It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Police State App Helps You "See Something, Say Something" in Real-Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
THIS IS HOW TECHNOLOGY IS GOING TO HELP RATHER THAN OPPRESS US.

Remember...the term "If you see something, say something is a trademark so preemptive measures against such an app were already in the crosshairs?

We are at war. Not only across the Globe (Occupations actually) but at home. On our front porch. This is what we need.

Real time instead of perhaps a VID that goes missing because of a confiscated phone (oops, lost the evidence) or even a Destroyed one.(oops...the police Dropped it by accident).

"What is Sidekik?

Sidekik is a mobile application which will perform two key actions simultaneously. One, Sidekik will activate your smartphone's audio and video recording devices and begin streaming the data to a secure facility. Two, Sidekik will initiate a video call and connect you with an attorney who will represent you in whatever situation you find yourself."

"Why is Sidekik Important?

When you are in a critical situation, such as being pulled over by law enforcement, the balance of power is often against you. The fact is that most people don't know their rights or how to enforce them. In addition, without a record of your encounter with law enforcement, the question of what happened during the encounter devolves into your word against that of the officer, which normally results with courts and public opinion in favor of the officer, regardless of what actually occurred. Though many people have begun recording their interactions with law enforcement, the recording is stored on the recording device, which is sometimes confiscated.

Sidekik solves both of these problems. With the activation of the Sidekik app, your smartphone's audio and video recorders will begin streaming to a secure server. If the officer has behaved outside of their bounds and doesn't want evidence of that misconduct available to you, there is simply nothing the officer can do. The audio and video has been stored and timestamped securely, and can be retrieved by you at your convenience.

Why is it important to us?

Within seconds of activating the Sidekik app, you will be connected through a video call to an attorney licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction. Every attorney on the Sidekik network will be well versed regarding your rights during a police encounter and do everything in their power to defend your rights as they interact with the officer on your behalf."

More here: www.activistpost.com...

Ok, so they are asking for Donations to finish this. Isn't that what we are all about? We kick in, share and spread what we need to combat our oppressors...You know who they are.

So...wanna spend a buck on Angry Birds or...?

"Recent studies have shown that police are held almost completely unaccountable by the current systems of governmental oversight. Perhaps this is the reason why you are 9 times more likely to be killed by a law enforcement officer than a terrorist. Rather than wait for bloated bureaucracy or corrupt government to save the day, we as activists have to find our own solutions. Technology is one of these solutions.

As we have seen, the violent crackdown on independent journalism in Ferguson is a sign of a worsening situation in much of America. More than ever, each citizen needs to become a member of the media and record everything that they see during encounters with the police."

I know my answer...What's yours?

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
That scares me. Does that app have spyware?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
In my home town of Cocoa Beach, all the city vehicles have a "See something, Say Something Report all suspicious activity to Authorities" stickers.

What baffles me is so many embrace this style of government and domestic spying of thy neighbor.

This a great find OP

edit on 20-8-2014 by jrod because: ed

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
you havr to love the source of that app

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

Private Developers so no.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
In my home town of Cocoa Beach, all the city vehicles have a "See something, Say Something Report all suspicious activity to Authorities" stickers.

What baffles me is so many embrace this style of government and domestic spying of thy neighbor.

This a great find OP

This is a small way to fight back so I'm on board.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Awesome!!!

How can I contribute?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Nice! And I'd like to add to your app thread with this future app.

Five-O: The “Yelp" For Law Enforcement

edit on 20-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nomickeyshere

Awesome!!!

How can I contribute?

Just follow the app!

www.indiegogo.com...

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

This is why I like using Google for film and photos. Everything I film or shoot uploads automatically to my Google account for me to store elsewhere.

And for those of you who cry about invasion of privacy, you can turn it off.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

This is why I like using Google for film and photos. Everything I film or shoot uploads automatically to my Google account for me to store elsewhere.

And for those of you who cry about invasion of privacy, you can turn it off.

Big Difference...

This is live and can not be Deleted from the source.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Remember...the term "If you see something, say something is a trademark so preemptive measures against such an app were already in the crosshairs?

Too vague. Maybe, "If you see unnecessary harm being done to someone or something, say something."

But yeah, I like it. Gonna need a lot of donations to pay for those attorneys.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast

But yeah, I like it. Gonna need a lot of donations to pay for those attorneys.

Pay a buck now or a thousand later I guess.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The app in question records video and audio, then sends it to a non-local storage space. The apps main function is to be spyware. Who is to say when it is really being used? Also how a company taking donations can afford to pay a team of lawyers THAT kind of retainer fee.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki

The app in question records video and audio, then sends it to a non-local storage space. The apps main function is to be spyware. Who is to say when it is really being used? Also how a company taking donations can afford to pay a team of lawyers THAT kind of retainer fee.

You don't think the powers that be can access your phone's camera and/ or audio?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast

originally posted by: Vortiki

You don't think the powers that be can access your phone's camera and/ or audio?

I guess we should just stop trying huh?

Nice plan.

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I guess we should just stop trying huh?

Nice plan.

Peace

Contrary. Although anything that needs 'money' is an automatic turn off for me. Money and religion.... ew.

So I appreciate the effort by these people who created the app, but.

Asking for your personal opinion, do you think a revolution or civil war will happen in our life time?
edit on 21-8-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

top topics

join