It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private message notification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hello,

we used to get a pop-up back in the day when we received a private message, it seems that this is no longer the case.
Several recent private messages of mine sent to other members have not been noticed or read at all. I suppose this is partly due to unawareness of the message system in general, as-well as the lack of notification. As there are no other means of getting hold of an active member, we are sometimes forced to post in a thread that the receiving-end hosted just to be able to point their attention to their inbox.

I would love to see a new notification system, one that is enabled from the get go, but can be disabled in the account settings.
Thank you for considering this long-missed feature.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Clairaudience
Yes I have noticed the same thing, the system need to be changed. ( please

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Yes for the love of god yes! Unless your expecting a U2U you don't notice it at all, part because it stays fixed at the header.

Might I suggest to put an envelop icon at the right bottom screen where the "scroll to top" icon is located? That way its always in sight and maybe a faint glow effect or something?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I keep missing messages too...please have a pop up notification to let us know if we get a message please...not all of us are mods on the site that always get messages

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Does your envelope icon light up?
edit on 19-8-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Does your envelope icon light up?

Well if you have mail it goes to black, if that's what you meant

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

I have a black background so my mail shows white.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Aha I see, either way it could use a small overhaul to make it more noticeable*

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I find it easiest just not to use it.

No one writes me anyway so......

Off with it's head!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I agree, the pop-up notice was an excellent feature. Until we get another one, we'll just have to get in the habit of checking our inbox every now and then. I usually check it anyway for any replies to my posts in the forums.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yes, the advantage of the pop-up was that it grabbed the attention even of people who were not expecting it, whereas people new to the board may not read much into the quiet colour-change of the envelope.
Having said that, I remember seeing complaints from members who found it irritating, so they might share the blame for the fact that it was abandoned.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I agree is does need to be more noticeable..

join