It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient Nancy Writebol Released Tuesday, Kent Brantly Will Be Released Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
American Ebola patient to be released after clean blood tests

(CNN) -- Dr. Kent Brantly, who contracted the deadly Ebola virus in West Africa while helping fight its largest outbreak in recorded history, will be released from Atlanta's Emory University Hospital on Thursday, spokesman Vince Dollard said.
His blood tests have come back negative for the virus.
The hospital will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. ET, where Brantly will give a statement before leaving the hospital.
Emory will also have information on fellow missionary Nancy Writebol. Her husband recently said that she is regaining strength.

Breaking News item:

Apparently Nancy Writebol was released from the hospital on Tuesday. Looking for web source for verification.

EDIT:

Found one here.

Nancy Writebol has been discharged and is no longer a patient at Emory University Hospital, according to Channel 9's sister station, WSB-TV.

Brantly arrived at the hospital Saturday, Aug. 2, where he walked in wearing a protective suit. A second Ebola patient, Nancy Writebol -- a Charlotte missionary -- arrived three days later.

It was also just confirmed in the Emory press release that Nancy Writebol was released on Tuesday.
edit on 2014-8-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well they probably aren't going to get too many hugs at the start....

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

LOL.

Yeah, I don't imagine so — clean blood test or not!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Does anyone know what the chances of a relapse are for ebolie survivors is?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Hard to tell stats seem to drag behind. The Spanish priest who got the same serum died, so far 3 patients who got the serum 1 died.
The Nurse who took care of Sawyer and was infected, she was cured and left the hospital and she died in a day after release.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: deadeyedick

Hard to tell stats seem to drag behind. The Spanish priest who got the same serum died, so far 3 patients who got the serum 1 died.
The Nurse who took care of Sawyer and was infected, she was cured and left the hospital and she died in a day after release.

It was the doctor which treated Sawyer who 'recovered' and was released then died, two nurses have died.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Dang i was really hoping you would say hey dummy where have you been the medical community that has made this serum has also done extensive case studies on survivors and no chance of relapse is present. Like you said there have not been very many people who survived much less any studies done on the survivors. Seems like we just got dumped on in the name of morality.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Strange. They made it sound like he was being released and they'd give a statement on her (in the first article) implying that she was still recovering. The other articles say she was released on Tuesday (with no fanfare? no press conference?) Wonder why she is just a footnote compared to his release?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Strange. They made it sound like he was being released and they'd give a statement on her (in the first article) implying that she was still recovering. The other articles say she was released on Tuesday (with no fanfare? no press conference?) Wonder why she is just a footnote compared to his release?

I believe that once she was determined to no longer present a public health risk, they were obligated to respect her right to privacy and she expressed her wishes that no announcement be made at the time she left.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: new_here

I believe that once she was determined to no longer present a public health risk, they were obligated to respect her right to privacy and she expressed her wishes that no announcement be made at the time she left.

That is some good thinking on your part. Makes sense. Conspiracy averted, LoL...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
When we read sperm can have Ebola up to 7 weeks after recovery, why are people being released into the public so soon?

I read a post earlier linking Ebola with the plague as well, does anyone have more info on that?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Who ever determined that she no longer posed a health risk owes us some answers as to why they believe that she will never infect anyone.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I believe that once you catch Ebola and recover, you are immune to future infections. Given that, I sure hope that these 2 doctors go back to Africa to administer the same stuff that saved their lives to those that are currently infected.

That being said, I live in the Dallas area and would have felt much more comfortable if they had kept the doctor from my area under quarantine for a month or so just to make certain that he is cured. I would really appreciate it if the doctors that treated him would give the public some information that explains how they are certain he is cured.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace
I know that's the train of thought in treat health care workers as first priority.

This just seems odd how none of the information adds up.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think these releases are a BAD IDEA.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Not only does the information we have say that it makes me wonder if the insurance stopped paying or any of a hundred other what ifs that could result in a release.

Even something as simple as strep can have a patient as a carrier but no longer ill.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

Not only does the information we have say that it makes me wonder if the insurance stopped paying or any of a hundred other what ifs that could result in a release.

Even something as simple as strep can have a patient as a carrier but no longer ill.

That's what I'm concerned about. These people being carriers.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Two Typhoid Mary's. How delightful.

top topics

join