It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The grudge: a 1 time scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I saw the grudge recently. It was so freaking scary.

then I went again with a bunch of freinds. The first time it was scary, The second time it was funny.

Although id have to say that some parts were still a little scary, it just wasnt the thrill that it was the first time. I dont think Ill ever buy it on DVD. It was one of those movies where you watch it once and you never have to watch it again.

good movie, bad replay value.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Was that movie a sequel to The Ring?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I believe the review that I read for that movie on Something Awful summed it up when they stated:

"About a boy that died swallowing a cat".

How true indeed!

[edit on 5-12-2004 by Strigoi]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
You mean the American version, right? I am a bit hesitant about seeing this one as remakes tend to suck.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Was that movie a sequel to The Ring?

no, it's the sequal to Ju-on and Ju-on 2 (The Curse) and then Ju-on: The Grudge (original) has a sequal called... Ju-on: The Grudge 2.

i like the remake, but to be honest some of the special effects were a little cheesy. i don't think anything will ever surpass the girl crawling out of the television and then lagging forward in The Ring remake for scariness in Hollywood! < hides >

Ringu 2 was the sequal to Ringu, and Hollywood are making an independent sequel to The Ring, called The Ring 2 which is due for completion in 2005.

EDIT: testing

[edit on 6/12/04 by BLUELol]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLUELol
i don't think anything will ever surpass the girl crawling out of the television and then lagging forward in The Ring remake for scariness in Hollywood! < hides >

That had to be one of the most creepy moments in film history!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have recently watched BOTH versions, Japanese AND American. The American version was, I thought, the better of the two. The effects were better and in the Japanese version the story jumps around to much and skips forward and back in time making it kinda hard to follow. BUT the Japanese version has some VERY scary moments and I think the Stair scene was scarier in the Japanese one.

top topics

join