It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CFR: Ukraine Crisis, It's the Wests Fault

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Were you ever able to find the original article, parts of which were used in your op which came from blog sites? I was not able to locate it on the cfr site.

It was posted on page 1 of the thread. It was also linked within the article I first posted but I wanted people to actually read the articles. Here it is again.

Original article published by CFR on Foreign Affairs web site

I never said the author (John J. Mearsheimer) of the original article was a member of the CFR. They do have a lot of his articles on their Foreign Affairs website though. From what I can tell about him he knows what he's talking about. Looks like the CFR seems to think so as well.

Wiki: John J. Mearsheimer

edit on 057pm0606pm72014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

I knew that. The video was really famous during the Maidan events in Kiev.

So you purposely posted a fake video...good job.

However, if US does not come on line in terms of various policies, it will also face same fate as Ukraine is seeing these days.

So Russia is going to invade the US to protect it's Russian speaking citizens...because that is the guise they used for Ukraine, and that is what we see in Ukraine today?

Kudos to you though.............you are steadfastly standing up for elites ;-)

Wait isn't Putin considered one of the elite as he is worth upwards of 70 billion?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

Even tho I hate infowars, this is probably one of their best story's. This is a detailed report of the Hoax.
www.infowars.com...
www.youtube.com...

Good... the last to bastions of truth...

infowars, and youtube.

You might as well have added all Russian media on there as well, as they are just as credible as infowars.

And you do know that prison planet and infowars are the same... Alex Jones, and we all know how truthful he is.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Says the guy who as a proof gives social media networks and blogger...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

You are correct. My apologies.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

This from the guy who claimed Putin never killed /arranged to be killed /falsely imprisoned anyone.

Didn't Newland phone call end up on yourube courtesy Russia?
I also remember seeing pro Russians use social media during the Dunbas incident where people were burned in the building as evidence.

This would be how we know the situation in Ukraine was caused by Russia and not the west. Putin recently stated his reason for invading crimea Ukraine was to prevent NATO from being able to use it. So again the oppression claims by Russia was false.

Russians fingerlings are all over Ukraine and that is because of Putin, not the west.

I doubt you guys would accept the US invading Cuba to prevent Russia or china from stationing military units there because itmis in the US near abroad. Or Germany and Poland for invading Kaliningrad because historically it belonged to germany and presently its in Germanys and Polands near abroad.

The article makes statements that omit information in some and flat out ignores it in others.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I just watched a 1:37:06 long video about what "our" governments are supporting in the Ukraine, no wonder MSM has focused it shift to IS(IS), that`s really horrible and they don`t want you to see it for sure.

I can`t get give link because it would violate T&C, but it can be found if you`re looking at non MSM sites (warning tough, very graphic stuff in it). If you`re really interested, you have to find it yourselves, but it can be found by using some common sense as what websites are willing to put out the truth.

It`s really disgusting to see what Kiev is doing, I can`t believe someone with a good moral compass can defend such atrociousness.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I seem to be late to the dance, but I would like to point out that the essay cited in the blogs cited in the OP represent the views of Mr. Mearsheimer, not those of the Council On Foreign Relations. Contrary to popular belief, the CFR is not a monolithic cabal. It is a forum for academics and diplomats to discuss their views on important topics. This essay might be re-titled: "How to mismanage a regional policy." The intent of the author is to question policy choices that should be revised in future, not expose wrong-doing or apportion blame.

It is not uncommon for FAQ to dedicate issues to specific issues, with contributors submitting essays pro and contra. (Eg; The future of Chinese-American relations: growing interdependence or inevitable conflict?)

Just because a professor from the University of Chicago publishes a paper entitled: "The failures of Free Market Capitalism in the early 21st Century" does not mean that the UC Economics Department has suddenly become a nest of Bolsheviks.
edit on 22-8-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct formatting.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Man you are THE TOP TRUTH POSTER ON ATS

I enjoy your threads immensely, watching those ATS members whose opinions always coincide with viewpoints of US government.

