It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So much for democracy:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I just watched this video of a US Marine being attacked outside the Whitehouse:

U.S. MARINE attacked by jihad outside the White House

I am not in the USA but from a lot of the video footage I am seeing... things are getting really bad.

Police brutality etc.

The thing that bothered me the most about this video is that the Police seemed to single out the Marine and those that assaulted him got away with it.

They were verbally abusing him and calling him a NAZI ...

He was holding the USA Flag and was not holding the Israeli Flag until the Jewish women put it in his hand.

terrible

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz
If things keep going this way, we will be on our knees hearing 'Allahu Akbar' just before the purveyors of the 'Religion of Peace' cut our heads off with a small knife.
Yay.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

No "we" wont! Some of us will die defending our land. Oh well, this is what the majority wanted.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You know what? somebody out there wants us separate and hating each other and it's working.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I'd like to see what transpired before the start of this video. The altercation started some how but we don't see that in the video.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The Marine had every right to be there and hold the USA Flag. As you can see in the video, the woman is in the background holding the Israeli flag....

they were calling him a NAZI for holding the USA flag.

what is worse than that... the cops singled him out and 'removed him'

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I just have to say for the millionth time; we're a Republic, not a democracy. Albeit, the people are no longer represented.

link   
I just have to say for the millionth time; we're a Republic, not a democracy. Albeit, the people are no longer represented.

link   
the other thing that really bothered me is that the majority of those demonstrating were telling him to 'get out of here'

my feelings are that if they can demonstrate and hold signs/flags then so can others. Very alarming to see the USA flag being removed from the area on USA soil.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: qwerty12345

some People are.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Now days for some people that flag represent war, corruption, propaganda, lies and deceit, nationalism and pride in the US represent being a fool who cannot see beyond the matrix of control.

Democracy always fail when the people do not make sure they are informed and know the real truth. As long as they allow people to manipulate them they will be screwed over. Choosing your president is only choosing what the face you like to manipulate you for their real masters bidding. Corporate fascism version 2.0. Where you are allowed to choose between different handlers but still every choose is for more of the same.

In a way I am impressed that they are pulling it off and how well manipulated we are by the news agencies. Willful ignorance is a powerful tool.

Even if it is for only food, below video is applicable to any system where willful ignorance is used to control people.

edit on 21-8-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
democracy is marxism. marxism is not the sunshine and lollipops they told you it was. it's totalitarian and shares that common boundary with other totalitarian systems. they can't tell you this while they're in the process of overthrowing your government, education and finance.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

they can't tell you this while they're in the process of overthrowing your government, education and finance.

well perhaps democracy should be known as deception instead?

Maybe we could all vote for deception instead of democracy next time? ... oh... those that are allowed to vote that is.

Decepcrocy

edit on CDT08000000Thu, 21 Aug 2014 08:40:22 -05004022am232 by Thurisaz because: to add and correct

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

that's not to say that the democratic party was originally marxist. it was just hijacked, like our banks and schools, by marxists. marxism preys on the idealism of the youth and then, when it finally sets up shop, it's 1000s of times worse than the thing it claimed to be morally replacing .

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There was a thread on this when it happened and the guy went there with the sole purpose of starting trouble.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
There were sections set up for the supporters of Palestine and the supporters of Israel and this guy went over to the other side and started throwing his weight around. Also as far as the he was only holding an American flag is wrong he showed up with an Israeli flag also.

He went there looking for trouble and he found it.
The other sign is still funny though. Why did the Zionist cross the road? To occupy the other side.

So what if he is a vet I'm a vet also but that doesn't give you a free pass to act like an ahole.
edit on 21-8-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Kind of...as long as he is 8 years past his release from active duty and not on reserve status. Thats when IRR ends. You cant identify yourself as a military member at a protest. Otherwise you no longer are a spectator. Also you cant attend gatherings of that nature which end up in violence. Department of defense directives 1326 and 1344. Also brings ucmj into play.

People in the military can be discharged from active duty for stuff they say in social media. Normally this only occurs when there is a photo involved and you can see the name of the individual. But if you say something denouncing the government or president then you can get charged.

In other words...you have free speech in the military but not really.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

So what if he is a vet I'm a vet also but that doesn't give you a free pass to act like an ahole.

Correct.
Being an American citizen in the United States of America gives him the right to act like an ahole, provided that he violates no laws in doing so.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: darkwarrior

i think obama is too classy of a guy to be president.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: buster2010

Correct.
Being an American citizen in the United States of America gives him the right to act like an ahole, provided that he violates no laws in doing so.

Exactly that is why people need to stop with the veteran labeling like they should have special privileges in everything they do.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This isn't just an issue of being in the Military or being a Veteran.... this video is alarming because the USA flag and Citizen were removed from a protest that occurred on USA soil.

I would have thought that the Police would have supported him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join