It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember your roots!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ACPSuperfly

-Blame it on the Tetons-

Blame it on the Tetons. Yeah, I need a scapegoat now.

No my dog won't bite you, though it had the right to. You oughta give her credit cuz she knows I would've let it happen.

Blame it on the weekends. God I need a cola now.

Oh we mumble loudly, wear our shame so proudly. Wore our blank expressions, trying to look interesting. Blame it all on me cuz God I need a cold one now.

All them eager actors gladly taking credit for the lines created by the people tucked away from sight is just a window from the room we're bound to. If you find a way out, oh would you just let me know how? Would you just let me know how?

Blame it on the web but the spider's your problem now.

Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in. Great for solving problems, after it creates a problem. Blame it on the Tetons. God, I need a scapegoat now.

Everyone's a building burning with no one to put the fire out. Standing at the window looking out, waiting for time to burn us down.

Everyone's an ocean drowning with no one really to show how. They might get a little better air if they turned themselves into a cloud.

m.youtube.com...

-modest mouse-

It was just superflys mentioning of the Tetons threw me into a synchronistcic nostalgia.

Modest mouse can take you on some journeys.
edit on 20-8-2014 by GoShredAK because: Link

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing, those are beautiful pics by the way.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Wonderful poetry, but it doesn't take personal responsibility, at all for personal cause and effect.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK Did you just come up with that in response to my post?

a reply to: twohawks Happy to share

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I like to walk barefoot in the grass. Except when there is deer poop or dead chipmunk guts in it. Those outdoor cats and deer can be a pain. So I walk out, examine the ground, and then take off my shoes. There is a really big ant condo community center in back also, you have to watch out you do not step on their roof. When the clover is blooming, you have to watch not to step on bees too. You have to be careful not to step on the treefrogs or toads too, they don't like that.

No wonder I don't do that so much anymore.

Two weeks ago I was down by Lake superior in Marquette, I had to find a place without duck and goose poop on the shore so I could take off my shoes to go wading.

Isn't nature wonderful.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The older I get, and trust me when I say I'm getting older. The older I get, the more I realize "certain realities" apply. 1... cause and affect are a natural function of the universe. B.... Reality is subjective due to surroundings circumstances. C......the older I get, the more I realize I don't know......

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

No I wish I could do that, you just reminded me of a song that is deeply imbedded in my soul. Those were the lyrics. I linked the video I think, if your in the mood for a song please just sit back and check it out.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Laidly to: rickymouse

Rotflmaof

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Please link again , we would love to hear the song

edit on 20-8-2014 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

Good night and good love, fellow ATSers, May God speed be with you....

edit on 20-8-2014 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: twohawks

The older I get, and trust me when I say I'm getting older. The older I get, the more I realize "certain realities" apply. 1... cause and affect are a natural function of the universe. B.... Reality is subjective due to surroundings circumstances. C......the older I get, the more I realize I don't know......

Judging by that response I would say, the band Modest Mouse is just right for you. Most especially their older work. Might I suggest you explore the album entitled "the Moon and Antarctica"
edit on 20-8-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I do it all the time twohawks! In all weather I'm out there barefoot in the woods or the trails and I certainly feel that connection. Particularly I can feel the connection with many things. The primeval past when the land was undeveloped and no one was there. And the cosmos. Nothing alien but simply how expansive it all is and how every point is connected.

In the rain is awesome because it's like I can feel the planet replenishing itself. Even though the rain and everything is toxic we're still part of it

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK oh I didn't see it before, listening to it now. I like melo tunes like this.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I'm happy you like it. They have so many awesome mellow songs.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
what makes hunting and fishing so great:

- you connect with the inner hunter, that base instinct derived from thousands of generations of forebears that honed the hunter inside you.
- you can bag some fresh food
- you get to sit for long periods of time and just observe the natural world. the only time I have ever seen a coyote was while either hunting or fishing. My personal favorite are grackles outside the house. Comical clowns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join