Watching them squirm in logic dead-falls and straw man arguments.

Bassago if I could send you a beer I would. Some expensive Czech beer

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

It`s really disgusting to see what Kiev is doing, I can`t believe someone with a good moral compass can defend such atrociousness.

Convoy for aid was on the border a week or so ago, but Terrorists in Kiev made sure that it took several days to do the paperwork and delay the convoy as long as possible.

This shows how much hate and animosity Kiev Junta has towards the people in the Donbass.

It would be good for people in Ukraine that this country splits and different minded folks go their own ways. That will bring long term peace for that country and the region.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

So you make claims and refuse to source it.

Typical for that side of the fence. Like I said before the country is specific, the claims are specific and the source and facts are drifting somewhere in the universe, not locatable.

Either that or the source is Russian media.

edit on 22-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Russia sent the convoy into Ukraine without Kiev consent.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Funny, but when did I become the topic of this thread?

When you feel like discussing the topic just let me know.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

So you make claims and refuse to source it.

Typical for that side of the fence. Like I said before the country is specific, the claims are specific and the source and facts are drifting somewhere in the universe, not locatable.

Either that or the source is Russian media.

It`s easy to find, but not for someone like you, because it`s not the kind of site which you look at as it doesn`t support you view.

And I can just comment on what`s Kiev is doing and the West supporting them, I`m free to do that.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Convoy for aid was on the border a week or so ago, but Terrorists in Kiev made sure that it took several days to do the paperwork and delay the convoy as long as possible.

Really, because if they would have done it the right way and involve the Red Cross that aid would have been there sooner.

But hey it's better to say Ukraine caused it, although it is being shown that Russia tried to do things their way instead of the right way and caused this problem.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Do not try to bend the facts.

Officially, Russia does not need any consent from Terrorist Junta in Kiev now.

Ukraine does not exist anymore since the public referendum in Donbass republics, to where this aid is going to. Russia is being too patient and nice here.

Who are Terrorists? Those who bring intentional pain and suffering to general society through their acts. Society was peaceful and normal going until the Junta in Kiev decided to launch the ATO using tanks and artillery.

Junta in Kiev is the terrorist here in every sense weather attacking people and their assets or hindering the aid to those who are in dire needs to sustain themselves like human beings in a civilized society.

Junta in Kiev should be brought to War Crimes courts and prosecuted along with commanders of those units who are ordering artillery strikes on the cities.

ATOs is done using SWAT and Special Riot police type forces. Not using artillery and mortar on residential areas.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

So you made up the claims then. - check

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

It`s easy to find, but not for someone like you, because it`s not the kind of site which you look at as it doesn`t support you view.

You do understand how many sites are on the internet, and you really should post a link for the source if you think it is credible as that does help to back your argument.

It's even better if it doesn't support a certain view as that is how a good debate or discussion works, one person presents evidence that supports their view and the other picks said evidence apart...and then that does the same to the other evidence until one side is proven right or wrong.

But that is just how I see the way to a good discussion.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

There is NO need for Kiev's consent now.

DPR is an independent state being attacked by "fascist goons" coercing the remanants of the army of a broken up country that ceased to exist.

Due to lack of complete military cooperation from army these goons have now resorted to hiring criminals etc. to form a militia to kill for money. This Junta is EVIL and needs to be stopped before it engulfs others into similar war like situation.

edit on 22-8-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

You do understand how many sites are on the internet, and you really should post a link for the source if you think it is credible as that does help to back your argument.

It's even better if it doesn't support a certain view as that is how a good debate or discussion works, one person presents evidence that supports their view and the other picks said evidence apart...and then that does the same to the other evidence until one side is proven right or wrong.

But that is just how I see the way to a good discussion.

1) I can watch a video and say I watched it

2) I can comment on what Kiev is doing and the West supporting them

Those are 2 different things, so there`s nothing wrong with my post.

I`m not going to post the link, because it would violate T&C, but time stamp tells what video I have been watching. I give you guys one more clue and that is G R, and with that clue you must be really stupid if you have no idea where to find it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join