i wasn't going to get the whole thing between the moon and me. i actually was very disappointed and though i was going to miss the whole thing all together. well as the one "wing light" passed just short of being washed out by the moon i noticed a very thin wing tip. a reaper drone came to mind immediately also had thoughts of the U2 at first glance.

well i was pretty tired and actually a little stunned that i saw a wing tip when i thought the wing light was to low under the moon for me to see any thing. i stopped and wouldnt you know it was was standing on the big circle patio me and my father made.... and guess what... we aligned the design to north, east, south, and west with smaller markings at the north east, south east, south west, and north west, points. basically a big stone circle compass.. handy.

well at this point the Plane (definitely an airplane of some sorts) was past the point it was even with me (bout when i saw the wing tip) and it was now headed away from me. this is when i saw the most stunning part of the whole thing... remember the dimming lights from the front.. well on the back it looked like something out of close encounters of the third kind... not the crazy space ships but the spotlights they used to communicate. it was stunning how bright the lights were and the pulse had a very organic feel. it was a very soothing rhythm and would FLASH and then slowly dim at a progressively faster rate then FLASH! bright again. from behind the center light had a greenish blue coloration and seemed static. i couldnt quit looking at the pulsing of the outside lights tho...

this all took place easily 75% lower if not even lower then the airliner/cargo plane i taked about in the first paragraph. I've had 2 a10's come over the horizon "On deck" before and it was mind erasing noise. i didnt know my name while the mayhem that is the a10 reigned in the sky above me... SO LOUD... this plane didnt make a peep. thats what got my goosebumps going so much i think is my mind was able to gather all the senses on it so it put me off. was very strange. I've seen fighters going at it in the sky too in northern michigan and they have a different type of "action" noise that comes and goes depending on where they are aiming and what they are doing, i would imagine one just blowing by would probably be pretty loud tho so idk i doubt it wad a fighter either.

all this occurred on the night of august 7th between 9:03 pm and 9:15 pm eastern. I've checked flight tracker sights and came up empty handed on anything heading the direction this guy was.

now earlier i brought up the flight line and the compass patio because the combination of these gives me a very very good idea of the direction he was traveling. the normal flight line is perfect east to west. we have planes coming in for landing and taking off on this line, I'm very very used to seeing planes travel in these directions.. the unidentified one however was on a path all his own. i honestly cant remember seeing one go or come from that way, thats not saying much its not like i watch the skies 24/7 keeping notes it just felt very odd to be headed in this direction.

best heading i could get off the Patio compass was between S80E and S65E, would read 95 degrees - 110 degrees on a normal compass.

thats heading right into the heart of east coast fun, DC, NY, Carolina's, lotsa poppin areas that i would expect a private jet to be heading to but I've never seen a privat jet that had lighting of this type or that didnt make a sound, and if it was a private jet it was a registered one on any of the flight tracker sights...

anyone have any suggestions? I'm working on a couple pictures right now but its lunch time for the tykes so bear with me. i will follow up shortly. in the mean time any suggestions would be awesome!

*funny story about living right on the flight line*

i was headed down our road in a very very rural section of it and some hot shot pilot in a little tiny gulf stile jet came swooping down from wayyyy up high at a crazy crazy downward almost upside down hard banking turn to get himself on the flight line and IDK if he saw my big red truck bumping along this dusty little road surrounded by corn fields but when he "settled" his bank he was coming square on at me and his tail mounted engines made him look so scary lol. i was DEAD in his sights. he held this bearing for only 2-3 seconds then adjusted it QUICKLY and continued on to approach.. the combination of his very very drastic meaningful action and the Deep long look he took into my eyes was just chilling.. my hole body locked up and i hit the breaks and had to kinda shake it off lol... i feel bad for the ones who its a real deal lol... absolutely CHILLING! still think it was some hotshot fly boy having fun with me? am i wrong?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
as i was sitting here typing this out a shrill screech just took over my head as i heard something throttling down like I've never heard before.... looked out my window just in time to see 2 grey a10's coming in for landing playing follow the leader... couldnt of been more then 1000 feet between em..

just to note for all the people that claim they cant see numbers on the black choppers and stuff these 2 were both a lighter grey and i couldnt make out the numbers even at only 1000-2000 feet.. maybe even lower. they blend well:

a10's at bishop airport in flint?!?! whys that?
edit on 21-8-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

No clue what you saw. Don't you love a good mystery?

