It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MYSTERY: Giant Earth Crack Opens Up Along Costa de Hermosillo in Mexico (VIDEO)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
wow!
film liiks like it was a small drone!

that is Not dring earth, way to long.
its moving earth plates.

exspanding earth?
makes me thing that the matter for the planets
and suns come from a reaction with in them.
that wound mean No big bank!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If I see Gremlins come out I'm going into the bunker. It will take a lot of band-aids to fix that crack. If there were an artist out there worth their salt, they would spray paint a plumber bent over.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Regarding the OP...

Play the video until you see the 2 guys at the "crack"... then notice how one runs. IF this isnt a video game or some such, then the running dude has some severe issues. lol.

Oh, and notice how the terrain moves along below the view, and how the view typically swings as if controlled by a mouse or game controller. I have played too many games in my time not to recognize this.

Bad, really bad, hoax.

You seriously think the video is faked? The view is slightly distorted towards the bottom of the video because of the lense that is used.

The people probably appear strange to your 'highly-trained-by-video-games' eyes (lol) because of the height combined with the use of a non-standard lense. The guy walking funny towards the end looks that way because the footage is sped up.

Back to the OP...in watching the video it looks to me that the land hasn't been pulled apart, it looks more like a result of erosion.
edit on 8/21/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Right, because none of us thought this might be fake at all. All hail the great Oz who figured it out for us.
a reply to: bbracken677

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex
Yeah, video is real just perhaps sped up in places and filmed from what is probably a quadcopter.

And agreed, this looks like erosion. The fences not being broken on either side and the fence posts hovering over the chasm wouldn't be like that if it were some kind of land movement (other than downward or washed away).

Rapid erosion can occur and have in the past quite spectacularly, mostly at the ends of glacial periods - Outburst Floods or megafloods.
For example, the destruction of Glacial Lake Iroquois is one of the reasons for the terrain of the Hudson River Valley and New York City area.

There was also a recent example of a canyon in Texas that was carved in only days, creating Canyon Lake Gorge.
edit on 16Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:42:38 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Holy Crack Batman!

Yumping Yeezus that is one long crack.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
Is this video real? I don't know why but the video looks very fake to me, like some kind of CGi. The terrain looks mapped and most of the brush looks very flat...the stuff you can see off in the distance like the green patch look fuzzy and low quality. It just looks strange to me.

Edit: After seeing the pictures posted above, maybe it is real. I still don't know why the video looks so fake to me.

The dude running near the end was totally fake..very strange

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Now.... Release the kraken...

edit on 21-8-2014 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: shauny

originally posted by: Charizard
Is this video real? I don't know why but the video looks very fake to me, like some kind of CGi. The terrain looks mapped and most of the brush looks very flat...the stuff you can see off in the distance like the green patch look fuzzy and low quality. It just looks strange to me.

Edit: After seeing the pictures posted above, maybe it is real. I still don't know why the video looks so fake to me.

The dude running near the end was totally fake..very strange

Except it wasn't a "dude running".

Watch it again. It was clearly an individual walking, with the footage sped up. Don't believe me? Download the clip and play it in VLC (or a similar player). Mess with the speed and you will see that it is in fact a person walking.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Whether walking or running, it is fake. It is a hoax. It is not real. Any supporting documentation from anywhere? No? I didn't think so.

Funny that all the articles online are all from yellow rags or tin-foil-hat websites. Seems they spawn from one source too.

edit on 21-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

edit on 21-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: duplicate post, in spirit

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Why don't you google it, like I just did.

www.televisaregional.com...

reply to: bbracken677

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Whether walking or running, it is fake. It is a hoax. It is not real. Any supporting documentation from anywhere? No? I didn't think so.

With your avatar I would expect more in-depth, logical analysis of the situation. Walter would disapprove.

There are a few links to more info and pictures earlier in this thread. More hoaxed images? I doubt it, and if they are then whoever did the editing needs to win some sort of award.

You spoke of one of the reasons you believe it is fake being the movement of the camera resembling that of a game controlled by a mouse. This is produced by the camera being attached by a servo motor. Using a servo will give you very direct and abrupt changes, couple that with the fisheye lens (likely a GoPro camera, they are very popular) and I can see why you would be confused.

If it was a hoax, they really thought it through when they added the guy actually controlling the flying device. He can be seen near the left/center at the beginning of the video. You see him turn counter clockwise, you see the light colored controller in his hands, you see that he is looking at the flying device, and you can see that the footage is sped up by watching the movement of his feet/legs as he adjusts to compensate for the movement of the device.

Once again, Walter would disapprove. But he would have done so in a much more entertaining way than I could ever muster.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Once again, Walter would disapprove. But he would have done so in a much more entertaining way than I could ever muster.

Quite possibly so...and definitely on the humorous aspect lol

I googled a few things and frankly, I do not see a single reference that is what I would call a legit source. I pulled up a few of the links and they were all similarly constructed or *shudder* they were pronouncements of the end of days and how this was a symptom-effect-sign of the times.

If it is real, it is most likely erosional in nature, not a fissure as some imply. I do have some training, education and experience in that matter.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yeah... I'd agree, definitely a washout- fence not stretched or broken.a reply to: Greven

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

I will see your link and raise you this link:

This, I have to admit, is the closest thing to a legit news site that has carried it, that I have seen so far.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

If it is real, it is most likely erosional in nature, not a fissure as some imply. I do have some training, education and experience in that matter.

Indeed. There are a few obvious (IMO) things that point to the ground not separating, the most worth mentioning being the fence remaining in tact with the posts not increasing in distance. I'm sure some more info will come out about this, I don't believe it's anything truly out of the ordinary. As I said in a previous post I'm pretty sure that this is a result of erosion, if I had to guess at a cause I would say the big green fields in the background and their runoff may have something to do with it. Either that or intense cycles of drought and heavy rain over a substantial period of time.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

a reply to: _Del_

I will see your link and raise you this link:

This, I have to admit, is the closest thing to a legit news site that has carried it, that I have seen so far.

www.excelsior.com.mx...
www.nuestro.mx...

Just google "fisura" and "hermosillo". You'll get all kinds of returns.
edit on 21-8-2014 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The earth is on crack

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

a reply to: kloejen

Or.... it's totally a hoax. My next paycheck is on hoax. I pay 10 to 1 odds. One dollar will get you ten if I lose.

Would you consider providing the payout in BitCoin? I've been looking for an excuse to start using them...and 10:1 odds...does that mean that for every dollar I would have paid you you will pay me $10 i.e. 10x's the dollar amount of my next check? That would be one mighty fine payday for me (63 hours at $17.50 on the last pay period, check tomorrow) Or does it mean that for every $10 you would pay I would only owe you $1 i.e. I pay you 1/10th of the dollar amount of your next check? I've never been much of a gambler outside of cards.

I kid, I kid. But seriously...how the hell would the odds affect the payout in this situation? Just out of curiosity?

Back on topic, I am very interested to see what caused this. I love learning about functions of the earth, whether related to plate tectonics or simple erosion principles, my curiosity is piqued.

edit on 8/21/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join