It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darren Wilson Suffered Orbital Blowout Fracture to Eye Socket during attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So, was he still simply 'running away'?

All parties involved say so, so yes.

All parties state there was an altercation at the vehicle (though they differ as to what happened there), that a shot was fired from inside the vehicle, and that Brown ran away from the vehicle. His body was found 35 feet away from the vehicle.

All parties also claim that Wilson got out of the vehicle and that Brown turned around at some distance (they differ what happened after Brown turned around). Not a single party claims that Brown struck Wilson after that point.
edit on 14Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:09:14 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The xray in the OPs link isn't from the Officer involved with this.

If you scroll down about half way on this link...

webeye.ophth.uiowa.edu...

You'll find that CT scan there. And the link isn't of Officer Wilson. It's a UIOWA tutorial page on eye injuries.\

I have no clue about anything that happened that day other than a person was killed by an cop. Any other opinion of mine will wait till the investigations are finished and any real facts are presented.

The article doesn't say the Scan is Wilsons, but it doesn't make clear that it isn't. It seems like a bit of disingenuous reporting to me. YMMV.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

So its a hoax?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

What was the officer shooting at while he was sitting in the vehicle?

We know he wasn`t shooting at brown,No close range gunshots on the body, or maybe he just missed?
He missed the torso of a 300 pound man who standing a foot away?
He missed by such a wide margin that he didn`t even get any gunshot residue on the 300 pound man? from a foot away?
so, what was he shooting at?
maybe he just felt that it would be a good time to draw his weapon and shoot a hole in his patrol vehicle?
while holding brown by the neck with his other hand?
That`s exactly what the brown team wants us to believe.

Perhaps a more logical explaination is that the gun discharged while Brown and the officer were struggling for control of it.

The brown team has been completely silent about the gunshot in the vehicle since the autopsy proves that brown wasn`t shot at a close distance.

edit on 19-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
No, it is not a hoax...nice try. I did not say the x-ray was his.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: VoidHawk

It's not the same as stubbing your toe where you feel it right away.

Your right, but it was supposed to be his eye, probably the most sensitive part on the body, and people expect us to believe he didn't know!!!

Sorry, anyone who's ever been poked in the eye is not going to believe this nonsense.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I never said anything about what you said nor did I say I thought it was a hoax.

I was commenting on the link and it's failure to make clear the Scan is not from the officer. The way the story is framed makes it appear that it is.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Your right, but it was supposed to be his eye, probably the most sensitive part on the body, and people expect us to believe he didn't know!!!

Sorry, anyone who's ever been poked in the eye is not going to believe this nonsense.

Big difference between poking your eye and getting hit in the eye. I have been in fights and hit in the eye socket and it did not even come close to the pain of being poked in the eye. I have seen orbital breaks on x-rays and looked at the patient at the same time at my dad's office on a few occasions......couldn't even anything was wrong from looking at them.

Kinda like a stress fracture.....they hurt but you would never know what was wrong until you got an xray. It isn't like this guys face was shattered, if it broke it could easily have been a hairline fracture that would not cause any major pain or bruising for a while.

link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

Well, then. Seems sketchy to me. We need a confirming source.

link   

originally posted by: GAOTU789

I never said anything about what you said nor did I say I thought it was a hoax.

I was commenting on the link and it's failure to make clear the Scan is not from the officer. The way the story is framed makes it appear that it is.

Sorry, I was not addressing you..I was addressing Dragonfire...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Not true. Hubby didn't, until the next day. He knew he had been hit, but not that there was any real damage.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So this news source is sketchy but not the eyewitness that was with Brown? The MSM does not want this released as it would start to calm the storm...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Poked in the eye? Like I said in the other post, trauma to the eye does not have to appear right away...not the nose. It took hours for the 'coloration' to appear but some of you need to stop believing movies where it turns dark purple in seconds...or during a fight? Have you never seen a boxer after a strong match?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Except, you just made that up.

Clearly, people can have this type of fracture and not remember how or when they got it- which means you can underestimate your injury in this case.

Orbital Floor Fractures

In cases of occult fractures discovered incidentally or years after the injury, the patient may have no recollection of the actual traumatic incident.

edit on 19-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Local St. Louis sources said Wilson suffered an “orbital blowout fracture to the eye socket.” This comes from a source within the Prosecuting Attorney’s office and confirmed by the St. Louis County Police.

Why would this site thegatewaypundit be breaking this story? It would seem that this info would be released to every big news station first. And nothing to verify it but theses magic sources that they have.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

watch!
Does he look like his eye is blown out?

I only watched part of the video.
Not a doctor, but doesn't a fracture diagnosis involve the use of at least an x-ray machine?
I mean orbital fractures. I know that if your arm seems to have an extra joint and is pointed the wrong way... it could be a fracture.

Yes, many orbital fractures require an xray to diagnose and all the external signs you are going to see is bruising and the person with the fracture can still be very active. It depends on how far the fragments are displaced. I've seen people with orbital fractures who just think they have a "shiner" go about their jobs for a few days before getting checked out.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

This may be an old injury. There not really a way to correct a fractured eye socket besides maybe correctional surgery. I say you need pictures of current facial trauma like bruising or swelling of the eye soon after the incident. He would probably still have bruising now if this happened recently.

Heres a picture of a person with a inferior ocular socket fracture
edit on 19-8-2014 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

link   

I've played sports my entire life, take BJJ and am around low level MMA fighters. You can break your orbital bone and still fight on until the adrenaline wears off or the swelling is too much/double vision and so forth. It's not the same as an eye poke, anyone can tell you that. I can't believe you would even say "EYE POKE" is anything like a punch to the face.

You keep bring up "EYE" it's not his eyeball, so stop saying eye. It's the bone around the eye that may not know you broke something until you are evaluated by a doctor.

link   
a reply to: loam

That's right.

I've treated people with all types of eye injuries and they all present differently. Some will swell and bruise almost immediately and others need xrays or CT scans to find them. Getting hands on someone who has suffered an orbital fracture can usually discover the injury but you may need a doctor yourself because when you press on an orbital bone that's been fractured, you can get a fractured orbital bone as a reaction.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There were reports as early as the 13th of Wilson having facial injuries and it being swollen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join