It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robo Cop!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It struck me odd, that finally last night I watched the NEW Robocop movie!

My roommate told me, "eh, it's okay, but nothing great"!

Little did she know, that my conspiracy side found the movie FANTASTIC!

Now what is prompting me to even do this in the movie section of ATS, is the current fervor we have going on against the police because of what happened in Ferguson.

Let me say this first and foremost! "I HATE the police!" Not because they uphold the law, but because they uphold UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS!

But anyhow, I digress as usual.....

If you haven't watched this movie yet, watch it! If you have watched this movie and you are one of those folk who find yourselves caught up in the MSM frenzy full of lies and at best inaccurate information on the Ferguson incident, then WATCH this movie AGAIN!!!!

Be careful what you ask for, because my spidey senses tell me we are all being manipulated for an agenda we just might not want!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Please elaborate on your conspiracy as this is a movie my kids have downloaded on their phone. I was with your friend, I thought it was dumb.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Guess i'll watch it again and see how it relates.
I'll get back to you in the future for a report

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Please elaborate on your conspiracy as this is a movie my kids have downloaded on their phone. I was with your friend, I thought it was dumb.

Look at how Samuel Jackson, portrayed the benefits of having robots as police. His character actually reminded me of Bill O'Rielly!

Then take notice as to the corporation and the money they stood to make from the government if the passed the bill to go through with it.......

Grant you the movie on it's own wasn't great, but you apparently failed to realize the implications of what it was trying to get across?

Think about it! It was all about the "SAFETY" of the citizens, when behind the scenes it was about the money to be made by a corporation.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Whew! My kids only see Nick Fury when they see SLK... They may not have noticed the corporation but, they certainly noticed him talk and talk and talk and talk.

Ty. I was worried I missed something inappropriate.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
Guess i'll watch it again and see how it relates.
I'll get back to you in the future for a report

I appreciate your response!

I just found it odd that with all that is going on currently in real life, that I finally watched this movie and everything just kind of clicked.

U2U me if you wish, to let me know your thoughts!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I tried to watch it but "eh, it was barely OK." (Sorry couldn't resist, couldn't finish it either.)

Can't take anymore remakes, prequels or sequels, no more stop!!! Please Hollywood have an original thought and I may like you again.

Example: Comic superheroes are great but has anyone looked at the list that Marvel and DC are going to subject us to? Ant-Man??????? Really?? Girl Thor??

..... ARRGHHH......

edit on 124pm3535pm82014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

I tried to watch it but "eh, it was barely OK." (Sorry couldn't resist, could finish it either.)

Can't take anymore remakes, prequels or sequels, no more stop!!! Please Hollywood have an original thought and I may like you again.

Example: Comic superheroes are great but has anyone looked at the list that Marvel and DC are going to subject us to? Ant-Man??????? Really?? Girl Thor??

..... ARRGHHH......

Smoke something, and watch it again! Keep in mind the only reason you are watching it, is to make sense of the insanity we have been seeing on ATS and the MSM over the Ferguson incident!

Trust me, you'll get it!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Rising, escalating crime in the US, Detroit becomes the testing ground for an advanced, armed to the circuitry, law enforcement robot.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I did not care for the reboot. Then again I am biased toward anything 80's. The actors in the new one--they just didn't do it for me. I mean come on, no one can measure up to Peter Weller or Nancy Allen in the original. Points for casting Michael Keaton though for sure. Speaking to plot, the reboot covers all the old ground, breaks some new but I'll always be a sucker for claymation and model miniatures; the extensive use of computer generation just overshadowed the rest and lent the effects a cartoonish appearance in my opinion. The creators of the RoboCop reboot should have looked to the pervasive darkly breathless pacing and atmosphere of Dredd for some pointers. For a film that handles similar subject matter in a much cooler fashion check out The Vindicator

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AphoticJoe

I did not care for the reboot. Then again I am biased toward anything 80's. The actors in the new one--they just didn't do it for me. I mean come on, no one can measure up to Peter Weller or Nancy Allen in the original. Points for casting Michael Keaton though for sure. Speaking to plot, the reboot covers all the old ground, breaks some new but I'll always be a sucker for claymation and model miniatures; the extensive use of computer generation just overshadowed the rest and lent the effects a cartoonish appearance in my opinion. The creators of the RoboCop reboot should have looked to the pervasive darkly breathless pacing and atmosphere of Dredd for some pointers. For a film that handles similar subject matter in a much cooler fashion check out The Vindicator

As far as movies go and remakes I get ya!

But that is not what I am trying to bring out. Your critique is valid, but what are your thoughts on the actual story plot of the movie compared to the current state of affairs with our police state?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yep, Seeker is on to something here. i just finished watching it again with the current events in mind. This is eerily similar to what's going on around us

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: AphoticJoe

As far as movies go and remakes I get ya!

But that is not what I am trying to bring out. Your critique is valid, but what are your thoughts on the actual story plot of the movie compared to the current state of affairs with our police state?

Are you referring to robot killers controlled by an army of corporate sponsored heavily militarized private security? The lobbyist campaign to legalize their use within CONUS? The engineering and transformation of law enforcement officers into emotionless killing machines for corporate profit and influence over our elected officials? Or how about the manipulation of millions of Americans by a rock star pundit bent on brainwashing us into rooting for our own oppression at the hands of those killer robots?

Indeed, I get you and I enjoyed your OP. My original reply was an attempt to step back for a moment away from the combative political banter of the day, but I digress. I also think you're on to something. Without doubt Hollywood feeds on current events, and then regurgitates the meal into propaganda we not only all-you-can-eat the heck out of, but also share around with our closest fellow Americans. Sadly, the effects of movie programming on my brain are irreversible at this point ... unless the film was truly awful.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
As a remake, I hated the new Robocop. The only thing I did like about it was the return of the ED-209 and that's about it.

I get what they were trying to say about an increasingly robotic military force and it's inevitable use on American soil. But it was still a terrible movie with a horrible actor playing the lead.

new topics

top topics

join