The a10s though might have been from Fort Wayne. That's not to far from flint. Those things fly over my house all the time.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Heading to a hiding place for a dog and pony show. I've seen a couple projects sitting out at small airports in the middle of nowhere waiting for someone to come to them so they could show it off to higher ups.

The first one, not the Hogs.
edit on 8/21/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i never though about that. probably bringing her down to the virginia area for someone to get a good look at what they are paying for lol.

just to add the whole sighting lasted maybe 30-45 seconds. maybe even less. the 9:03 - 9:15 time was the best guestimate on when it happened based of recent calls in my phone. i hung up from my fiancé right before i pulled into my parents driveway and that call began at 9:00 on the money and was fairly short.

any idea on the pulsing lights? form of propulsion? form of jamming? just plain cool looking?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
May have been something with electric propulsion. Would provide a pic of a cool vehicle NASA has been testing but still hate this "new" ATS layout, don't have a clue where anything is. But yeah, something electric.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what it is, and no I won't say. It was out West a month or so ago doing another show off, but events in the world got in the way. They probably brought the mountain to Mohammed this time.

Oh, and congratulations. You're the first person I've heard of seeing her that isn't involved in the program.
edit on 8/21/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ok everyone in that neck o' the woods. Eyes open, cameras ready!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

That applies anywhere. There's a lot flying around out there right now. Take a camera everywhere you can, especially at night.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 so is this another sighting of the green flamed plane ? I appreciate what you can answer with

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

No. Different aircraft.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Good story.
I have got to ask, You had your cell with you, where's the pics?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Zaph knows of what he speaketh... verily, for the great ones in black palaces have maketh devices that soar silently through the air ocean in the blink of an eye with ease and shall bring furious vengeance upon those we deem enemies... yea, verily.

Cool stuff up there... can't wait for the airshows in a few years!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

even more disturbing is I'm a semi pro photographer with camera equipment coming out of my ears. i even have a super wide iris lens thats perfect for night shots.. got a canon xa10 video camera as well that would captured the whole thing 60 frames per second 1080 HD with some pretty powerful night vision...

i also climbed yosemite falls and didnt bother to take any equipment either... sometimes just being in the moment is so overwhelming and exciting that i just forget or maybe dont wanna pollute that feeling idk..

in this case my phone was on the charger less then 5 feet from my left hand when i first looked up. after a few moments of staring i realized the moon was coming up in its path and i just bolted.. in fact it never even crossed my mind that i had my iPhone on me until you just said something... lol

im a full time parent of 2 very young children, a 14 month old and a 3 month old so my sky viewing time is nil. the fact that i looked up and saw something that i didnt understand in the minuscule time that i spend able to look at the sky (Walking from car to building, alone, unencumbered) was so mind boggling that i just shut down and had to keep watching it. only thing i could do was gather information from my senses, all sense of "Should do" was gone. it was something i won't soon forget.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You should see the other one. Not as "oh my God" in the same way, but just as stunning in her own right.

I'm stalking that one until I can get a picture of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609just to note for all the people that claim they cant see numbers on the black choppers and stuff these 2 were both a lighter grey and i couldnt make out the numbers even at only 1000-2000 feet.. maybe even lower. they blend well:

They aren't designed to be seen at a great distance, and neither are civil markings. they are there to identify eth aircraft if you are relatively nearby - just het same as registration plates on cars.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Hopefully by this time next year you'll have her.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Ya that was more for the black copter crowd that always talk about unmarked black aircraft/copters on American soil. Could be very easily mistaken that they are just your normal Blackhawks and whatnot and people not used to looking will see the evil "black" helicopter. Would probably be a very big breach of pilot safety if it could easily be identifies which individual aircraft does what.

I'm curious zaph, what kind of camera do you shoot with and any way of planning a certain day to go out? Snipe hunting is probably easier ehh lol

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The giant glowing stingray in the sky is one i am very anxiously awaiting info on. Idk if I have the shape on it wrong or what but every description I've read makes me see stingray lol nick name her the Irwin killer!

Eta: or do you mean the newer triangles?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

edit on 21-8-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join