It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is happening!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
has anyone thought the same as me as of late loads of species seem to be dieing out!!! and acting differently this is on a mass scale it seems to be affecting moths here in england as there numbers keep falling aslo (around the world) insects birds all sorts seem to be dissapearing is this due to hunting no
i think its got to do with climate change if their is such a thing

Also animals are begining to act different some owls are using dung to trap dung beatles all sorts of things and humans diseases are also increasing are we witnessing a mass evolution of species or extinction?

links

www.earthchangestv.net/

P.S. look in breaking biology news page two this site is full of info

E_T

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Well... mankind is already causing mass extinction of species we do't even know.
Rain forests as good example.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Also animals are begining to act different some owls are using dung to trap dung beatles all sorts of things and humans diseases are also increasing are we witnessing a mass evolution of species or extinction?

I think it's a little bit of both. Some animals are adapting while others are falling by the way side. This has been the case throughout the history of life on earth. For the first time though, one species can be held responsible for the mass extinctions of others.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
can you not see the proof do you not think that this is happening

open your eyes people

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't think there is anyone who hasn't seen or heard some evidence of this.

I remember listening to speeches on this topic back in gradeschool (in the 80's)
Most of the animals we are killing off- it's too late now and the people who have the control to really make an instant difference don't care.

Originally posted by klain
can you not see the proof do you not think that this is happening

open your eyes people

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
thanks i got hot headed abov sorry guys lol long day no bitterness

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

it seems to be affecting moths here in england as there numbers keep falling

i cant stand moths, they are soooooooo annoying, especially hovering around clothes, lights etc. this year has definitely less!
maybe im swotting too many of them causing them be extinct?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If you're concerned, the thing to do is become involved in some of the better environmental organizations (World Wildlife Fund, for example) or become part of the various environmental watch programs (Cornell's Bird Watch.)

It's hard to push the message through to Bush and his buddies, but if enough data comes in and enough people shriek to congressmen and so forth we can get something done.

And because I'm such an activist, I'll try to get together a list of these resources for y'all.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Channy
i cant stand moths, they are soooooooo annoying, especially hovering around clothes, lights etc. this year has definitely less!
maybe im swotting too many of them causing them be extinct?

So then, how does it feel to singlehandedly kill off a species?

well... maybe you shouldn't answer that. I'm sure somebody will mourn their loss.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
hrm thanks byrd im not a environmentalist but even though i dont think one voice will make a difference to that fool especially with all the mony hes getting from oil

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well, it might not be as crazy as you think. According to Principles of Human Evolution Ch.6 "Extinction and Patterns of Evolution", 99.9% of all the species that have ever existed are now extinct. That's a lot of now non-existent species. I guess that doesn't necessarily support the fact that it's not now happening at a faster rate than in the past 30 billion years or whatever, it just says that extinction is a part of Nature and all that circle of life crap. My first thought when I read that statistic was, "Wow, that means there's a great chance that humans will be extinct sometime in the future. I've never really thought about that." Then I thought, "Perhaps we're the first ones to see this pattern, and can therefore counteract it before it gets us." Then I read this post and realized that humans are probably more conscious of this, but we are probably also eliminating more species ourselves than other species have in the past. I suppose it's possible we are eliminating more species than our ecosystem and planet as a whole can end up supporting. Maybe that will be our ultimate downfall: We'll cause a large amount of species to be extinct, the ecosystem as we know it will collapse and will no longer be able to support us, and then we'll be added to that 99.9% statistic. Who knows? I'm a big environmentalist in thought, but I have yet to take much action. That's on my to-do list, though.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I haven't seen ANY hummingbirds this year ... and they are usually all over my plants ....

*Zerinity*

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
humans are the disease killing everything off for our selfish needs...

we subjugate land build and destroy...rinse repeat

we will eventually wipe everything out including ourselves at this rate

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I found this article and posted it to ATSNN yesterday, then it occured to me it could shed interesting light on this conversation too.

It is about a journalist who believes politicians are purposely destroying our environment and nubming people to it.

www.atsnn.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

has anyone thought the same as me as of late loads of species seem to be dieing out!!!

Well, since I'm betting that you aren't a rainforest zoologist, I''d guess that at least the people who told you that this was happenig are aware of it.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

hrm thanks byrd im not a environmentalist but even though i dont think one voice will make a difference to that fool especially with all the mony hes getting from oil

I guess I am showing my age when a comment like the one above makes me sad -- if everyone feels their one voice does make a difference - we would have thousands upon thousands of voices all saying the same thing. Can you tell I grew up in the 60's

I think that there is a marketing philosophy is if you hear from 1 person it means that 100 are thinking the same thing.

So don't ever be afraid to be that one voice -- instead imagine what your one voice could start.

jm

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Got a link to share about owls using dung to trap dung beetles?
I'd like to check it out.

I know when I last lived on Lake Erie they were finding mutated fish!

I notice hardly any butterflies can be seen anymore unless you go way out in the country.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
yeh www.earthchangestv.net... u have to be a member for exclusive things but just go through and read the titles

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
"99.9% of all species that have ever existed are now extinct"

well, thank Nature for that, if not there would not be enough room on the earth, and Humanity would be competing with some pretty frightening creatures for food, living space, and survival.

Humans have appeared on the earth in the last 1-2 million years, so it makes sense that most others have gone, we are the last ones on the scene so far. One day we too will be gone, and then some other creature will think about what came before. Nature does not need us, but we desperately need her.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There's no place for anger, we're just very selfish race, I am sure this planet has some mechanisms of self defense, too. So when we kill all willingly or unwillingly which doesn't make the difference, who will we blame?
This act local think global thing it can't help. I have to use recycled paper and don't use plastic bags, meanwhile someone makes money on filthy industry, or whatever. Don't to mention nuclear waste

this planet has always been ruled by greed and all the worst scum.

<<   2 >>

join