It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MYSTERY: Giant Earth Crack Opens Up Along Costa de Hermosillo in Mexico (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Last time i saw a crack like that was Donington park in 90..Whitesnake headed the bill. I got scared.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Darn, cracks appearing. The earth is starting to show it's age. Maybe a little Botox is needed

I thought we inject enough poison via fracking

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mcChoodles

like a stretch mark.. growing pains. I like that theory

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Wow , what a video !

If you look at the people , they do act like video game characters , the movement of the camer/view also suggests cgi.....maybe the crack is real but this is just a simulation , for what purpose , I have no idea.
I would imagine this type of thing is just natural ?
The earth is constantly changing , look at Pangea and then its' transformation.
personally I think this is just another of Earths tweaks that happen on different scales every second of every day ,some are
just becoming more apparent.
Just my very humble opinion .

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs

That explains why we do it. Cosmetic surgery is widely accepted now.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Let's try to think this through. What do we know is happening? Climate change.

Redistributions of weather patterns from one area, to another, and not even remotely stabilized to have been considered a shift yet. Just chaotic events that have yet to form noticeable area/regional patterns.

So areas that were wet, may be dry more than usual. Areas that are dry, may be wet more than usual.

Need I explain any further?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The Spice must flow!
So anyways, since Hermosillo is near an alluvial plane there may be some salt water effects going on. Also, this may have been caused by seismic activity. Baja California has been separating away from mainland Mexico for millions of years. Check out the crevices in Northern Arizona. Same stuff.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard
Is this video real? I don't know why but the video looks very fake to me, like some kind of CGi. The terrain looks mapped and most of the brush looks very flat...the stuff you can see off in the distance like the green patch look fuzzy and low quality. It just looks strange to me.

Edit: After seeing the pictures posted above, maybe it is real. I still don't know why the video looks so fake to me.

I was thinking that too, its the way the camera turns. But then I thought maybe its a little quad copter and the camera is being turned by a servo.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mcChoodles

*facepalm*

So...tectonic plates? Extrusion from divergent boundaries, subduction zones? All that and science are just tossed out the window in place of a living earth...that is growing.

I suppose that volcanoes are zits. Humans are lice, no doubt. Scientists are idiots and you have it all figured out. Well done! We geologists have wondered how long it would be before someone figured things out. All we have been doing is running around tapping on rocks with hammers. Yep!

Alrighty then!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Regarding the OP...

Play the video until you see the 2 guys at the "crack"... then notice how one runs. IF this isnt a video game or some such, then the running dude has some severe issues. lol.

Oh, and notice how the terrain moves along below the view, and how the view typically swings as if controlled by a mouse or game controller. I have played too many games in my time not to recognize this.

Bad, really bad, hoax.

edit on 20-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Since its a mystery, here are some theories
1.Graboids
2.Alien subterranean vehicle technology
3.The Earth is broken
4.Mexican driving a very large trenching machine
5.It's Obama's fault
6.Paul Bunyan dragging his axe
7.Mexican Exodus, like Moses at the red sea but with sand
8.Farmers left the water running
9.The ground was stolen
10.One of the drug cartel's secret tunnels caved in

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Could there be a possible connection to the earthquakes in Iceland perhaps ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or is mother earth gettin' wrinkly ?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I would hate to be driving down that road as it opened up.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Or.... it's totally a hoax. My next paycheck is on hoax. I pay 10 to 1 odds. One dollar will get you ten if I lose.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Pretty sure thats a real bit of footage. Its filmed from a multi-copter that probably has a camera gimbal operated by a servo, as someone suggested previously. Reason for the people looking odd when moving is I think the footage is sped up ever so slightly. Oh, and if its filmed with a GoPro or something similar, then its a fish-eye lens, so that might make it seem odd to some as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677
It looks more like the footage is sped up to me, like the person is walking but it's way too fast.
Maybe a quadcopter instead of a helicopter is taking the video.

It looks real, given that Indigent posted this link to it with pictures and all:
www.aztecanoticias.com.mx...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
yup it seems to be spreading,,,

suggested reading.

"What is psychosis? What causes psychotic symptoms?"

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

reality vs psychosis.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You're on! But can we make it in Euros ? I don't trust the dollar

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The sand worms are back, call an exterminator. Maybe arnold can handle this one this time. I see CRACK, i see crack alot.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majestic Lumen

I would hate to be driving down that road as it opened up.

I laughed SO hard when i saw this

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join